Resale Club 2019

McCor

13 minutes ago, Igster said:

True, at the point of sale would make the most sense but then as you said are they even looking for tickets and if you do get passed the holding page in the dying minutes of the sale the last thing to be worrying about is communicating  with others trying to get the card details swapped asap. I would imagine the only real way of doing it is taking the hit yourself on your card and praying the other members pay up after. 

Agreed!

I seem to recall a YouTube video about five years ago of a couple who had never been to Glastonbury before, got tickets, and paid for Worthy View type stuff - they were huge bands of whoever it was that played on the Friday night (Muse? Maybe? I can’t bloody remember) and they rocked up at midday on the Friday, stayed one night to watch the middling indie cobblers of whatever Muse or Muse-a-like it was that headlined, and then on Saturday they had a shower, had a walk around, felt a few spots of rain and pissed off back to their homes like the dirty stinking rats they were. 

Sickening. 

Anyways, I wanna dig the video out and annoy myself with it ???

46 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

I don't think so. I'd assume tickets paid by parents etc are extremely common and it would be weird if Glasto had a system that prevented that.

I might be wrong. I have tried to find it the website has info on this but no luck. 

I remember my rookie fail. Got through entered my card with my friend as lead booker and it didn’t accept it. That was 3 years ago. 

Also people are saying payments are being processed in real time ? So the postcode match to lead bookers address might be a problem. 

Anyone spread some more light ?

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I seem to recall a YouTube video about five years ago of a couple who had never been to Glastonbury before, got tickets, and paid for Worthy View type stuff - they were huge bands of whoever it was that played on the Friday night (Muse? Maybe? I can’t bloody remember) and they rocked up at midday on the Friday, stayed one night to watch the middling indie cobblers of whatever Muse or Muse-a-like it was that headlined, and then on Saturday they had a shower, had a walk around, felt a few spots of rain and pissed off back to their homes like the dirty stinking rats they were. 

Sickening. 

If you find it you please share it here. I want to seethe.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Sickening. 

I’ve heard some horrific stories with regard to Glastonbury but that is up there with the best/worst! 

That’s worse than when I managed to get a cup final ticket some 25 years ago after weeks of begging and pleading only to have a husband and wife sat in front of me and as the game kicked off the wife said to her husband ‘ which team are we cheering for’ 

• Upvote 1

Friend of mine had a ticket for G in 2015, but decided on the Tuesday he wasn’t going to go, ‘because I’m not really into any of the bands playing’ he still took the time off work and just chilled at home and watched bits of it on TV. To this day he claims he made the right decision in not going, the gods are watching though because he hasn’t got even a sniff of tickets since??

Edited by Smeble

10 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

I might be wrong. I have tried to find it the website has info on this but no luck. 

I remember my rookie fail. Got through entered my card with my friend as lead booker and it didn’t accept it. That was 3 years ago. 

Also people are saying payments are being processed in real time ? So the postcode match to lead bookers address might be a problem. 

Anyone spread some more light ?

I got some tickets for my friends last year, they gave me their reg info etc and card details, went through OK, but I see what you mean. If I using my card for tickets that are not for me.... 

Mind you, a guy on Facebook posted his reg details on Sunday morning, and a complete stranger got the tickets for him!

Just now, Smeble said:

Friend of mine had a ticket for G in 2015, but decided on the Tuesday he wasn’t going to go, ‘because I’m not really into any of the bands playing’ he still took the time off work and just chilled at home and watched bits of it on TV. To this day he claims he made the right decision in not going, the gods are watching though because he hasn’t got even a sniff of tickets since??

Got a ticket but watched it at home??!!

I hope the fleas of 1000 camels infest his bum hole! 

• Upvote 1

Finally admitting that I am joining this club. 3 times I got through to reg page on Sunday. 3 times I got booted out. Happy for newbies though as we all have to be a newbie once. Going to try for April re-sale and if no joy, go to another festival.... Similar situation to many, in a huge ticket buying group but only a few got through. :( 

14 minutes ago, McCor said:

I got some tickets for my friends last year, they gave me their reg info etc and card details, went through OK, but I see what you mean. If I using my card for tickets that are not for me.... 

Mind you, a guy on Facebook posted his reg details on Sunday morning, and a complete stranger got the tickets for him!

Interesting. Well coach tickets get the trial first as a test run. 

Could you make it private at all?

been frauded a few times before this could end up on the news if goes wrong. 

Edited by NaturalWine

10 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Could we get blacklisted by the seetickets  gods as we are trying to raise up against them ?

Blacklist people who couldn’t get tickets in the first place?? Hhmmmmm

37 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Interesting. Well coach tickets get the trial first as a test run. 

Could you make it private at all?

been frauded a few times before this could end up on the news if goes wrong. 

Yeah, I’m a little concerned now! Anyone with any suggestions, please let me know!

1 hour ago, NaturalWine said:

Haha true, but say we got through and our reg details could never complete the payment and gets refused?

That's basically what actually happened to us in the main sale. Got through very early in the process, it failed at the payment stage, and then 20 minutes later got through again and our registrations could not be used - they were somehow blocked by the initial failed attempt. The stuff of nightmares.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

I think this here may be what you want....

Ye gods!

What I never get with video's like this is, when I see a recording of myself I think all sorts of uncomplimentary things and try to immediately destroy it, so how can they watch that back, and conclude "yeah, we're not annoying at all- lets put it up on youtube for all to see!"

5 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

That's basically what actually happened to us in the main sale. Got through very early in the process, it failed at the payment stage, and then 20 minutes later got through again and our registrations could not be used - they were somehow blocked by the initial failed attempt. The stuff of nightmares.

That would  make me a tad tense to say the very least.

And if Seetickets google and the Eavis’ are indeed watching my house can they let me know what my wife is cooking for dinner? I’m bloody starving...

8 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I think this is the where you have 6 minutes to complete the transaction or your regs get blocked for 10 mins?