Anybody else a fan of the wine bar?

bombfrog

The one with the big green inflatable wine bottle between other stage and Silver Hayes.

Aside from playing some good tunes and being a good central meeting place the appeal is that they sell high alcohol content beverages in resealable plastic bottles.

This means that instead of buying weak lager/cider in paper cups, having to piss every 5 minutes and having to keep going back to the bar and losing your friends, you could buy 2 of them as the sun went down, stick one in a pocket and work your way through them without having to leave the crowd more than one or possibly twice if you have a weak bladder. You can also dance with it in hand with the top secrewed on.

It's been my evening drink of choice for over 10 years, but with the plastic bottle van coming into force what are they going to do? Serve the wine in cups? Refill your own bottles for you? I'm totally being the single use plastics ban but I've only just considered how this is going to affect my favourite drinks trader ?

Big fan of this place too.

Don't think the wine was particularly that great but after a day on the lager/cider it's a welcome change and defo saves loads of trips to the WC.

Only way I can see them getting round the plastic bottle ban is if they charge an extra couple of quid as deposit that you get back when you return the bottle for them to then refill.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I meant being in empty plastic bottles and fill them at the bar.

Oh yeah, well I guess they might allow that but I assume they won't be there unless they have a better plan to serve their wine from the pumps without expecting everybody to bring their own bottles. I guess if their plan is just to serve it in cups then decanting into your own bottle will have to suffice.

Edited by bombfrog

2 hours ago, bombfrog said:

The one with the big green inflatable wine bottle between other stage and Silver Hayes.

Aside from playing some good tunes and being a good central meeting place the appeal is that they sell high alcohol content beverages in resealable plastic bottles.

This means that instead of buying weak lager/cider in paper cups, having to piss every 5 minutes and having to keep going back to the bar and losing your friends, you could buy 2 of them as the sun went down, stick one in a pocket and work your way through them without having to leave the crowd more than one or possibly twice if you have a weak bladder. You can also dance with it in hand with the top secrewed on.

It's been my evening drink of choice for over 10 years, but with the plastic bottle van coming into force what are they going to do? Serve the wine in cups? Refill your own bottles for you? I'm totally being the single use plastics ban but I've only just considered how this is going to affect my favourite drinks trader ?

Hmm... It's just dawned on me that the organic wine bar won't be serving in plastic bottles too ? Their tayberry wine is awesome and my drink of choice of a night for much the same reasons as you 

Scrap that... just found on Facebook they are not there at all this year as It was getting way too expensive for them to afford. Gutted ? we visit at least daily every festival for wine, mead and hot rum punch 

Edited by Digi

7 minutes ago, Digi said:

Hmm... It's just dawned on me that the organic wine bar won't be serving in plastic bottles too ? Their tayberry wine is awesome and my drink of choice of a night for much the same reasons as you 

They're definitely not there this year. ☹️

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

They're definitely not there this year. ☹️

I'm honestly gutted. Found it during my first Glastonbury and have been back every year since. Have great memories of me and my son in there getting tipsy on tayberry whilst trying to write postcards from the place opposite. It's a yearly tradition