When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Can it be classed as a “case” if you have to be tested to find out you’ve got it? 

this isn't if a tree fell in a forest type and nobody witnessed it , did it happen ? of course its a case because it might affect the next person you pass it to more severely ......  and as most of the cases are being tested based on symptoms yes it can !!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yes....but the numbers are still very screwed up so this is probably a catch up as yesterday only showed 33 cases in total.

Screenshot_20200830-180748_Chrome.jpg

Makes most sense doesn't it.

Just very annoying they don't report this when telling everyone the figure.

Would stop the hysteria!

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

this isn't if a tree fell in a forest type and nobody witnessed it , did it happen ? of course its a case because it might affect the next person you pass it to more severely ......  and as most of the cases are being tested based on symptoms yes it can !!

Proof of the last sentence? 

52 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Makes most sense doesn't it.

Just very annoying they don't report this when telling everyone the figure.

Would stop the hysteria!

How silly of us for getting more worried about rising cases of a deadly virus. It's very understandable that people would be feeling worried given how many people have died and how serious this virus is.

I would imagine that the actual reported cases for 29th August will increase over the next few days.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

How silly of us for getting more worried about rising cases of a deadly virus. It's very understandable that people would be feeling worried given how many people have died and how serious this virus is.

I would imagine that the actual reported cases for 29th August will increase over the next few days.

stop being hysterical

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

face coverings became compulsory for us this morning on all forms of public transport, there was 100% compliance on the way in and everyone kept their masks on after getting off the train as well.

I actually kept mine on during the walk to work and will wear it all the way on the journey home, instead of just on the train as i've been doing for the last few weeks.

It's definately easier to wear one more when more people are doing it, as a Westener it's not something that i'm used too and i have felt self conscious and i think this is an issue for other's as well. 

3 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

face coverings became compulsory for us this morning on all forms of public transport, there was 100% compliance on the way in and everyone kept their masks on after getting off the train as well.

I actually kept mine on during the walk to work and will wear it all the way on the journey home, instead of just on the train as i've been doing for the last few weeks.

It's definately easier to wear one more when more people are doing it, as a Westener it's not something that i'm used too and i have felt self conscious and i think this is an issue for other's as well. 

Where are you ? I keep mine on at work all shift apart from my break ... the faffing about doesn’t help and will presumably reduce the effectiveness by contaminating other things around you /it when removed 

58 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Rising cases of infections are a big worry if there are also rising cases of hospitalisations, patients on ventilators and deaths.

We aren't seeing this at the moment.

I'm literally asking for this all to be viewed in context, to look at the bigger picture if you will.

This also relates to the reporting of infections if the previous day has seen a ridiculously low volume. More than likely the "mistake" has then been covered by putting any missed out on to todays total.

Edited by JoeyT

Ive took my holiday to Spain, Ryan air flight 40% full, spain rules are wear mask everywhere unless sat down to eat and drink, so everyone masked up constantly. Lots of social distancing and cleaning happening. Spending most of the time in the villa but had a meal out, sat outside took masks off to eat came home. 

all feels a lot safer than the UK, think I saw one person without a mask in the entire week.

16 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Ive took my holiday to Spain, Ryan air flight 40% full, spain rules are wear mask everywhere unless sat down to eat and drink, so everyone masked up constantly. Lots of social distancing and cleaning happening. Spending most of the time in the villa but had a meal out, sat outside took masks off to eat came home. 

all feels a lot safer than the UK, think I saw one person without a mask in the entire week.

Masks aren’t a silver bullet, despite the fact they’re worn more widely in Spain than the UK, Spain has much more community transmission than here. They’re certainly helpful to reduce viral load and I support their usage but they aren’t a silver bullet 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Probably would be bad, but in long term maybe best way to "level up"

Exactly but our Gov not really interested in that actually happening (despite their noises)...

On a separate note I went to a local shopping/retail park at Denton crown point and it was really busy early Thursday afternoon, so local stuff doing okay

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-first-10-000-fines-issued-to-eight-people-over-illegal-gatherings-12059943

Mr Corbyn was one of at least 11 people fined £10,000 this weekend for allegedly organising illegal gatherings.

The fines are the first to be handed out since new rules came into force in England on Friday ahead of the bank holiday weekend.

Two organisers of an illegal rave attended by around 3,000 people in the village of Banwen were given fixed penalty notices for £10,000, South Wales Police said.

West Yorkshire Police said it had issued the penalties to eight people after officers attended several parties on Saturday evening and into the early hours of Sunday morning.

Four people were each fined £10,000 for their roles in organising a party in Headingley, while a man was fined £10,000 over another house party in the Leeds suburb.

Officers also broke up a party in Burley, with two DJs at the event each fined £10,000 and their equipment seized.

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What's the battleground states? A few people are including texas and Georgia as battle ground states. Which is ridiculous, because if biden is ahead in those states...

Also  if biden is consistently over 50%, nationally... thats pretty good 

Edited by zahidf

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

What's the battleground states? A few people are including texas and Georgia as battle ground states. Which is ridiculous, because if biden is ahead in those states...

Also  if biden is consistently over 50%, nationally... thats pretty good 

That tweet clearly says which states it is referring to, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida and Arizona.

10 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

I saw one schoolgirl with no mask out of say... 50 total passengers today (on 4 single decker buses limited to 19 passengers max).

Edited by John the Moth
Context