Resale Club 2019

McCor

So. Small panic averted.

Mate sent me a text last night saying his daughter is getting married next year. In June. But he didn’t know the date offhand.

I started thinking that there was something happening in June aside from the wedding. And then it came to me. Oh. Bollox!

Anyway..Its June 22nd. Panic over and I can now  stop thinking of feasible excuses for not attending the wedding. I think it would have been more of a headache trying to explain to my Mrs why she was going to the wedding on her lonesome!

13 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Is there a application process to join this club? 6 of us will be trying come April, 2 for coach and 4 for general is the current strategy

Also there is always whisper of an elusive secret resale, is this a myth or does it actually happen every year? 

The secret resales have happened in the past, but not every year.....

No secret sale last year. Unless of course it was so secret that not even the people who run the secret sales weren’t told about it so they didn’t run one... 

Now that is secret!!!

Edited by andyb66

33 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

So. Small panic averted.

Mate sent me a text last night saying his daughter is getting married next year. In June. But he didn’t know the date offhand.

I started thinking that there was something happening in June aside from the wedding. And then it came to me. Oh. Bollox!

Anyway..Its June 22nd. Panic over and I can now  stop thinking of feasible excuses for not attending the wedding. I think it would have been more of a headache trying to explain to my Mrs why she was going to the wedding on her lonesome!

My daughter's 1st birthday is Glastonbury Friday. We planned to take her but sadly missed out.

If it wasn't for my daughter is be volunteering this year. I volunteered on the recycling crew in 2013 and 2014.

Love my daughter to the moon but I'm devastated to have missed out. I've been going since I was 15 with uncles. I'm 34 now and have done every festival. 

Please help me and my daughter get there!!!

5 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

My daughter's 1st birthday is Glastonbury Friday. We planned to take her but sadly missed out.

If it wasn't for my daughter is be volunteering this year. I volunteered on the recycling crew in 2013 and 2014.

Love my daughter to the moon but I'm devastated to have missed out. I've been going since I was 15 with uncles. I'm 34 now and have done every festival. 

Every festival for the last 18 years? Bloody hell. You must be very lucky when it comes to the ticket gods. I assume you do the lottery  If not start now..

If I had my way I’d get you all tickets. But sadly it’s all in the hands of those nice people at Seetickets..

30 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Every festival for the last 18 years? Bloody hell. You must be very lucky when it comes to the ticket gods. I assume you do the lottery  If not start now..

If I had my way I’d get you all tickets. But sadly it’s all in the hands of those nice people at Seetickets..

Yeah I have been. But remember up until 2009 getting tickets didn't appear to be that difficult.

I did state that I missed out in 2013 and 2014 but I volunteered for the recycling crew. 

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

No secret sale last year. Unless of course it was so secret that not even the people who run the secret sales weren’t told about it so they didn’t run one... 

Now that is secret!!!

I remember people calling SeeTickets and being convinced they were selling them off internally ?

I do often wonder if family and friends of Seetickets employees get the show on Glasto tickets pre sale. 

Seetickets would of course deny this vehemently if asked but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this were the case.

1 hour ago, Stone_Love said:

Can't believe you've played that card, that's you going straight to the top of the "who should we help out" list!!!

1 hour ago, Stone_Love said:

Excellent, my little girls birthday falls on the Glastonbury weekend. I had a ticket for 2016 but gave it back to the resale pot once I realised her due date. She was born Sunday morning, I was getting phone calls & texts from mates that were watching Adele preform . They FaceTimed me while there that Sunday morning was a great choice not to go that year as I was going to risk it.

if Glastonbury continue to have the date after summer solstice her birthday will continually fall during the festival. I would happily take her next year, but am wanting to save it for 2020. I’m might just brave it if I get resale tickets and take her. 

Edited by NaturalWine

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

We could create an festivals Google doc with all details in and flag who is trying so no duplicates....

That’s a bloody good idea

And one day I’ll come up with a good idea... but don’t hold your breath!

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is a really good idea, helps keep everything sorted.

That's how we did main sale - shared the doc with all people in group and as soon as tickets in the bag for one set they were flagged so we went on to the next batch.

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Wow..... that moment when someone posts on facebook: 

"my first Glasto next year and ironically I can't get there until late Friday night like around midnight."

Anyone else's stomach fill with disgust?? 

Tell that person from me to do the decent thing and put their ticket back in the pot...

Outrageous behaviour!

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

We could create an festivals Google doc with all details in and flag who is trying so no duplicates....

Just created one. I'm not all up on Google docs and sharing etc, but this is what I have

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13SadOmhBpvsLNRZHHhbXrgJEn6RK_ZWutuP2kd7jur0/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, squareheadz said:

Having given it a few days is it just me that feels an even stronger sense of determination after being shunted to the Resale Club? Like, look at all the softies over there in their I'm Going To Glastonbury Club - the Resale Club is where boys become men and only the strong survive.

MichaelEavis-Glasto2015-JC02.png

The Others.....