When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

It’s 2020 though, we all know it will end with Trump being re-elected, as the final kick in the balls

Edit: followed by no deal brexit

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Agree about canny fund managers, but many pension funds are invested directly in the properties themselves, and cannot easily move out in thee event of a downturn.

If you look around Manchester a lot of the purpose built rental flats (private flats that will never be sold) a lot of these have pension companies backing them. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

You think they'll be 50,000.00 as a minimum dead from reopening Universities without a bubble?

I think it sounds like a big number. And so would *checks notes* 41,486 have sounded back in February. Given that "second wave is historically bigger than first wave" is a thing, I would be more rigorous before trying to fight hyperbole with hyperbole.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think it sounds like a big number. And so would *checks notes* 41,486 have sounded back in February. Given that "second wave is historically bigger than first wave" is a thing, I would be more rigorous before trying to fight hyperbole with hyperbole.

Hmmm.... its the 50k minimum which is pretty galling. The suggests university on its own without the extra mask wearing and social distancing measures would more than double the death rate 

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hmmm.... its the 50k minimum which is pretty galling. The suggests university on its own without the extra mask wearing and social distancing measures would more than double the death rate 

Yeah, it sounds bigger than I would have thought. But I've not built any epidemiological models to check. Have you?

Besides "without strong controls" hides a multitude of sins. If this spring has taught us nothing else, it should have taught us that just because things have been fine in the recent past, they will continue to be fine in the immediate future. It may well be a vast overestimate, but Utter nonsense.  What a hysterical over reaction? Pretend you know what the future holds at your peril. The start of the academic year is very well known for spreading viruses. It's not to be sniffed* at.

* Apologies for the pun. Let's just not underestimate that this could be an inflection point. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it sounds bigger than I would have thought. But I've not built any epidemiological models to check. Have you?

Besides "without strong controls" hides a multitude of sins. If this spring has taught us nothing else, it should have taught us that just because things have been fine in the recent past, they will continue to be fine in the immediate future. It may well be a vast overestimate, but Utter nonsense.  What a hysterical over reaction? Pretend you know what the future holds at your peril. The start of the academic year is very well known for spreading viruses. It's not to be sniffed* at.

* Apologies for the pun. Let's just not underestimate that this could be an inflection point. 

but where did this 50k come from? Just plucked out of somewhere. Not been peer reviewed. I mean...anyone can say anything. I think we're going to have 300 000000.000 deaths if schools go back next week.