When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Radiochicken said:

There’s no way this doesn’t come back to bite them in the arse. Good luck to them.

By sheer coincidence :

Pfizer/BioNTech to fast track additional 50m vaccine doses for EU

EU countries will receive 50 million more Covid-19 vaccines produced by Pfizer and BioNTech by the end of June, the head of the EU Commission said on Wednesday, as deliveries expected at the end of the year will be brought forward.

Reuters reports:

Ursula von der Leyen said the earlier deliveries, which will start this month, will take total supplies to the EU from Pfizer to 250 million doses in the second quarter of this year.

She also confirmed the Commission was in talks with the two companies for a new contract for 1.8 billion doses to be delivered in 2022 and 2023, confirming a Reuters report last week.

The EU has already signed two contracts with Pfizer and BionTech for a total of 600 million doses to be delivered this year.

Von der Leyen thanked BioNTech and Pfizer for always having been reliable.

Edited by Mr.Tease

Some good news, some bad news:

Denmark will be the first country (after cases of rare blood clotting) which will stop AZ completely as the danish health department claimed. Of course the vaccination plan might slow down.

The EU will get additional 50 Mio. Biotech Pfizer doses for the second quarter (1 Mio. will go to our country). Of course this will speed up the vaccination plan for most EU countries.

The suspension of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine could delay efforts to vaccinate most people in the EU by over two months to December, scientific information and analytics company Airfinity forecast on Wednesday.

“If the EU can’t use the J&J vaccine indefinitely it could push the timeline for vaccinating 75% of the population back into December,” London-based Airfinity said in a forecast update provided to Reuters.

Without J&J, the EU would reach 75% coverage - viewed as a benchmark for achieving herd immunity - by 8 December, Airfinity projected, representing slippage of more than two months from an earlier expected date of 30 September.

In the US a lack of J&J would push back reaching the 75% threshold to 17 September from 22 July, it estimated.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Some good news, some bad news:

Denmark will be the first country (after cases of rare blood clotting) which will stop AZ completely as the danish health department claimed. Of course the vaccination plan might slow down.

The EU will get additional 50 Mio. Biotech Pfizer doses for the second quarter (1 Mio. will go to our country). Of course this will speed up the vaccination plan for most EU countries.

NEW: Belgium’s top virologist slams Denmark’s decision to stop using #AstraZeneca entirely

Marc Van Ranst: "It's hysterical, yes, because you save a lot of people with it... And if you know it saves more people than it harms people, then this is clearly an emotional decision”"

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The suspension of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine could delay efforts to vaccinate most people in the EU by over two months to December, scientific information and analytics company Airfinity forecast on Wednesday.

“If the EU can’t use the J&J vaccine indefinitely it could push the timeline for vaccinating 75% of the population back into December,” London-based Airfinity said in a forecast update provided to Reuters.

Without J&J, the EU would reach 75% coverage - viewed as a benchmark for achieving herd immunity - by 8 December, Airfinity projected, representing slippage of more than two months from an earlier expected date of 30 September.

In the US a lack of J&J would push back reaching the 75% threshold to 17 September from 22 July, it estimated.

Is this a J&J decision or a EU decision?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

fake SAGE yawn.

Beat me to it ... efests has its fake sage obsessives that have now progressed out of face nappies to fake  sage ... such great evolution ... where an article doesn’t mention fake sage .. it’s guaranteed to get some headlines on here ... 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Is this a J&J decision or a EU decision?

J&J
And our government at the moment makes a Press Conference saying with additional 50 Mio Pfizers that the goal that 70 percent of the population will be vaccinated by start of July can now be reached for almost certain.

For us J&J is not that important as the government vaccination plan is based on Biotech + AZ + Moderna.

Just now, Hannibal Schmitt said:

J&J
And our government at the moment makes a Press Conference saying with additional 50 Mio Pfizers that the goal that 70 percent of the population will be vaccinated by start of July can now be reached for almost certain.

For us J&J is not that important as the government vaccination plan is based on Biotech + AZ + Moderna.

That’s not bad going to be fair given the slow start. 

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

So basically the Danish Health Department think they know better than all other leading authorities on the matter? It’s certainly a strange one. 

Austria chancelor Kurz to danish decision: "The decision of EMA is absolute clear. We will use every vaccine we get and we will keep going on using it."

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Austria chancelor Kurz to danish decision: "The decision of EMA is absolute clear. We will use every vaccine we get and we will keep going on using it."

That is certainly the sensible approach to this - letting the experts who have access to all the information and data they need, to confirm that it is indeed safe to continue use. 

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s not bad going to be fair given the slow start. 

yeah, the experts/scientists must be certain on this, otherwise the government would not say that for multiple times now. also scientists who are against the government measures are saying this. cases are slightly on the decline now and incidence could go from 200 to under 100 by may (keeping in mind we closed our shops only for several weeks after christmas).

12 minutes ago, st dan said:

That is certainly the sensible approach to this - letting the experts who have access to all the information and data they need, to confirm that it is indeed safe to continue use. 

its curious, because some of the first blood clotting cases appeared here in Austria. a nurse died after vaccination, but as far as I remember only some counties here suspended it for one or two days after this. The health department never had any issue with it, also the experts recommend it, always going with the advice of the EMA and one of the rare cases where they are not going with other countries like Germany, Italy or other neighbors. 

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

You can wait until you're vaccinated. We're a similar age and it's what we're doing. Not compulsory to get back out as soon as things open, it can feel like everyone is, but as I've said before, the fact that you can actually get in and book spaces in pubs running at 50% capacity or less means lots of people are still at home. It's just a matter of watching yourself to ensure you do actually ease back in once vaccinated!

Well I haven't done anything yet bar get my hair cut and I only have two pub trips booked in over the next three weeks. 🙂

Dane here:

Idiotic decision IMO. They base it on the fact that the pandemic is under control in Denmark. Why is the pandemic under control? Because of all the freaking restrictions.

I would take the AZ jab right now if I was given the chance (and it would allow me to live my life again).

Had 1-2% hope for Roskilde Festival left, but I've burried it completely now.

Edited by jonathansoegaard