Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Neither, the Star Trek character :)

A friend once remarked that I bear a passing resemblance to said bald pointy-eared alien and it bloody stuck :lol:

So the side joke that developed from that is that I met Stu properly for the first time last year, introduced myself but he heard it as Mark. Took him hours to realise.  Hence the quote from Fatyeti in my posts and the occasional reference to me as Mark Quark.

#cliquejokes :D

It's worse than that.  I heard some name I didn't recognise (expecting a real life name, not a frigging Ferengi), so immediately filed you under "complete stranger I need pay no attention to", rather than "Mark". 

But Mark Quark is a good name, you can keep it :D

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

What the fuck was going on with that wrap picture for so long?  Was it just some random shit to mess with people's heads or was there an actual point?

There was absolutely no point to it. We used to have a group chat with a few of us from here in it and Couchy randomly sent a picture of that quorn wrap one day and no one understood why and he never explained it. One or two of us made it our profile picture on here and then more and more people started doing it (presumably because people on here were confused by it) and it just kinda inflated in that way.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

There was absolutely no point to it. We used to have a group chat with a few of us from here in it and Couchy randomly sent a picture of that quorn wrap one day and no one understood why and he never explained it. One or two of us made it our profile picture on here and then more and more people started doing it (presumably because people on here were confused by it) and it just kinda inflated in that way.

I thought as much.  I think I even changed my picture too for a couple of days.  Nowt like good wrap cult.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's worse than that.  I heard some name I didn't recognise (expecting a real life name, not a frigging Ferengi), so immediately filed you under "complete stranger I need pay no attention to", rather than "Mark". 

But Mark Quark is a good name, you can keep it :D

Eh? You said afterwards you'd heard Mark. So you were just making that bit up?! Rude! That's where Yeti's decision to spread the Mark Quark thing came from :lol:

Full disclosure, my name is not Mark...

38 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

This thread made me decide to put a profile pic in.

I took baba ganoush and raised it to baba o'riley.

Shit man, such quick thinking. I'm still trying to decide. I'm a maaaassive over-thinker. Used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore. Lalz.

I checked my camera gallery and there's certainly nothing suitable there. Off to the internet for inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Shit man, such quick thinking. I'm still trying to decide. I'm a maaaassive over-thinker. Used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore. Lalz.

I checked my camera gallery and there's certainly nothing suitable there. Off to the internet for inspiration.

Use this.

matt_bellamy_and_his_led_by_emotional_beefcake-d32kyks.jpg

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Eh? You said afterwards you'd heard Mark. So you were just making that bit up?! Rude! That's where Yeti's decision to spread the Mark Quark thing came from :lol:

Full disclosure, my name is not Mark...

You said "Did you think I said Mark?" and I sheepishly agreed, because I was too embarrassed to admit I had no idea what you said and I didn't want to admit it, because it reveals that deep down I'm an ignorant git who's not paying attention.

So "Mark" was actually your idea, so in that sense it is your name.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Use this.

matt_bellamy_and_his_led_by_emotional_beefcake-d32kyks.jpg

OK seriously I can't upload a pic. It's saying the file size has to be 0.1mb, that normal? Says it can be a Jpeg...

I'm SHOCKING with technology, trying to screenshot something I want then choose that file from my gallery...not happening. Would you believe I'm 32 not 72?

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

OK seriously I can't upload a pic. It's saying the file size has to be 0.1mb, that normal? Says it can be a Jpeg...

I'm SHOCKING with technology, trying to screenshot something I want then choose that file from my gallery...not happening. Would you believe I'm 32 not 72?

google might be your friend on this one ... I can do  it on a mac but no idea on a phone ..