Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Noeliam said:

According to an interview with Festileaks International, Lowlands first names are out on the 30th of january!

+ info about the lineup, the stage layout and more

https://en.festileaks.com/2019/01/eric-van-eerdenburg-first-names-for-lowlands-2019-on-30-january/

Said for a while that I think they'll get 

Tame Impala - The National - Twenty One Pilots and Florence & the Machine as a top line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

What time are we expecting this to announce?

Thanks

11.00 CET

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lineup is ok, but not amazing, could tempt me though need to price up between this and NOS....also wait for Pukkelpop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the look of this, no 'huge' names but a solid 11-12 acts I'd pay to go and see on their own tours let alone just because they were on at a festival and probably 15+ in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Do you guys know when they're starting to sell tickets? 

Yesterday I believe, with Tickmaster Netherlands the main outlet to get them from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreyHawk said:

Yesterday I believe, with Tickmaster Netherlands the main outlet to get them from. 

How fast are they usually selling out? Waiting a week before I buy a ticket will be possible, I assume?

 

And are there supposed to be more "semi-big" names to be announced? Not headliners, but acts such as Oscar and the wolf or Florence and the machine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ohad said:

How fast are they usually selling out? Waiting a week before I buy a ticket will be possible, I assume?

 

And are there supposed to be more "semi-big" names to be announced? Not headliners, but acts such as Oscar and the wolf or Florence and the machine?

Selling out is a bit tricky, varied over the years, with the last couple of years a bit of a low in sales. Seems a bit more of a hype this year. But waiting a week should usually be safe.

Some bigger names will definitely be added, but Florence may be a bit too big of a name. In an interview with the festival director he seemed to say most of the headliners and subs would be included in the first drop. Meaning some will be announced later. I am sure some names of the size in between Royal Blood and Franz Ferdinand will be added, at least for Dutch standards. 

The organisation is trying to get permission to extend the closing time of the main stage(s) from 11 pm to 1 am on Friday and Saturday. Allowing longer sets possibly, or a closing dance act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ohad said:

How fast are they usually selling out? Waiting a week before I buy a ticket will be possible, I assume?

 

And are there supposed to be more "semi-big" names to be announced? Not headliners, but acts such as Oscar and the wolf or Florence and the machine?

This would be my first time so not too much insight I can share really. The twitter account seemed to suggest that group tickets had sold out, but no idea how relevant that is to individual tickets or how much to trust the translation!

Looking at last year there were definitely other phases of acts being announced, but as was pointed out not necessarily on a Florence type level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Is their any hotels near this festival? I would love to go but wouldn't want to camp

There are some, but this won't be an easy option. Fastest way to get to and from the festival site will be by car (taxi's will be expensive). There aren't a lot of hotels if you look at booking.com. Quite a lot seem close but are on the wrong side of the lake. Could try something like airbnb, but like hotels I think they'll be expensive or (near) fully booked. There's a special bus service to and from Dronten throughout the weekend, which you have to take into account if you don't have own car. Dunno what your budget is, of course...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, StupidDream said:

Selling out is a bit tricky, varied over the years, with the last couple of years a bit of a low in sales. Seems a bit more of a hype this year. But waiting a week should usually be safe.

Some bigger names will definitely be added, but Florence may be a bit too big of a name. In an interview with the festival director he seemed to say most of the headliners and subs would be included in the first drop. Meaning some will be announced later. I am sure some names of the size in between Royal Blood and Franz Ferdinand will be added, at least for Dutch standards. 

The organisation is trying to get permission to extend the closing time of the main stage(s) from 11 pm to 1 am on Friday and Saturday. Allowing longer sets possibly, or a closing dance act.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, GreyHawk said:

This would be my first time so not too much insight I can share really. The twitter account seemed to suggest that group tickets had sold out, but no idea how relevant that is to individual tickets or how much to trust the translation!

Looking at last year there were definitely other phases of acts being announced, but as was pointed out not necessarily on a Florence type level.

any idea WHEN they will post any further names? I went to RW last year and they announced more and more acts pretty much every Friday, but it does not look like this is the case here.

The lineup is awesome, just wondering if it's gonna get any better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ohad said:

any idea WHEN they will post any further names? I went to RW last year and they announced more and more acts pretty much every Friday, but it does not look like this is the case here.

The lineup is awesome, just wondering if it's gonna get any better

Last year it sold out on 29 May and they gave several warnings about percentage of tickets sold before. 

Last year first announcement was January 31st, but only 25 names (now more?). Extra names on March 8th, about 25 acts. End of March dance program. April 23rd another 33 acts, June 14th another 20. Could easily see a next drop later in March as everything is a bit later this year regarding festivals. So no RW-like announcements.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about camping? Anyone here went to Lowlands before? Are there any free camping sites? Are they good? Is it worth it paying for a better camping site? How far are they from the festival area? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ohad said:

How about camping? Anyone here went to Lowlands before? Are there any free camping sites? Are they good? Is it worth it paying for a better camping site? How far are they from the festival area? 

Been there quite a few times! Festival ticket includes camping and camping is exploited by the festival organisation itself, so probably 90% of all visitors stay at the festival campsites (also since there's barely any alternative in the near vicinity). For a few years now camping is pretty much integrated with the festival, as the only proper security and ticket check is on arrival at the campsite. Afterwards, you walk right in on the festival arena from the campsites.

Camping facilities - for a festival camping ground - are excellent. 

Edited by visdave34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

Been there quite a few times! Festival ticket includes camping and camping is exploited by the festival organisation itself, so probably 90% of all visitors stay at the festival campsites (also since there's barely any alternative in the near vicinity). For a few years now camping is pretty much integrated with the festival, as the only proper security and ticket check is on arrival at the campsite. Afterwards, you walk right in on the festival arena from the campsites.

Camping facilities - for a festival camping ground - are excellent. 

So no need to pay extra for any Premium type of camping site? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ohad said:

So no need to pay extra for any Premium type of camping site? 

I think they do have a few Glamping options for (quite some) extra bucks, but in my experience general campsite is more than ok.

https://www.campsolutions.com/webshop-festivals/gllamcamp-lowlands/ (in Dutch though, but pics and prices speak for itself I think)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohad said:

So no need to pay extra for any Premium type of camping site? 

You can pay for an extra bit of comfort of course. You have three types of glamping (Gllamcamp) options: basic, comfort and deluxe. Basic is just a pre-pitched tent with an air bed. But prices start at €72,50 per person. Could be a good option if you have a lot of travelling to do. The comfort and deluxe options gives you a bit more luxury, with its own camp site I think and own showers and toilets, own lounge spot. Own parking as well close to the camp site, included with the booking. Cheapest option available is €182 per person right now, though. Don't know if it's fully worth it. Maybe if you don't have a good tent and air beds at the moment, and like to be a bit more secluded...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StupidDream said:

You can pay for an extra bit of comfort of course. You have three types of glamping (Gllamcamp) options: basic, comfort and deluxe. Basic is just a pre-pitched tent with an air bed. But prices start at €72,50 per person. Could be a good option if you have a lot of travelling to do. The comfort and deluxe options gives you a bit more luxury, with its own camp site I think and own showers and toilets, own lounge spot. Own parking as well close to the camp site, included with the booking. Cheapest option available is €182 per person right now, though. Don't know if it's fully worth it. Maybe if you don't have a good tent and air beds at the moment, and like to be a bit more secluded...

Nah I'm extremely comfortable with my own tent. Just wondered if it's a whole other camping site (again, my only reference to compare is RW).

Thank you very much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can quite compare the level of facilities to those of the Hive camping at RW, but the Hive usually has longer queues for showers and toilets. A few Lowlands campsites (don't ask me which ones) have 24h showers. You can just go there in the middle of the night for a shower and have no queue at all. Where the Hive is one ginormous field, the campsites at Lowlands are a bit more seperated, each with theit own large tent with sanitary facilities.
 

Here you have a great photo of the total grounds of both festival and campings:

 

lowlands-van-boven.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

You can quite compare the level of facilities to those of the Hive camping at RW, but the Hive usually has longer queues for showers and toilets. A few Lowlands campsites (don't ask me which ones) have 24h showers. You can just go there in the middle of the night for a shower and have no queue at all. Where the Hive is one ginormous field, the campsites at Lowlands are a bit more seperated, each with theit own large tent with sanitary facilities.
 

Here you have a great photo of the total grounds of both festival and campings:

 

lowlands-van-boven.jpg

Alright so that's what I'm trying to understand. Do I need to pay for any of those campsites, or do I just buy a festival ticket and choose one campsite when I arrive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×