The Festival Run 2019

deebeedoobee

16 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Would love to give it a go, but i can't bring myself to join in to the run that happens during the festival and doubt i'd be in any state to; and a 4 hour drive to Somerset just for a 10k also seems a bit far for me. Maybe one day

Please email thefestivalrun@gmail.com for info on this.

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

The run is held in October. The 20th to be exact.

Yes, im saying not fancying the long journey for a something like a 10k and the one time a year im down that way (during the festival) im slightly preoccupied to be running lol

2 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Yes, im saying not fancying the long journey for a something like a 10k and the one time a year im down that way (during the festival) im slightly preoccupied to be running lol

Ah I see, I thought you meant our run was in June- that way madness lies ?

17 hours ago, Wurzelcat said:

Just entered this yesterday, does anyone know the route? Not looking forward to the hills, the traipse up to the stone circle is hard enough just walking

now that I am home from what ppasses for employment, I have found the maps from the last run. 2019 will be about the same, allowing for livestock and general farmy bits. 

900113703_FestivalMap10k2016.thumb.JPG.7fb0b7f02b6c78d464d91ecdc1b4321f.JPG

1636063806_FestivalMap5k2016.thumb.JPG.22999642c53e794ea9aaeac0dbb06822.JPG

345290514_FestivalMap2k2016.JPG.eb50ce63652383bf61ab0616b9982f44.JPG

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, gmb1992 said:

Aw I didn't know this was a thing! It's probably a bit far for me to travel but I might try i our one year.

Good Luck to all of those who are going to do it! 

Like our Facebook page or twitter -  “ the festival run” - for updates or keep an eye out for posts on the thread here on eFestivals. We are full this year. We have 750 runners. We are only allowed to do this event every other year, so 2021 will be your next chance. Plenty of time to get some training in.

If anyone would like a morning on Worthy Farm and get a nice warm fuzzy feeling of helping some charities then we are looking for volunteers to help on the day of the run. It would be approximately from 9am to 1. If you can help please email us at:

thefestivalrun@gmail.com

we’d love to see you on the farm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, deebeedoobee said:

If anyone would like a morning on Worthy Farm and get a nice warm fuzzy feeling of helping some charities then we are looking for volunteers to help on the day of the run. It would be approximately from 9am to 1. If you can help please email us at:

thefestivalrun@gmail.com

we’d love to see you on the farm.

looking forward to it! ?

Edited by Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Right then. Are we all going to be racing around the course, or can we take it a bit steady?! I reckon my 10k will take at least 1.5hrs. Also I'm really hoping my gammy knee holds up! 

Me and Pilton Digger will be there at the start, and finish to cheer you in. Some people walk/run and take photos at tbe landmarks si its not all racing snakes that enter. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

First thing would be that the participants would need festival tickets 

Put the start and finish at entry and exit points and use light fencing (easily removed after the run and stewards round the route points and they wouldn't. I mean I'm being semi serious: it would be an expensive logistical nightmare to actually do this I get that. 

41 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Put the start and finish at entry and exit points and use light fencing (easily removed after the run and stewards round the route points and they wouldn't. I mean I'm being semi serious: it would be an expensive logistical nightmare to actually do this I get that. 

If you wanna organise it , fill yer boots mate. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Really looking forward to volunteering its a bit like a glastonbury reunion and efestivals meet rolled into one as a bonus on top of the money being made by the dedicated runners and walkers and organisers!  

Looking forward to seeing you all. And yep we love that we can raise some cash for the charities. They need it.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Me and Pilton Digger will be there at the start, and finish to cheer you in. Some people walk/run and take photos at tbe landmarks si its not all racing snakes that enter. 

This is sooo good to hear! I might even take two hours to do it! 

On 9/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Look forward to meeting you. There will be cake and Michael giving out trophies and @lucyginger .  What's not to like.

Looking forward to meeting everyone too :) And obvs seeing the Pilton Posse again! 

• Like 1