Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RarerThanDandyB

TRNSMT Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

Post Malone / Giggs / Dua Lipa 

Red Hot Chilli Peppers / Royal Blood / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Blossoms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

It was on 2-for-1 and didn’t sell out. Kendrick might have sold less (also worth bearing in mind his show was on a Wednesday rather than Saturday) but it shows that they’re not really paying attention to past bookings and success.

Kendrick had also played the Hydro 5 months before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Florence deciding to do the couple of nights in Edinburgh ahead of TRNSMT. And the subs weren't as such as in the pipeline or anything, but just names I'd heard talked about as Cardi B and Chance the Rapper, both naturally before Stormzy. 

Doubt either of those were seriously investigated, Gerry appears to be an obvious hedge against Stormzy not selling - which is a risk Glastonbury doesn't need to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being nasty here but you guys need to lower your expectations, it maybe still the biggest festival in Scotland but in terms of size now it falls into medium sized, so with that if you look at this years line up it ain’t so bad it’s just not to the Taste of the old T faithful ,but T has gone and it’s now trnsmt that’s booked George Ezra , Jess Glynne Gerry , Stormzy and Catfish ,5 of the most current requested artists around at the moment. You will always get 1 biggie that’s doing Glastonbury or IOW that will use it as a Scottish exclusive TV rights and so on but you need to lower your expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Florence deciding to do the couple of nights in Edinburgh ahead of TRNSMT. And the subs weren't as such as in the pipeline or anything, but just names I'd heard talked about as Cardi B and Chance the Rapper, both naturally before Stormzy. 

Doubt either of those were seriously investigated, Gerry appears to be an obvious hedge against Stormzy not selling - which is a risk Glastonbury doesn't need to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Not being nasty here but you guys need to lower your expectations, it maybe still the biggest festival in Scotland but in terms of size now it falls into medium sized, so with that if you look at this years line up it ain’t so bad it’s just not to the Taste of the old T faithful ,but T has gone and it’s now trnsmt that’s booked George Ezra , Jess Glynne Gerry , Stormzy and Catfish ,5 of the most current requested artists around at the moment. You will always get 1 biggie that’s doing Glastonbury or IOW that will use it as a Scottish exclusive TV rights and so on but you need to lower your expectations. 

Fair enough, but you like Margret Thatcher, so i'm gonna have to disagree with you.

 

On a serious note, last year we got queen, the killers and the arctic monkeys. One bad year doesn't kill a festival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Fair enough, but you like Margret Thatcher, so i'm gonna have to disagree with you.

 

On a serious note, last year we got queen, the killers and the arctic monkeys. One bad year doesn't kill a festival. 

But Queen didn’t sell out even when you could get tickets with 50% off , which proves Queen were a wrong booking .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Not being nasty here but you guys need to lower your expectations, it maybe still the biggest festival in Scotland but in terms of size now it falls into medium sized, so with that if you look at this years line up it ain’t so bad it’s just not to the Taste of the old T faithful ,but T has gone and it’s now trnsmt that’s booked George Ezra , Jess Glynne Gerry , Stormzy and Catfish ,5 of the most current requested artists around at the moment. You will always get 1 biggie that’s doing Glastonbury or IOW that will use it as a Scottish exclusive TV rights and so on but you need to lower your expectations. 

Would disagree, Summer sessions is a smaller festival than trnsmt and they’ve got Foo Fighters/Cure/Florence/Madness/James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Would disagree, Summer sessions is a smaller festival than trnsmt and they’ve got Foo Fighters/Cure/Florence/Madness/James.

Florence got 2 nights though , foo’s I hear ya but madness and James are very medium size fests , infact james are dreadful these days my opinion on them is play your hits which they never really do . 

Maybe trnsmt audience target is a bit like Parklife they want the younger guys finishing their education for the summer wanting to party then trying to satisfy the old T crowd later on in August when the old crew have had their week In salou and the kids are back at school . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muse / Twin Atlantic

Biffy Clyro / Wolf Alice

Ed Sheeran / Kaiser Chiefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muse, Biffy Clyro & The 1975 are my guesses at the minute. 
 

Maybe take a punt that Wolf Alice, Editors & Tame Impala will show up (WA & TI as subs, probably)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure next year they'll be back to more conventional 'bigger' headliners. It's not always up to them who is available. They've got Foo fighters, Florence & 1975 all playing here in august not like theyve suddenly decided it's gonna be geroge ezra etc from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is like Groundhog Day from a year ago about this year :)

DF are more interested in summer sessions for proper bands and trnsmt for the kids.

Preying they ditch the lot and get back to balado for a proper festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

This thread is like Groundhog Day from a year ago about this year :)

DF are more interested in summer sessions for proper bands and trnsmt for the kids.

Preying they ditch the lot and get back to balado for a proper festival.

Think it's more just who was available at the time. If foo fighters were about in july not august then they'd probs be here not at GSS. It's a lot to do with circumstance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the 1975 have gotta be nailed on to this (probs with glasto too) 

foo fighters with royal blood as special guests, and wolf alice 

noel gallagher (if he brings a new album out), with support from ian brown, blossoms, johnny marr, the coral etc etc 

 

if it is 5 days, i could see kendrick/travis scott or some rap acts getting a day, with the fifth day being more like george ezra’s day this year (bit mainstream, for the moms kinda thing), maybe florence

Edited by maxdillon7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st weekend

Kings of Leon

Mumford and sons

The 1975 

2nd weekend

Twenty one pilots

Kanye West

The strokes

 

Foo fighters are not headling next year

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj200 said:

1st weekend

Kings of Leon

Mumford and sons

The 1975 

2nd weekend

Twenty one pilots

Kanye West

The strokes

 

Foo fighters are not headling next year

 

 

You’ve missed out Gerry Cinnamon :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paolo Nutini / Lewis Capaldi

Kasabian / Ian Brown

1975 / Two Door 

Paolos day would probably be like the sunday of this year, so defo think capaldi will sub, especially with his hype at the minute. If kasabian are back can see DF booking them as they love to do it for major festivals (not complaining of course 😉) and with Ian Brown missing out on festivals this year it seems logical he’ll be around for them next year, think i heard he’s going to bring more material out next year. Can see 1975 doing glasto next year with the hype they’ve been getting at the minute, think TRNSMT will book them as well. Two door have new material coming soon and would be a logical  sub to the 1975 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...