Lowlands 2019

Noeliam

45 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Was literally gonna buy a ticket this morning, been away all weekend. Shit.

Any good alternatives? 

Pukkelpop in Belgium maybe...or check ticket swap...usually some tickets pop up in the days before the festival.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Interestingly, James Blake does not appear at the top of the list at the Lowlands website, with the headliners, Andy, Asap, nationals, royal blood and such.

Meaning more bigger names to come?

I've predicted Florence for a while now for Lowlands. The weeks announcements would finish on Friday and Flo plays in Rotterdam on Monday. Still sticking with that prediction (no other dutch festival dates this year)

2 hours ago, DDave said:

I've predicted Florence for a while now for Lowlands. The weeks announcements would finish on Friday and Flo plays in Rotterdam on Monday. Still sticking with that prediction (no other dutch festival dates this year)

THIS weeks announcements, you mean? I thought the daily thing will continue until the lineup is done? 

Pond confirmed on their website they're performing on Friday (16/8). Guess we can assume that means Tame Impala are Fridays headliners. I actually thought they will take the Sunday spot.

As 21 Pilots do PKP on Sunday (Tame on Saturday), guess they will do LL on Saturday - which leaves the Sunday headliner slot open for whoever replaces Prodigy.

• 2 months later...

Hello guys!

Anyone knows when we can expect more names? I can't wait for the Lowlands with the beginning of the festival season and I'm sorry that we're not getting any news as well as non activity at this discussion. Thanks for answers!
Edited by Petrto

just got tickets for this from ticketbeurs.nl. here's hoping they are valid as I coming from scotland with my daughter and her friend. Sure i will be able to get at the gate if they don't work.

Been looking at the glamping options but looks quite steep. There are no 3 man options so we'd have to get a 4P one. Anyone been and used the glamping? was it worth it? the electricity and showers sound good. also seems like it'd be a bit safer/ quieter. Daughters first festival...think it'll be an eye opener :)

thanks for any info ?

2 hours ago, lion0 said:

just got tickets for this from ticketbeurs.nl. here's hoping they are valid as I coming from scotland with my daughter and her friend. Sure i will be able to get at the gate if they don't work.

Been looking at the glamping options but looks quite steep. There are no 3 man options so we'd have to get a 4P one. Anyone been and used the glamping? was it worth it? the electricity and showers sound good. also seems like it'd be a bit safer/ quieter. Daughters first festival...think it'll be an eye opener :)

thanks for any info ?

I take it you mean eticketbeurs.nl? They are quite a safe ticket swap site and I think they even have a Money Back guarantee. When a barcode turns out to have been used already when you're at the entrance, you'll get your money back and they will sort it out with the seller.

I have no experience with the glamping options at Lowlands, but all I can say about the regular campings is that to me they always felt really safe. Moreover, sanitary options are really well-organised (for a festival), also at the regular campsite. As for quieter, campings 5-7 are always a lot more laid-back than 1-4, the latter being closer to the entrance of the arena and therefore attracting more partying youth.

I really like that you've chosen Lowlands as your daughter's first festival, it's absolutely brilliant and I am sure you'll have a blast.

• Upvote 1

Thanks very much for the reply.

I am really looking forward to it. Glad to hear eticketbeur.nl has a decent reputation. My biggest fear is the tickets not working and the thought of trying to get more in the queue. it'd be quite stressful :/

As we are coming from Scotland i am thinking of booking one of the glamping accommodation, but the fear of not getting in and losing that also is holding me back a bit. 

I'd imagine like all festivals there will be people selling spare tickets in the queue. Worst case scenario is all our tickets failing and having to queue with people to ensure their tickets are valid before handing over any money.

I guess I'll be stressed until we are all in???

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have advice on getting from Amsterdam city centre to the festival? Flying into Schipol Thurs but would like to go into the city that afternoon to pick up drink and groceries.

Also are they very thorough on searching bags? Bit annoying if you have all your stuff neatly packed for them to pull everything out and go through it!

How much is 1 token and how much is a beer? Is there ice available in the shop on site? What is the weather generally like at the festival (i know it can be unpredictable!)

Thanks so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Highfive4Dive said:

Does anyone have advice on getting from Amsterdam city centre to the festival? Flying into Schipol Thurs but would like to go into the city that afternoon to pick up drink and groceries.

Also are they very thorough on searching bags? Bit annoying if you have all your stuff neatly packed for them to pull everything out and go through it!

How much is 1 token and how much is a beer? Is there ice available in the shop on site? What is the weather generally like at the festival (i know it can be unpredictable!)

Thanks so much!!

For transport check the Lowlands site: https://lowlands.nl/english/

Your bags will be scanned and you might have to open them if they see anything they want to check. 

One token is 2,90 euro and a large beer will probably be 1,5 token. No idea on the ice since I don't camp on site.

Weather can be anything from 18 to 35 degrees. Nights can be cold so bring something warm and avoid spending 60 euro on a festival sweater.

image.png

Edited by Judithmt

• 3 weeks later...

Lowlands released their timetable this morning (https://lowlands.nl/blokkenschema/).

I'm not going, but I can't help to take a peek. My personal feelings: a weak Friday (on which the few interesting names overlap) and a Saturday and Sunday that get into gear only later in the day, leading to clashapalooza's in the evening on both days. I would be a bit disappointed by this schedule, if I were to go.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, visdave34 said:

Lowlands released their timetable this morning (https://lowlands.nl/blokkenschema/).

I'm not going, but I can't help to take a peek. My personal feelings: a weak Friday (on which the few interesting names overlap) and a Saturday and Sunday that get into gear only later in the day, leading to clashapalooza's in the evening on both days. I would be a bit disappointed by this schedule, if I were to go.

I wouldn't tag Friday as a weak day, there are some litlle bands that look particulary interesting (girl in red, Yin Yin to name a couple) and Bravo is really strong (I saw Jungle couple of months ago and it was fire). Probably is lacking a big headliner, but nothing to worry, Lowlands goes beyond that.

Agree nonetheless with clashes on the other days.

Going here for the second time, but this time alone. If anybody is up for some beers in or out the festival, feel free to text me. I'm sure it's going to be another great Lowlands. As well, if anybody has first-time doubts, more than happy to help!

Oh, Lowlands definitely goes beyond that! Went there 10 times and there is always something to see or do. Last time I went, I didn’t even see any of the headliners (only went to the Alpha once, for a bit of Alt-J). 

Above was just my first reaction to the schedule. I’m sure there is enough to discover on that Friday, but the larger names just don’t do it for me. The Staat and Royal Blood are fine, but you had many many chances to see them in the past years (and I did). Saw JUNGLE two times before, and both times they were just ok. TGTBTQ are brilliant, but so are Weval, so would be a bit disappointed with that clash when - at first sight - the rest of the day feels lacking. Same goes for that partial clash between The Streets and Fontaines DC. 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:03 AM, visdave34 said:

Oh, Lowlands definitely goes beyond that! Went there 10 times and there is always something to see or do. Last time I went, I didn’t even see any of the headliners (only went to the Alpha once, for a bit of Alt-J). 

Above was just my first reaction to the schedule. I’m sure there is enough to discover on that Friday, but the larger names just don’t do it for me. The Staat and Royal Blood are fine, but you had many many chances to see them in the past years (and I did). Saw JUNGLE two times before, and both times they were just ok. TGTBTQ are brilliant, but so are Weval, so would be a bit disappointed with that clash when - at first sight - the rest of the day feels lacking. Same goes for that partial clash between The Streets and Fontaines DC. 

In a way I agree, I guess it's just a question of how important are the big names for you and for me.

On the other hand, I0m mostly fine with clashes as long as I have something interesting to see anytime. Having always something interesting to see, no matter the size, is key to me. I guess for that reason Lowlands is such a nice festival from my point of view. 

I love Weval too!