Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

5 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

To be fair, talkers weren't really a problem in Supergrass - the problem was with Wolf Alice.  If you pay £40 to see a band and don't want to be invested in their performance, that's absolutely fine by me, just try not to be TOO much of a dickhead to the people who do want to see the band.

Btw, Maisie apparently said to Darren that if he doesn't stop taking so much coke, she'll be making him piss in a cup in front of her 4 times a week. Very specific.

In that case, it's Darren's fault.

5 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

To be fair, talkers weren't really a problem in Supergrass - the problem was with Wolf Alice.  If you pay £40 to see a band and don't want to be invested in their performance, that's absolutely fine by me, just try not to be TOO much of a dickhead to the people who do want to see the band.

Btw, Maisie apparently said to Darren that if he doesn't stop taking so much coke, she'll be making him piss in a cup in front of her 4 times a week. Very specific.

Some strange folk would pay good money for that!  ?

3 hours ago, RossTC said:

Absolutely agree with this, WA were the wrong band to headline which is why my crowd didn't bother this year.

I think a lot of people were the same. My group will go regardless of the band as we ALWAYS have a great time regardless. For us it's just another chance to get together, although we could probably do that for £30 less

On 9/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, maelzoid said:

I go to plenty of gigs, and most people are not like this at most gigs or even festivals. I think putting the blame on the band for not grabbing the audience's attention excuses the selfish impoliteness of those who disregard the enjoyment of those around them to talk shite. Loudly.

Yeah fair enough. Though I'll maintain a band can wake them up out of their internet stupor.

23 hours ago, Barney McGrew said:

I suspect most people paid £30 to go to a party, Wolf Alice are not a party band as evidenced by the poor ticket sales for an event that usually sells out sharpish, they were a lull between the upbeat Supegrass set and the DJ at the end.

We go most years, see the same friends and always have a great time; the music is, to a large extent, secondary... the primary mission is to party!

Yes, this makes complete sense to me now.  I hadn't been before so wasn't really aware that this was the vibe.