guypjfreak

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, circumstances meant I lost quite a bit of my childhood and teens 

I know what you mean. Me and my brothers were worked like dogs from my teens onwards by our dad. All our spare time was spent on building sites. My dad gained his millions, and we lost our youth - well, a good part of it. I recall the day of Live Aid vividly. We, his sons, wanted the day off, but were told 'Live what? Live what? Get in the fucking van, your going to work'. And so we did. I don't have children, but wouldn't have put them through the same if I had had children.

Ours is not to question why,

Ours is but to do and die.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Neil said:

my little cat has brought me a mouse present 😄 

Our cat started with mice and quickly progressed to baby rabbits which he dragged through the cat flap. He never killed them but just left them for me to find hopping about in the morning.

It's a slippery slope Neil.

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Our cat started with mice and quickly progressed to baby rabbits which he dragged through the cat flap. He never killed them but just left them for me to find hopping about in the morning.

won't be getting rabbits round here.

Only went and bought a boat yesterday... My mate was dropping off the some mushrooms chocolate and as was yakking I put a deposit on a boat.. The old sons are all in so we'll go check it out next week and all divi up.. As I remember it it was a good little boat cabin an all lol 

Years ago we did the same with a 32 foot bus.. 

Sold it on to some travelers we knew.. Still being lived in now 

received_492962401955159.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Only went and bought a boat yesterday... My mate was dropping off the some mushrooms chocolate and as was yakking I put a deposit on a boat.. The old sons are all in so we'll go check it out next week and all divi up.. As I remember it it was a good little boat cabin an all lol 

Hello guy,

A river boat, or a sea fairing vessel? 

Has it got berths ie, is it going to be a party vessel?

I once went on a week's barging holiday. Fucking hell, but that was eventful. Nearly managed to snap a 70 foot barge in two! We opened two locks by accident (pissed up) at the same time. Half of the barge was on one level and half on another, when the water drained. We just all jumped off the barge onto the metal ladders of the locks. Luckily somebody with a brain was passing, saw the situation, and went into immediate action, thus filling it back up so that the barge was in the water, normal, again. I could write a book on that week's holiday. Oh, and I also saw my first kingfisher on that 'journey'. 

decades ago, a guy i know with too much money bought himself a floating plastic palace, he quickly crashed and sank it, cost him a small fortune to get it recovered so it wasn't blocking the Estuary.

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

That's an awesome bus!! Good luck with the boat

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

A river boat, or a sea fairing vessel? 

Has it got berths ie, is it going to be a party vessel?

I once went on a week's barging holiday. Fucking hell, but that was eventful. Nearly managed to snap a 70 foot barge in two! We opened two locks by accident (pissed up) at the same time. Half of the barge was on one level and half on another, when the water drained. We just all jumped off the barge onto the metal ladders of the locks. Luckily somebody with a brain was passing, saw the situation, and went into immediate action, thus filling it back up so that the barge was in the water, normal, again. I could write a book on that week's holiday. Oh, and I also saw my first kingfisher on that 'journey'. 

It's going to able to be used by anyone of us that wants to go out for a day or two or what ever.. 4 of us buying it but it's a group thing. 

The only thing we did with the bus was to get hammered in.. Mainly cos it was parked up at our local lol but we do these mad capped things.. If ever you come into bmth thro poole you'll see an old fishing boat in the middle of a roundabout. 

That was ours but it was a bit of a disaster... We tied it up after nearly sinking and whoever tied it did it without thinking about the tide.. So one of our friends RIP who was sleeping in her got wet and it sunk. Hence its now a feature on a roundabout lol

download.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Last year I was very ill with mental health issues, told I shouldn't drive for 3 months and to let DVLA know, That was the end of June. Finally this week, after a lot of chasing DVLA have given me the all clear to dive again. A positive thing is I have done a lot walking and cycling and will maintain that with less car trips.

Everyone, especially guys, you need to talk about your mental health. You will realise what amazing friends and family you have. There is a lot of help out there too. Don't bottle it all up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

Last year I was very ill with mental health issues, told I shouldn't drive for 3 months and to let DVLA know, That was the end of June. Finally this week, after a lot of chasing DVLA have given me the all clear to dive again. A positive thing is I have done a lot walking and cycling and will maintain that with less car trips.

Everyone, especially guys, you need to talk about your mental health. You will realise what amazing friends and family you have. There is a lot of help out there too. Don't bottle it all up.

great post 🙂 ive suffered a fair bit of late . Plenty of mates have helped me through it ..... mostly friends ive gained from years on here and congrats one getting the license back the DVLA are a right pain recently 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 5:00 PM, Ommadawn said:

we got brought a live mouse yesterday, the wife caught it and binned it, and now we have an unhappy cat looking for her mouse.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your wife 'binned' a live mouse?

an injured live mouse, into the wheelie bin where the mouse can be heard running around, it means the mouse ends up a long way away from here, and has the chance of life if it can survive until bin day.