Football 19/20

thetime

8 hours ago, doosrawin said:

the only 'evidence' is these leaked emails, which look uncertain at best.

they make 100% clear that City execs know that Ehihad isn't the body that's funding the Etihad deal, and that instead the funding is coming from the owner.

There's fuck all that's uncertain about that, whether or not the whole circumstances are inside or outside of the FFP rules.

8 hours ago, doosrawin said:

City get what, 40-50m a year from Etihad, is that really an outrageous sponsorship deal? Etihad struggled to pay the sponsorship in 2014 and got state funding to help (not unusual, look at flybe recently).. state funding by the way, not funded from city's owner. Tbh 40-50m is a bargain to sponsor the shirt/stadium of a top club

£66m a year. Any reason why you're downplaying the amount by such a lot? To make it look comparable with other deals, perhaps?

Flybe got a loan, not a gift. Not the same.

Ehihad have stated they're funding it themselves. Turns out they're liars.

"The state" is Mansour's own personal piggie bank, and the FFP rule disallows excessive gift funding from "related interests" to the owner as well as the owner.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I watched the match last night, and I didn't know UEFA havre also given city a stadium ban.

Fuck off Neil with that shit. I went to the match last night, whens the last time you went to a football match? You're another plastic Scouser. I am actually in Liverpool tonight, I will take some pictures to show you what it looks like.

I will counter you other points which you are clearly wrong on tomorrow as I am busy today.

10 hours ago, Dan R said:

I think FSG have done a great job as owners of liverpool (great on the pitch, new main stand, new training facilities), but theres been plenty of reasons to be critical of them and it's fair to criticise them for that. They ticket price walk out was the main thing that's comes to mind.

For the sake of argument, say City are found to have mishandled finances and get a ban from Europe, surely that's worthy, thats surely worthy of scrutiny from fans? Or does all the success give them a pass?

Dan I will give you a proper reoly tomorrow.  Am out all day and night now unfortunately.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I watched the match last night, and I didn't know UEFA havre also given city a stadium ban.

😄

Watched this last night. Really great. What a slick player. Would've been suited to modern footie looking at some of his old goals. Slick, clinical stuff. Great documentary. Essential viewing.

bt-sport-films-136442497831936601-200114

Also watched the Atalanta game. Great team to watch. Attacking, score a lot and concede a lot. 

11 hours ago, Dan R said:

I think FSG have done a great job as owners of liverpool (great on the pitch, new main stand, new training facilities), but theres been plenty of reasons to be critical of them and it's fair to criticise them for that. They ticket price walk out was the main thing that's comes to mind.

For the sake of argument, say City are found to have mishandled finances and get a ban from Europe, surely that's worthy, thats surely worthy of scrutiny from fans? Or does all the success give them a pass?

How has it seemingly passed people by that the Liverpool owners* effectively waged a war against local residents, drove down house prices, and forced them out of their homes? 
*Started by previous owners but continued by the current owners 

10 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

How has it seemingly passed people by that the Liverpool owners* effectively waged a war against local residents, drove down house prices, and forced them out of their homes? 
*Started by previous owners but continued by the current owners 

from what I can remember of what i read those people were dead keen to go, and the fuss was mostly about the time it took to actually pay up so they could go.

Not that I'm trying to claim most clubs are only nice. They're all huge financial enterprises, and I'm sure they all use that muscle. 

Spurs had a few streets cleared for their new ground, for example. And WHU are sucking it up big on taxpayers money.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from what I can remember of what i read those people were dead keen to go, and the fuss was mostly about the time it took to actually pay up so they could go.

That’s not what I remember Woody’s mates reporting.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not that I'm trying to claim most clubs are only nice. They're all huge financial enterprises, and I'm sure they all use that muscle. 

Spurs had a few streets cleared for their new ground, for example. And WHU are sucking it up big on taxpayers money.

Other clubs owners are bad so Liverpool’s get a free pass? 

15 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Other clubs owners are bad so Liverpool’s get a free pass? 

not at all. I'm pointing out that similar happens all the time and most of it gets a free pass.

I can't remember Spurs getting houses knocked down being mentioned here, for example (I can remember WHU being run by tory-supporting blood-sucking w*nkers being talked about, tho).

I'm sure many big clubs are taking the piss towards FFP too. The difference with City? They got caught out.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not at all. I'm pointing out that similar happens all the time and most of it gets a free pass.

I can't remember Spurs getting houses knocked down being mentioned here, for example (I can remember WHU being run by tory-supporting blood-sucking w*nkers being talked about, tho).

I'm sure many big clubs are taking the piss towards FFP too. The difference with City? They got caught out.

PSG in trouble now as well

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Funny your memory escapes you for some clubs but other clubs you remember but your memory is wrong.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

This is where your memory is wrong. 

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

This is you waffling. Ironic. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

we all know that FIFA and UEFA execs are corrupt, but that doesn't mean that the non-UEFA execs - and people with high reputations - who sat in judgement on City are corrupt as City are alleging.

Oh yeah. Its clear looking at it that city are guilty. You can say that the rules are unfair or that the punishment is too harsh, but city and their fans seem to be going down the trumpian FAKE NEWS and CONSPIRACY road

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Oh yeah. Its clear looking at it that city are guilty. You can say that the rules are unfair or that the punishment is too harsh, but city and their fans seem to be going down the trumpian FAKE NEWS and CONSPIRACY road

Yes it’s clear City are guilty from reading 140 characters