Small essentials, just bought a new.....

BL1ND T1G3R

2 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

.....Spork, tent pegs, travel pillow and water carrier.  

Its getting closer folks ! 

What small essentials are you all buying? 

That's just reminded me....I need more tent pegs. And a smaller mallet to get them in to the rock hard ground.

Just ordered a metal 750ml bottle for mixing my rum & coke now plastic is out.  Plus a bunch of carabiners to attach the Glasto water bottle to me, got a load as spares for mates and any other randomers I bump into who could use one!

Can't remember which thread it was in and can't find it using the search function, but for those interested in those chillys bottles.. mountain warehouse have their own version which at the store near me were down from 25 sheets each to 12 sheets each, then further reduced by 20% and then they are now also buy one get one free. So about a fiver each for the two we bought yesterday.

37 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Can't remember which thread it was in and can't find it using the search function, but for those interested in those chillys bottles.. mountain warehouse have their own version which at the store near me were down from 25 sheets each to 12 sheets each, then further reduced by 20% and then they are now also buy one get one free. So about a fiver each for the two we bought yesterday.

Is that the double walled bottles?  Online they're reduced from £25 to £7.99 or £6.49 depending on design with an extra 25% off til midnight.  So I think that works out about a fiver as you said.  What are they like - do they keep water colder or what?  And it doesn't look like you can attach a carabiner can you?  I'll probably still end up buying one though!

27 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

What are they like - do they keep water colder or what?  And it doesn't look like you can attach a carabiner can you?  I'll probably still end up buying one though!

I have a several Chillys bottles, and the are excellent at keeping drinks ice cold no matter how hot the weather. They also sell a carabiner for £3 that fits on the bottle neck. https://www.chillysbottles.com/product/Accessory/260ml-&-500ml/29567516691/  :) 

Edited by StoneCircle

47 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Is that the double walled bottles?  Online they're reduced from £25 to £7.99 or £6.49 depending on design with an extra 25% off til midnight.  So I think that works out about a fiver as you said.  What are they like - do they keep water colder or what?  And it doesn't look like you can attach a carabiner can you?  I'll probably still end up buying one though!

I took them on a 4 hour walk yesterday and it kept water v cool, but it's only 4 hours so you'd expect that anyway. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, gratefulbread said:

I took them on a 4 hour walk yesterday and it kept water v cool, but it's only 4 hours so you'd expect that anyway. Time will tell. 

I can confirm. I took mine to the Philippines when island hopping as they have banned all plastic. I filled mine up 8am with water that was very cold and by 9am the following day it was still cold despite being out and about on a boat in 30 degrees!

5 minutes ago, ledwards said:

I can confirm. I took mine to the Philippines when island hopping as they have banned all plastic. I filled mine up 8am with water that was very cold and by 9am the following day it was still cold despite being out and about on a boat in 30 degrees!

I can confirm the confirmation ... 

3 hours ago, Northtim said:

Just ordered a metal 750ml bottle for mixing my rum & coke now plastic is out.  Plus a bunch of carabiners to attach the Glasto water bottle to me, got a load as spares for mates and any other randomers I bump into who could use one!

Cause it's the first time being reminded at plastic bottles.  I haven't been paying attention. Are plastic bottles banned? Like banned like glass? 

3 hours ago, Northtim said:

Just ordered a metal 750ml bottle for mixing my rum & coke now plastic is out.  

They're still letting people take plastic in though, right? Just not able to buy it on site...? 

Otherwise I am going to have to buy a lot of these chilly things!

1 hour ago, elbongo said:

Cause it's the first time being reminded at plastic bottles.  I haven't been paying attention. Are plastic bottles banned? Like banned like glass? 

no just you won't get them from vendors on site .... but if you can avoid their use even better :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

no just you won't get them from vendors on site .... but if you can avoid their use even better :) 

The only thing I use the for is spirits - I'm not sure how I'd get them in otherwise? Usually have a good few litres each. 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

The only thing I use the for is spirits - I'm not sure how I'd get them in otherwise? Usually have a good few litres each. 

same ... although I now have several different reusable ones ..... although as they will only get reused at Glastonbury time it will kind of defeat the object ... I can  only use one for everyday use :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

same ... although I now have several different reusable ones ..... although as they will only get reused at Glastonbury time it will kind of defeat the object ... I can  only use one for everyday use :) 

I've got reusable bottles but not litre ones - we normally decant a litre into a  bottles, then mix on site. I could just pick up a few bigger reusable bottles maybe? 

19 minutes ago, Jarr said:

£25??!!

The carabiner is £3 - bottles are £20 for plain ones and £25 for patterned, you missed out on the half price sale in April! 

Edited by StoneCircle