The Festival Run 2019

deebeedoobee

7 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Considering entering this but the sound of these hills is putting me off haha, out of interest what were the winners times last year?

I believe they were:

10km men’s = 37:40

10km women’s =43:04

5km men’s = 17:51

5km women’s = 24:02

2km boys = 7:16

2km girls = 8:16

32 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Just signed up for the 10k! This might kill me.... either that or I'll still be going round at teatime. 

It isn't actually that bad, the hills are more undulating than killer...and theres some great descents... down through the woods in particular :)

15 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

It isn't actually that bad, the hills are more undulating than killer...and theres some great descents... down through the woods in particular :)

Ah ok, thanks! I only started running properly (well, not that properly, but you know) in February so thought this would be a good thing to aim towards :) 

58 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Just signed up for the 10k! This might kill me.... either that or I'll still be going round at teatime. 

Yay..Pilton Digger and I will still be at the finish for you when you come in (we may have packed up but...) No seriously you'll be fine. We had some people walk it last year so any run time is good. And EVERYONE  gets a medal ? 

Micheal Eavis starts it and then gives out the medals at the end.  

There is tea and cakes, and this year some other food outlets for hungry runners.

33 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yay..Pilton Digger and I will still be at the finish for you when you come in (we may have packed up but...) No seriously you'll be fine. We had some people walk it last year so any run time is good. And EVERYONE  gets a medal ? 

Micheal Eavis starts it and then gives out the medals at the end.  

There is tea and cakes, and this year some other food outlets for hungry runners.

Oh that's good to know! All of that! especially the bit about people walking it :)

CAKES!!! WOOOOO! 

I'm looking forward to it now! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. We have just 36 places left, some of them are 2km. We expect to sell out within the week.

can I say to all who have entered, thank you so much! We are blown away by the support we have received. We never imagined selling out so quickly. We are so chuffed our charities will be receiving a lovely gift come October.

I hope you have a great day. see you at the start / finish line!

14 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just a quick update. We have just 36 places left, some of them are 2km. We expect to sell out within the week.

can I say to all who have entered, thank you so much! We are blown away by the support we have received. We never imagined selling out so quickly. We are so chuffed our charities will be receiving a lovely gift come October.

Wow thats amazing, well done. I'd be there with bells on (probably literally with bells on) but I'll be on my holibobs, well done and good luck to everyone thats entered.  On my bucket list for the 10K in 2020 :-)

Great news! Hope it goes brilliantly. I have run it before  - the 10K - and my son did the 2k and still proudly wears his hoodie. I really wanted to run it again, but I have long-term injury now, and I have had to very reluctantly stop running and start doing other exercise. 

6 hours ago, Wurzelcat said:

Just entered this yesterday, does anyone know the route? Not looking forward to the hills, the traipse up to the stone circle is hard enough just walking

The route is the same as last year ( near as damn it). We should have the map up on our website near to the event once we have confirmed it. Although this is subject to change on the day if Michael has his cows or sheep in particular fields. But basically you will start at red barn, around the pyramid, up and around the top of the stone circle field, past the dragon , finishing by running up muddy lane to red barn.

23 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sorry to be an absolute pain, is there any way my and my cousin can upgrade from 5k to 10k. Cheers  

Would love to give it a go, but i can't bring myself to join in to the run that happens during the festival and doubt i'd be in any state to; and a 4 hour drive to Somerset just for a 10k also seems a bit far for me. Maybe one day

15 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Would love to give it a go, but i can't bring myself to join in to the run that happens during the festival and doubt i'd be in any state to; and a 4 hour drive to Somerset just for a 10k also seems a bit far for me. Maybe one day

The run is held in October. The 20th to be exact.