guypjfreak

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Was great to see the wife in her natural setting.

Shouting at you to get rid of 'those' fucking mugs!? 

I once bought a mobile donut catering unit to try to make some extra money. It went disastrously wrong. As have all my money making ventures since. So, you have my every sympathy on the mugs front.

Glad to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel for you both, and family.

All the best.

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The last ocean going paddle steamer, Waverley, leaving our pier early this gloriously sunny morning. Think the vessel sometimes visits the Bristol Channel and does trips from various resorts.  

97A5EB29-0AA6-4A09-9AE6-D32BCC4EFEE9.thumb.jpeg.24cf784f920423ff75b7db7f89d5c036.jpeg

Still out of upvotes.

What a thing of beauty - and that boat is a belter also! There are special trips, as I just looked on its website. However, I forgot to look at the prices. I suspect one would have to 'assume the position' in order to meet its exquisite costing structure.

I grew up knowing someone from afar in amongst a group of friends. Then, oddly enough, one of my brothers married his only sister. Anyway, to cut a long story short, this is / or recently was his;

Lady K II - IMO 1000019 - Callsign 3FOV - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos  and Ship Tracker

It's the big white one in the background.

His other boat is this one / or was until recently;

Tycoon in one of UK's biggest divorces 'pleading poverty' | Daily Mail  Online

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The last ocean going paddle steamer, Waverley, leaving our pier early this gloriously sunny morning. Think the vessel sometimes visits the Bristol Channel and does trips from various resorts.  

97A5EB29-0AA6-4A09-9AE6-D32BCC4EFEE9.thumb.jpeg.24cf784f920423ff75b7db7f89d5c036.jpeg

Yes does trips in the bristol channel from weston!! Scenery not quite as stunning as we have Hinkley Point in the background!! Must book a trip on the Waverly one day before they stop doing trips! 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Yes does trips in the bristol channel from weston!! Scenery not quite as stunning as we have Hinkley Point in the background!! Must book a trip on the Waverly one day before they stop doing trips! 

Just out of shot is our nuclear power station! Left harbour early this morning when it was quiet apart from the noise of the paddles. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

That’s fantastic news , not long now buddy , if you need anything you know I’m local to you.

Thanks, but I begged an ambulance back to Bristol onths ago so that I was local to the wife and could get sorted with everything I needed.  I'd always wanted a 100 mile trip down a motorway with blues and twos. That was fun.

Bit slow and quiet for more today.theres a trip to the dental hospital in my timetable. To sort dsome toothache but I had it cancelled to go to my own dentist instead.i went to the dental hospital in Bristol once before when I couldn't get a dentist and it students wanting victims to practice on.its a bit brutal an  scary. So I have nothing happening until 11am today boring.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Without all the details, how you feeling now apart from bored as hell and ready to go home Neil?

Bored as hell and ready to go home.sick of hospital food. And sick of not being able to do a few things I want to do.want  to find an old friends number which I hope I'll have on an old phone at home.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Bored as hell and ready to go home.sick of hospital food. And sick of not being able to do a few things I want to do.want  to find an old friends number which I hope I'll have on an old phone at home.

So we'll mark you down as undecided then yeah? 😉

2 weeks and you're done, almost there.

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks, but I begged an ambulance back to Bristol onths ago so that I was local to the wife and could get sorted with everything I needed.  I'd always wanted a 100 mile trip down a motorway with blues and twos. That was fun.

Have I read this right? Have you been a 100 mile trip away from your wife , family, home etc all this time? I suspect that I have that very wrong.

I had the blues and two's in an ambulance once too. I had much more experience of blues and two's with police though.

All the best to you and yours.

Know what this is?

forest, glow and green - image #3495 on Favim.com

It's light at the end of the tunnel.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Have I read this right? Have you been a 100 mile trip away from your wife , family, home etc all this time? I suspect that I have that very wrong.

I had the blues and two's in an ambulance once too. I had much more experience of blues and two's with police though.

All the best to you and yours.

Know what this is?

forest, glow and green - image #3495 on Favim.com

It's light at the end of the tunnel.

I was at my mum's in Hampshire when I became ill and started off in hospital there and in one in South London as well  which is why I needed to get back to bristol, I'm currently on my fifth hospital I've had quite a tour of the nhs.