When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

It isn’t but you can bet Johnson - or at least his advisors - will be having a casual glance at the opinion polls and seeing how reopening can carry on the bounce they’ve got from the vaccine rollout.

it probably will lead to a political gain, as a tory I think that their performance in 2021 has been really good however, I think 2020 was full of damage done by Johnson and co so I think the net political benefit to the tories is nill. 

Just now, StuMalinas said:

it probably will lead to a political gain, as a tory I think that their performance in 2021 has been really good however, I think 2020 was full of damage done by Johnson and co so I think the net political benefit to the tories is nill. 

people have short memories.

Plus, a lot more people will notice the end of lockdown than the amount of people affected by the virus health wise.

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Irish NPHET now calling for a lockdown even after covid stops being an issue, to ensure that the extra waiting lists can be caught up on.

Don’t these muppets have any shame? 

Depends if you are on that waiting list I guess ... I believe I posted something along these lines earlier speculating ... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

Mutant Virus Strain, Another pandemic happening... all unknowns at the moment

You realise a “mutant strain” might make the vaccine less effective at avoiding the sniffles (not less effective, not ineffective) but still protects against hospitalisation and death. 

6 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

I feel the damage will be done when a full public enquiry happens and people are reminded of the bad mistakes of 2020. 

Really getting confused with some of your comments and what you actually think. 

You were saying Bozo had been doing a brilliant job in September.

Which is it?

Just now, Copperface said:

Really getting confused with some of your comments and what you actually think. 

You were saying Bozo had been doing a brilliant job in September.

Which is it?

Ok Ill run down how I currently feel. 

2020 - Boris made lots of mistakes but I feel that he tried his hardest and I feel any leader in charge would have done the same so I feel he did the best job he could because there was so many unknown variables at play. 

2021- I feel he has learnt from said mistakes and wants to be cautious which is a good thing as it really drives the numbers down and I think the vaccine procurement process and getting them into arms has been brilliant. 

So I feel that ye there was big mistakes in 2020 which were not good and really made the situation worse but at the same time no one knew how bad this was really going to get. Remember them saying this will all be over by Summer 2020 and deaths won't be above 20,000. 

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They finally work out how to be cautious, just as the population changes its mind! 😄

Exactly 😀 Having got the timing wrong going into Lockdown every time and almost been led by the public, they’re now going to do the same coming out. It would be entirely typical.