Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

3 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I went last year for the first time and really enjoyed. It does seem to have its own "micro climate"  as its surrounded by hills so come prepared

Yeah - have heard this! Assume by micro climate we're not really talking about an excess of sunblock needed are we?!?

Edited by semmtexx

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

I have seen a number of posts in faceache say they have got oxfam places in the last few days , I was wondering if some of my lovely resale family have been lucky?

thats the ones that have done some festivals before ... dont think that applies to very many of us on here?  ..... the other application goes live on Tue and hopefully will see some on here sorted ....ive a group chat set up if anyone on this thread needs a heads up when it goes live ... pm me your numbers ? hopefully that will help some out :) 

Did I read right that there were "tens of thousands" of people applying for a volunteering space with Oxfam? Yikes :( I didn't try as don't want to work it, but if there's that many that are prepared to it makes you wonder what the numbers will be for those that aren't...

What numbers are we actually expecting based on previous resales? Do they ever reveal them? (Not counting the speculated 7,000!)

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did I read right that there were "tens of thousands" of people applying for a volunteering space with Oxfam? Yikes :( I didn't try as don't want to work it, but if there's that many that are prepared to it makes you wonder what the numbers will be for those that aren't...

What numbers are we actually expecting based on previous resales? Do they ever reveal them? (Not counting the speculated 7,000!)

Yep, that's what was said. But I wouldn't try to overanalyse it any more than it's much more demand than usual.

Just like with the Glastonbury main ticket sale claims of "2 million trying", which obviously doesn't mean they'd be able to shift 2 million tickets, it's difficult to know how literally to take it as it's near impossible to quantify website traffic into actual demand especially with only the limited publicly released data.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Yep, that's what was said. But I wouldn't try to overanalyse it any more than it's much more demand than usual.

Just like with the Glastonbury main ticket sale claims of "2 million trying", which obviously doesn't mean they'd be able to shift 2 million tickets, it's difficult to know how literally to take it as it's near impossible to quantify website traffic into actual demand especially with only the limited publicly released data.

Also the speed they disappeared was down to the website working much better than previously I believe :) 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Have we ever got a numbers estimate for the resale? Haven't tried it since 2014 so a bit out of the loop. Appreciate all the caveats about reliability, just wondering...

Actually that's a lie - I tried it and was successful last year but it was for a mate as I already had a ticket so wasn't really keeping up with it all.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

@SecretFish being the main one that posts on this thread .... I think 7 or 8 from the watts app group of 40ish from efests 

Seems like I was very lucky. I do feel a bit of guilt to be honest. I'll still be posting on here and helping at every step.

I look forward to a drink with you all!!

Just now, SecretFish said:

Seems like I was very lucky. I do feel a bit of guilt to be honest. I'll still be posting on here and helping at every step.

I look forward to a drink with you all!!

dont feel an ounce of guilt .... thats what this thread is for .... Success storys are what we live for :) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont feel an ounce of guilt .... thats what this thread is for .... Success storys are what we live for :) 

ah good, i'm actually really excited to volunteer. The timing of the @GlastoCast volunteering podcast was excellent! 

11 hours ago, Big durbs said:

That’s awesome news , I’m soooo glad you have found a way through the hallowed green gates , as @crazyfool1 said , it’s what this group is all about , I here oxfam is a great way to work your ticket ( and hot showers as well , close car park , it’s a win win ) 

thank you!   I hadn't considered the hot showers and close car park. I wish I hadn't sold my van now!! time to tent shop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

ah good, i'm actually really excited to volunteer. The timing of the @GlastoCast volunteering podcast was excellent! 

thank you!   I hadn't considered the hot showers and close car park. I wish I hadn't sold my van now!! time to tent shop

Glad to be of service! And very excited you got a place! You'll have the best time. See you in the Oxfam field in 2021 ;) (Jessi)

1 minute ago, SecretFish said:

I hadn't considered the hot showers and close car park.

they were the main reason I chose to try oxfam ..... Back issues being a problem.... im trying to work out the logistics trying in the bus sale too now having dismissed it .... so somehow ive got to get there and collect my car at some point ... either from nearby or home ...with it loaded up already .... yes im aware it doesnt help the green impacts of the festival ... hopefully someone will come up with some genius advice :) 

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they were the main reason I chose to try oxfam ..... Back issues being a problem.... im trying to work out the logistics trying in the bus sale too now having dismissed it .... so somehow ive got to get there and collect my car at some point ... either from nearby or home ...with it loaded up already .... yes im aware it doesnt help the green impacts of the festival ... hopefully someone will come up with some genius advice :) 

You could park it in glastonbury town the night before and use the shuttle bus to go back for it. Guessing that someone from here with a regular ticket will order you a car parking sticker or I’m nearly sure they sell them on the gate, even though I’ve never seen anyone selling them. 

Charm x

Just now, Charm said:

You could park it in glastonbury town the night before and use the shuttle bus to go back for it. Guessing that someone from here with a regular ticket will order you a car parking sticker or I’m nearly sure they sell them on the gate, even though I’ve never seen anyone selling them. 

Charm x

Yep that’s definately one of the considerations .... Think they were an extra £10 or so ... :)  hope you are keeping the spirits up charm ... :)