How do you feel?

Matt42

Yet again, my drains have decided to block up just before Xmas ie. it's happened before, and at non Xmas times too. I finally proved that it was Severn Trent Water's responsibility, and they 'finally' accepted that that was the case. They weren't able to reimburse me the over £300 that I spent on the problem, because I didn't keep the receipts for those transactions. If I went down the path of keeping all my receipts there's no doubt in my mind that I'd become an OCD hoarder - as seen on Channel 4 type of thing.. Anyway, I have now (just) written to the afore mentioned water and drainage company and indicated to them that it is my intention to finally expose them to a shock and awe detrimental PR campaign, as well as to question their efficiency to the shareholders etc if they don't fucking react immediately. As is my want, I normally include the local MP in such 'differences' of opinion. Never done it with this crew though, but obviously will do so if necessary. However, that would actually be the very least of their problems 'should I kick off'. The ball is now in their court. The gauntlet has been thrown down. 

• Upvote 1

There's blokes who are c**ts, w*nkers and then some. And then there's the males of the species at the end, hiding under a table, scared of the c**ts and w*nkers, and even more fearful that they'll be 'associated' with being 'with' the c**ts and w*nkers. The people who's arses quiver with fear like a bunny rabbit's nose, at 'those' sort of people and their ways.

I will not, under any circumstances. allow myself to be called 'a man'!

And then. And then this, I'm afraid;

Aaagh, sure isn't the man barking. If you took a load of frogs, fed them speed for a week, put them all in a box, then you wouldn't come close to how fucking demented he was. Mad as a box of frogs, my arse! Doo lally. Doo lally's the word. Only it's actually two words. What of it you filthy piece of fuck? Who's counting? You are!? Sure you couldn't count, count, a county thing, you big bollix ya! 

I think that we can all agree upon reading that lot. that the Lord moves in mysterious ways. 

Amen!

21 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Feeling pretty shite after yesterday's news and then to wake up to this comment on one of my tweets makes me feel completely awful. Screenshot_20201220_095605.thumb.jpg.9f4247edc4cda9c0735a9aaab0d57ee9.jpg

But regardless! I'm really hoping for a better year. 

Wow. Some fucking people, eh? I hope you reported it! Pricks. 

I'm also thinking of a nice Christmas Day run! Now I can't go to see my Dad (he can't leave Kent, I can't leave Scotland) have ideas about doing something healthy to kick off the morning 🙂 Plus it's not supposed to be raining, and in Glasgow you can't waste that shit. 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:
There's blokes who are c**ts, w*nkers and then some. And then there's the males of the species at the end, hiding under a table, scared of the c**ts and w*nkers, and even more fearful that they'll be 'associated' with being 'with' the c**ts and w*nkers. The people who's arses quiver with fear like a bunny rabbit's nose, at 'those' sort of people and their ways.

I will not, under any circumstances. allow myself to be called 'a man'!

And then. And then this, I'm afraid;

Aaagh, sure isn't the man barking. If you took a load of frogs, fed them speed for a week, put them all in a box, then you wouldn't come close to how fucking demented he was. Mad as a box of frogs, my arse! Doo lally. Doo lally's the word. Only it's actually two words. What of it you filthy piece of fuck? Who's counting? You are!? Sure you couldn't count, count, a county thing, you big bollix ya! 

I think that we can all agree upon reading that lot. that the Lord moves in mysterious ways. 

Amen!

Morning, Yog 🙂

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Wow. Some fucking people, eh? I hope you reported it! Pricks. 

I'm also thinking of a nice Christmas Day run! Now I can't go to see my Dad (he can't leave Kent, I can't leave Scotland) have ideas about doing something healthy to kick off the morning 🙂 Plus it's not supposed to be raining, and in Glasgow you can't waste that shit. 

Yea I and few others have reported and am waiting to hear the result of Twitters investigation, he's clearly quite disturbed I'd say as he's attacking many groups with that type of comment.

Yea I figured it'd be a really good way to work some endorphins and make sure I'm not just moping about all day. It looks like a clear day in Cornwall also! Fingers crossed it stays that way! 🙂

On 12/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, Sasperella said:

Morning, Yog 🙂

Hello Sasperella,

Thank you for that excellent (and most appropriate) response. It has helped to lighten a little a very heavy load. I will not go into the amount of shite that I've had on my plate recently. It is very, very much off the scale of anything that I have ever experienced before. I have no doubts that that viewpoint would be shared by the vast majority experiencing the same or even those just looking at the facts like any casual observer. It's been going on for weeks, by which I mean that it's almost been getting added to daily. And then today happens. I now know, full well, that God is having a fucking 'giraffe' with me, and all because I called him some 'names'. The 'bastard' conveniently forgets that I 'larged' him/her/it/they etc up too recently. God almighty. I mean, God all fucking Mighty'!

So, thanks once again Sasperella, because your 'It's just a normal walk in the park day for us all today' response was very funny, also. And I needed a dose of 'funny'

I'm going to stay on this site for a little bit longer, but am not sure if I'll comment further, or not, right now. So, I'll take this opportunity now to wish all on here a very Happy Christmas and better New Year than this one. Off the scale better, I hope. There's me on about 'scales' again. I'll possibly get into a loop type thing unless I end it here right now. No, not now, now, but back then. A bit further, a bit further. No, now you've gone too far back! 

Oh man, it's Loop City!

• Upvote 1

So. I've finally found some time to post in here.

Christmas was pretty much already cancelled for me, owing to how the shift rota fell this year. I get home from this shift at about 2:00am Christmas Day and I'm back on at 21:00pm same night. Will be sleeping most of the day.

I came home from work about a month ago to find my mother lying on the floor. She'd fallen and fractured her hip. Cue a stay in hospital where she's subsequently contracted Covid. She's now in a rehab hospital (for the hip) about 30 miles away from home and still awaiting a negative test.

Prior to this she hadn't been getting out of bed much since April, saying that it was "too hard" and that she "didn't want to carry on anymore". Took me months to actually get her GPs to get the local Mental Health and Care & Enablement teams involved. Said teams were of the opinion that she was perfectly capable of getting herself up, washed, dressed and fed but was just choosing not to. She/we had a couple of weeks "respite" which she spent in a care home, but she just came back and continued staying in bed. The Mental Health team were quoting various mental health acts at her a couple of days before she "fell", but now she's elsewhere, it's like they're not bothered and that it's now somebody else's problem.

She doesn't want to go into a home. I don't want her to go into a home. I think she needs proper mental health help. But the facts are such that this is probably what will be decided for us (she's not really playing ball when it comes to rehabing). Probably going to have to sell the house (which is in her name) to pay for all of this, despite the fact that it is also my home and has been for pretty much forever.

Plus the traffic chaos in my town means that I've been struggling to get to and from work the last couple of weeks. Never know if I'm going to be able reach home or not. Can't get near the house atm. Closest I could get this morning was about a mile away (and even then I was lucky to get a parking spot).

Said chaos also means that getting to where my mother is is also a risky journey. I know visits are banned but she still needs stuff dropping off now and then.

Said chaos also means the local supermarkets are running out of stuff as the delivery lorries can't get through. Lots of colleagues (and I'm sure the whole town) have had their Christmas dinner orders cancelled for this reason. Glad I did a big shop on Monday, but I'm going to run out of stuff by about Boxing Day/27th and then I'm back at work doing unsociable hours for three days again.

Simply.

Having.

A Fucking Shite Christmas Time.

But not as shite as for everyone stuck in a vehicle, stuck in the queue for Calais over Christmas I guess.

First world problems I know.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:45 PM, MrZigster said:

Christmas was pretty much already cancelled for me, owing to how the shift rota fell this year. I get home from this shift at about 2:00am Christmas Day and I'm back on at 21:00pm same night. Will be sleeping most of the day.

I came home from work about a month ago to find my mother lying on the floor. She'd fallen and fractured her hip. Cue a stay in hospital where she's subsequently contracted Covid. She's now in a rehab hospital (for the hip) about 30 miles away from home and still awaiting a negative test.

Prior to this she hadn't been getting out of bed much since April, saying that it was "too hard" and that she "didn't want to carry on anymore". Took me months to actually get her GPs to get the local Mental Health and Care & Enablement teams involved. Said teams were of the opinion that she was perfectly capable of getting herself up, washed, dressed and fed but was just choosing not to. She/we had a couple of weeks "respite" which she spent in a care home, but she just came back and continued staying in bed. The Mental Health team were quoting various mental health acts at her a couple of days before she "fell", but now she's elsewhere, it's like they're not bothered and that it's now somebody else's problem.

She doesn't want to go into a home. I don't want her to go into a home. I think she needs proper mental health help. But the facts are such that this is probably what will be decided for us (she's not really playing ball when it comes to rehabing). Probably going to have to sell the house (which is in her name) to pay for all of this, despite the fact that it is also my home and has been for pretty much forever.

Plus the traffic chaos in my town means that I've been struggling to get to and from work the last couple of weeks. Never know if I'm going to be able reach home or not. Can't get near the house atm. Closest I could get this morning was about a mile away (and even then I was lucky to get a parking spot).

Said chaos also means that getting to where my mother is is also a risky journey. I know visits are banned but she still needs stuff dropping off now and then.

Said chaos also means the local supermarkets are running out of stuff as the delivery lorries can't get through. Lots of colleagues (and I'm sure the whole town) have had their Christmas dinner orders cancelled for this reason. Glad I did a big shop on Monday, but I'm going to run out of stuff by about Boxing Day/27th and then I'm back at work doing unsociable hours for three days again.

Simply.

Having.

But not as shite as for everyone stuck in a vehicle, stuck in the queue for Calais over Christmas I guess.

Hello MrZigster,

I tried reading that, but had to stop well short of the end, I'm afraid. I've had wave on wave of shite hit me in the last week. I am fucking drenched in shite. This means that I cannot allow myself to start reading about shite as well. Not that I mean the whole of your post is shite, you understand. I wouldn't know if it was anyway, as I've only read a small portion of it. However, if i were to go on all your other posts, I'd lay my life down on it not being shite. 

I hope you can understand that garbled apology. Oh, one more thing - I did read and like the following;

Simply.

Having.

Maybe we should do a duet because those lines ring true for me too.

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:45 PM, MrZigster said:

Simply.

Having.

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time at the moment. Sending love your way, I really hope things start to get a bit better for you soon. If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to get in touch (I probably can't do anything to help but I'm here) look after yourself x

• Upvote 1

There would be a school of thought, I'm sure, that would argue that I've only ever been holding on by my fingertips. As it happens, that would never have been accurate - up until now, that is. 

If I am going to be truly accurate on here, then this kind of represents me right now (see photo below) - only my finger tips are actually significantly closer to the edge. 

1,887 Cliff Fingers Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

What I'd like to know is how does one maintain this position whilst knocking a final round off before the freefall thing? I mean, I guess I could try to achieve 'it' on 'the way down', but even though that would have a high comedic quotient, I don't believe that it would be in any way superior to hanging on to a cliff edge with one set of hand fingertips, whilst pulling one's own pud with the other set of available fingertips. 

Obviously if one could bring a third party into the 'operation' (and yes, yes, I am thinking of Chris Bonington right now!) then the flood gates are wide open in terms of available comedic 'possibilities' / conclusions.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:13 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello MrZigster,

I tried reading that, but had to stop well short of the end, I'm afraid. I've had wave on wave of shite hit me in the last week. I am fucking drenched in shite. This means that I cannot allow myself to start reading about shite as well. Not that I mean the whole of your post is shite, you understand. I wouldn't know if it was anyway, as I've only read a small portion of it. However, if i were to go on all your other posts, I'd lay my life down on it not being shite. 

I hope you can understand that garbled apology. Oh, one more thing - I did read and like the following;

Simply.

Having.

Maybe we should do a duet because those lines ring true for me too.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:00 PM, Wellyboot said:

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time at the moment. Sending love your way, I really hope things start to get a bit better for you soon. If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to get in touch (I probably can't do anything to help but I'm here) look after yourself x

Thank you both, and apologies for the rather self indulgent , feeling sorry for myself rant. Think I needed to get it out (there) and written down somehow to get my thoughts in order kind of thing.

I know you're also going through the wringer at the moment @Yoghurt on a Stick and don't blame you for skipping through. Think I'll take that as a compliment rather than an apology.

As for the duet I'll have to pass I'm afraid as I can't really hold a note any more since an operation a few years ago. The sentiment is still standing though. Worst Christmas ever. Still. 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

The sentiment is still standing though. Worst Christmas ever. Still. 

I'm at my mom's house now to stay over night because it's my dad's funeral tomorrow. So, I get here at 6pm this evening to take over looking after our mom from one of my brothers. It was then that I found out that somebody had broken into my dad's garage and workshop last night and stolen stuff. FFS!

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm at my mom's house now to stay over night because it's my dad's funeral tomorrow. So, I get here at 6pm this evening to take over looking after our mom from one of my brothers. It was then that I found out that somebody had broken into my dad's garage and workshop last night and stolen stuff. FFS!

Jeez. It never rains but it pours eh? Hadn't your brother noticed the break in? Hope you informed the rozzers mate (I'm hoping your mom has house insurance). Hoping the next couple of days goes without a hitch for you.

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Jeez. It never rains but it pours eh? Hadn't your brother noticed the break in? Hope you informed the rozzers mate (I'm hoping your mom has house insurance). Hoping the next couple of days goes without a hitch for you.

We've not informed the rozzers, or the insurance company. Not much point really as we don't exactly know what was in there. On top of that all us sons have our own power tools etc, and lets face it my dad doesn't need his now.

Actually, I've just remembered a tale about my dad (think stone mad Irishman to yourself at this point) and the rozzers. My dad and all my brothers built our last 5 bedroom family home ourselves back in the early 1980's. As time went on one by one we left the house (my oldest brother never lived there) to get our own houses etc. Anyway, that left just my mom and dad living in the house. One night a burglar or burglars broke into their house and stole a load of stuff. My dad did hear something so wenmt down stairs and saw that stuff had been stolen. So, he called the police to report it there and then. All he wanted was a crime number from them for insurance purposes. And that's normally what you'd get nowadays in terms of police action. However, the police said they'd be right out straight away (probably because it was a 'posh' area). Now, my dad didn't want this. All he wanted was a crime reference number. So, when the police arrive they give my dad a crime reference number. Then they start sympathising with my dad about how cruel burglars are etc. What they didn't expect from my dad was his response. He had got his crime reference number, and now wanted the police out of his house. So, he started berating the police officers and as they gently backed off away to the front door, his final shot to them was that if he had no job and five mouths to feed, then he'd be a burglar too, and that his own house was exactly the sort of house that he'd rob too.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We've not informed the rozzers, or the insurance company. Not much point really as we don't exactly know what was in there. On top of that all us sons have our own power tools etc, and lets face it my dad doesn't need his now.

Hi Yog and @MrZigster - sorry to hear about your respective parents. It sounds like you've both been having quite a rough old time of it, and certainly a million miles from how anyone would like Christmas to be (even in these weird covidy times).

Somewhat of a cliche I suppose, but I hope things start to look up in the New Year xx

• Upvote 2

Sorry to all those having a bad time at the moment. I've not been having the best time of it either and we had an mri scan and x-rays for one of our dogs that has suggested she'll need 2 operations next year. We also need to keep her calm (next to impossible when you have 2 dogs so that'll be fun!!) but after waiting so long for a diagnosis I at least can see a possible end in sight. I'm resigning myself to the first half of 2021 probably being as shit as 2020 but that 'this too shall pass thing' is hopefully going to get me through it. 

I hope the rest of you can find your own light at the end of the tunnel even if for now it's just a flickering candle. 

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hi Yog and @MrZigster - sorry to hear about your respective parents. It sounds like you've both been having quite a rough old time of it, and certainly a million miles from how anyone would like Christmas to be (even in these weird covidy times).

Somewhat of a cliche I suppose, but I hope things start to look up in the New Year xx

Thanks for the best wishes for the New Year Sasperella. Wishing you all the best too. 🙂