Thanks to the forum and a bit of humble pie

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh i see! You mean get a place and then drop off early on if you get a ticket? I did think it was a bit odd! Apologies, I blame multi-tasking 

I assume that must happen loads, yes. Our very own @Ozanne got a space with Oxfam last year last minute, which I assume came about because some people dropped out, and I remember it seemed that a fair few places were available

Yep! I managed to get a space through Oxfam 3 weeks before the festival this year, some very kind people off here were keeping an eye out and messaged me!

without sounding too weird does anybody know of any ways to contact Emily /Michael that might get through to them ?  im looking to try and explore some hat opportunities that have been suggested ... maybe some kind of work role promoting the love the farm leave no trace ... just mulling over a few ideas 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

without sounding too weird does anybody know of any ways to contact Emily /Michael that might get through to them ?  im looking to try and explore some hat opportunities that have been suggested ... maybe some kind of work role promoting the love the farm leave no trace ... just mulling over a few ideas 

Write them a letter? 

Seriously, it's so unusual to write letters these days that it might work.

I expect you know the address ?

4 hours ago, Benja100 said:

That is what I was referring to - get a place as a volunteer and if all else fails, do the volunteering - you get to be there, get some free time, meet a load of new people, see the fest from a different perspective, do some good in the world

Also aggressively try other routes to get a ticket and if they work, cancel the volunteering - they won't mind as volunteer spots come up right up to the festival as people's plans change

I would never advocate coming as a volunteer and then pieing the charity off

If it wasn't for people cancelling their volunteer places last minute, then people like me and @Ozanne wouldn't have got to go this year, so I say go for it!

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, crazyfool1 said:

...and @flyleen for your help on Tday good luck with the band entry method.

Really thought we'd get tickets sorted for all of us...especially with such a seasoned group of Glasto ticket buyers. I've helped people from this forum in the last few years get tickets and I'm hoping Karma is on my side this year. Going to get there somehow. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, crazyfool1 said:

How about trying through someone who lives in the village and might be on friendly terms with them? Or An old fashioned letter with a portfolio of ideas  , photos etc wouldn’t be a bad idea.  

10 minutes ago, flyleen said:

Really thought we'd get tickets sorted for all of us...especially with such a seasoned group of Glasto ticket buyers. I've helped people from this forum in the last few years get tickets and I'm hoping Karma is on my side this year. Going to get there somehow. 

Think I was more shocked than you ... looks like we got blocked after the submitting details page ... would go no further 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

How about trying through someone who lives in the village and might be on friendly terms with them? Or An old fashioned letter with a portfolio of ideas  , photos etc wouldn’t be a bad idea.  

its in the pipeline / post see resale page along  with a twitter campaign just launched .... anyone on twitter please  follow and retweet crazyfool1 thankyou 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its in the pipeline / post see resale page along  with a twitter campaign just launched .... anyone on twitter please  follow and retweet crazyfool1 thankyou 

Actioned!

You're going to make it happen one way or another, I've always felt anyone who perseveres and is single-minded enough will always get to Glastonbury one way or another.

Good Luck!

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Actioned!

You're going to make it happen one way or another, I've always felt anyone who perseveres and is single-minded enough will always get to Glastonbury one way or another.

Good Luck!

just seen it thanks ... and I do remember your face now :) ... id love to do it and free the resale up to help others .... and subtly im waiting my efest t-shirt ... so hopefully a double whammy