great cover songs

Lizzim

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yes, this seems to have become entangled on a quantum level existing as both a good and a bad cover version at the same time.

I bought the single when it came out and I still like it, especially when Bowie yells "YooooKayyyy". The video may be the most 80s thing ever. The portion of the budget saved for scenery was obviously spent on cocaine.

39 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, this seems to have become entangled on a quantum level existing as both a good and a bad cover version at the same time.

I bought the single when it came out and I still like it, especially when Bowie yells "YooooKayyyy". The video may be the most 80s thing ever. The portion of the budget saved for scenery was obviously spent on cocaine.

Okay, so whose dancing is the best/worst? I think Jagger is the marginal winner/loser on that front.

Edited by Homer

8 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Agreed on all counts. The 'silent' version of the video highlights its high-camp brilliance:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Great call.  I saw Rodrigo y Gabriela at Glastonbury a few years ago, having not heard of them before and was an instant convert.

2014? My first Glasto. They were the first act I ever saw on the Pyramid. Front row with other fans. Great memory.