Lowlands 2019

Noeliam

8 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Alright so that's what I'm trying to understand. Do I need to pay for any of those campsites, or do I just buy a festival ticket and choose one campsite when I arrive? 

The latter, so also different from RW, which sells camping tickets seperately and you get a camping wristband as well as a festival wristband. At Lowlands, all is integrated, so you get one wristband on arrival, with which you can enter camping grounds, choose a site and walk in and out of the festival arena.

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The latter, so also different from RW, which sells camping tickets seperately and you get a camping wristband as well as a festival wristband. At Lowlands, all is integrated, so you get one wristband on arrival, with which you can enter camping grounds, choose a site and walk in and out of the festival arena.

Amazing.

Thank you very much, and thanks to everyone here who kindly answered my questions. See ya this August!

10 hours ago, chazwwe said:

This is on my 'maybe' list, picking an extra fest this year along with Glastonbury. Any idea on if you can take alcohol into the 'arena'? RW last year has a gate where you can't take your own stuff in. 

Officially, you can only bring your own drinks to the camping, not the festival site/'arena' itself. You are allowed to bring in 8 L of alcohol AND non-alcohol in total to the camping, no glass of course. But only once, only upon first entrance before you get your wristband, can't bring anything in later (not sure how strict they check this). Only small bags are allowed into the arena, and 0.5 L water without lid. Of course, you can be lucky getting things in. Don't find it worth the hassle myself.

13 hours ago, chazwwe said:

This is on my 'maybe' list, picking an extra fest this year along with Glastonbury. Any idea on if you can take alcohol into the 'arena'? RW last year has a gate where you can't take your own stuff in. 

Terms and conditions: 

It is not allowed to bring the following items into the festival:

Drinks larger than 0,5 liters (in a plastic or cardboard container or a can), drinks smaller than 0,5 liters are allowed.

At the Dutch site is says you can only bring an open bottle or can.

Edited by Judithmt

Anyone have any tips for arriving to the campsite? I was thinking of bringing a wheelie bag I don't mind getting muddy to lug around all my gear/drink/food (flying from abroad), would the terrain suit a wheelie bag or is a big backpack/duffle bag the way to go?

Also do they search inside everyone's bags on arrival to campsite?  

Will be arriving on the Thurs.

Thanks!!

On 2/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Highfive4Dive said:

Anyone have any tips for arriving to the campsite? I was thinking of bringing a wheelie bag I don't mind getting muddy to lug around all my gear/drink/food (flying from abroad), would the terrain suit a wheelie bag or is a big backpack/duffle bag the way to go?

Also do they search inside everyone's bags on arrival to campsite?  

Will be arriving on the Thurs.

Thanks!!

Depends on the weather. A wheelie bag is ok if it hasn't been raining. Otherwise the terrain can get muddy. Lowlands also has the dreaded 'brug des doods', a bridge you have to cross with all your gear if you are planning to camp close to the festival terrain. It is a battlefield of broken trolleys.

They have a scanner for your bags on arrival.

To add to that, if you're looking at older maps, you have to cross the bridge when you want to camp on fields 1-4, not 5-7. The latter are a bit further away from the 'arena', the former are more popular with the early-bird visitors on the Thursday.

Edited by StupidDream

On 2/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, Ohad said:

Is there a "golden ring" or something like that at the mainstage? How early should I come to the mainstage if I want to be the closest I can to the stage at the headliners show? 

There is a ring in front of the Alpha main stage, which you can enter through gates at the sides. Lowlands is not really a headliner based festival...so many tents and shows to see...lots of people never even make it to main stage. How early you should get there depends on the headliner and the band that is on before. If you have a 'the National-the Prodigy' combo expect lots of people to leave the ring after the National show, so you'll be fine just getting in when the Prodigy starts. If the 2 shows attract the same crowd just get in at the pre headliner show. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Judithmt said:

There is a ring in front of the Alpha main stage, which you can enter through gates at the sides. Lowlands is not really a headliner based festival...so many tents and shows to see...lots of people never even make it to main stage. How early you should get there depends on the headliner and the band that is on before. If you have a 'the National-the Prodigy' combo expect lots of people to leave the ring after the National show, so you'll be fine just getting in when the Prodigy starts. If the 2 shows attract the same crowd just get in at the pre headliner show. 

Awesome. I was more concerned about the Tame Impala show but really good to know.

54 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Seems pretty similiar to Rock Werchter, turn up towards the end of the act before hand to get a fairly good spot. 

Well, last year I had to get to the main stage 6+ hours (3 acts) before Arctics show to get a real good spot, and even then I wasn't at the very front. At the Barn also had to be there at least 2 acts earlier in order to get to the front. I hope that given the fact that Lowlands hosts something like half of RWs crowd, and if some people really aren't going to the headliners concert, I might get a better view for a shorter waiting time. 

Really surprising it has sold out this fast and 20% in the last day. Probably a combination of a dedicated fanbase, appealing big first line-up drop, and maybe increased foreign interest due to flat line-ups elsewhere?

Maybe some tickets will be freed up as people jumped on the 80 an 92% warnings.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:08 PM, Ohad said:

Well, last year I had to get to the main stage 6+ hours (3 acts) before Arctics show to get a real good spot, and even then I wasn't at the very front. At the Barn also had to be there at least 2 acts earlier in order to get to the front. I hope that given the fact that Lowlands hosts something like half of RWs crowd, and if some people really aren't going to the headliners concert, I might get a better view for a shorter waiting time. 

I think your idea and my idea of a 'good' spot. Is very different. I turned up at the very end of Noel Gallagher, was on the outside of the inner circle. Went in and got 4th row center for Nick Cave and Arctics.