TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's no way that Dave is a headliner. He played R1 headline at R&L this year. Vampire Weekend would make more sense as the headliner honestly.

After Stormzy think they'll go for someone in that genre. Dave is the next big UK rapper and if he releases another album he'll have more than enough material.

• Downvote 1

Fun festival - I was there in 2018 and bought early bird tickets for 2020. Here is what I would like to see and believe could happen:

Fri Biffy/Courteeners/Twin Atlantic/Paolo Nutini/James

Sat Kasabian/Gerry Cinnamon/Sam Fender/Tame Impala/Wolf Alice

Sun Liam/Lewis Capaldi/Kaiser Chiefs/The 1975/TDCC

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, johnfromncusa said:

Fun festival - I was there in 2018 and bought early bird tickets for 2020. Here is what I would like to see and believe could happen:

Just straight up, 1975 are easily a headliner at TRNSMT, no way they're playing anywhere lower. Tame Impala too probably if they were to play (though id guess more likely to so Summer Sessions or just APE in London). Wolf Alice would be third down at worst, maybe sub. Two door would probably sub.

Friday: The 1975, TDCC, The Vaccines, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, The Academic, The Japanese House

Saturday: LG/Courteneers, Wolf Alice, Circa Waves, Sundara Karma, Sam Fender, The Night Cafe

Sunday: Biffy Clyro/Paolo Nutini, Twin Atlantic, Jake Bugg, The Snuts, Retro Video Club, Dean Lewis 

11 hours ago, Tunes101 said:

Friday: The 1975, TDCC, The Vaccines, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, The Academic, The Japanese House

Saturday: LG/Courteneers, Wolf Alice, Circa Waves, Sundara Karma, Sam Fender, The Night Cafe

Sunday: Biffy Clyro/Paolo Nutini, Twin Atlantic, Jake Bugg, The Snuts, Retro Video Club, Dean Lewis 

Good I take that.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, johnfromncusa said:

The 1975 and two door cinema club too low Sam fender too high, James is a good shout.

23 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Just straight up, 1975 are easily a headliner at TRNSMT, no way they're playing anywhere lower. Tame Impala too probably if they were to play (though id guess more likely to so Summer Sessions or just APE in London). Wolf Alice would be third down at worst, maybe sub. Two door would probably sub.

I may have a few acts out of order but would still like to see all of these. Just curious...why is Paolo Nutini so high on most people's lineups? I haven't found anything that indicates he is recording anything new or touring.

12 hours ago, johnfromncusa said:

I may have a few acts out of order but would still like to see all of these. Just curious...why is Paolo Nutini so high on most people's lineups? I haven't found anything that indicates he is recording anything new or touring.

I think he tends to do stuff out of the blue really? And I guess there's till 10 months between now and TRNSMT for him to announce a new album, at which point he's got enough reputation and excitement to draw in the numbers needed for a sub or headline slot.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, Tunes101 said:

Change Biffy to Kasabian and I’d bite your hand off for that.

Btw there will be a dance act next year probabbly someone like chase and status.

3 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Does it? Or does it say Green Day are doing their own world tour and are not currently playing festivals.

Theres slots for festivals in it - Rock am Ring/Park seems rumoured on the international/glasto conversation threads.

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

I mean yeah, the European leg ends 27th June with no festival dates as of yet, and they're back playing in the US by mid July, so there's no way they were going to do TRNSMT it seems.

Had the tour been changed slightly it would have been possible, doing Ireland first and flying back for TRNSMT. Definitely not impossible but a bit of a push. You haven't escaped FOB yet!