Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Another way of saying "We couldn't book 2 big headliners in 111 days, so we booked 16 bands with a similar budget but you need to pay us 30 euros more."

It's good for everyone that haven't booked flights and hotel yet but it's very unfortunate for everyone that already made plans. Last year welcome party only had mgmt which was at the festival as well. They could've at least inform people when they started including welcome party tickets on valentine's day bundle that these bands will not be at the festival.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Another way of saying "We couldn't book 2 big headliners in 111 days, so we booked 16 bands with a similar budget but you need to pay us 30 euros more."

It's good for everyone that haven't booked flights and hotel yet but it's very unfortunate for everyone that already made plans. Last year welcome party only had mgmt which was at the festival as well. They could've at least inform people when they started including welcome party tickets on valentine's day bundle that these bands will not be at the festival.

Mad Cool comunication policy has been a disaster this year. Improvisating a solution in this 4 months gap with no news.

Next year, people will wait to see the line-up before buying their tickets. 

40 minutes ago, aaronch95 said:

Thats the answer about the line up „Hi Aaron! 
Not yet, but it is almost complete...there are not many more surprises left.
Kind regards!“ 

we will see...

"Hi Aaron! There's only shit ones you've never heard of left to add, don't get excited. Kind regards!"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Asriel said:

Someone asked them about the lack of two headliners on the Thursday on Twitter. To which Mad Cool replied saying "soon we will tell you more" (roughly translated). So there is hope...

Or it could just mean that an explanation as to why there is only one will be coming soon.  Or its just Missy Elliott

19 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Or it could just mean that an explanation as to why there is only one will be coming soon.  Or its just Missy Elliott

Yeah i'm just clinging on to blind hope. The fact that Mad Cool aren't hyping it up means that I should probably temper my excitement. Missy Elliott would be better than nothing I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Asriel said:

Yeah i'm just clinging on to blind hope. The fact that Mad Cool aren't hyping it up means that I should probably temper my excitement. Missy Elliott would be better than nothing I suppose.

If they did add something good, I'd rather it be on another day.  When it comes to my own tastes, Thursday is really stacked and I'm already concerned I'll miss a few acts that I want to see. 

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why are you people saying it's 'just Missy Elliott'? That would be a great name. And one you don't see everyday.

Is she actually touring/active these days?

People are saying that because it wouldn't be a surprise after she was in some articles yesterday announcing the lineup. The plan must've changed and for whatever reason, she wasn't announced. I think it fell through and she's not playing though personally.

Yeah it's the fact that Missy was semi leaked. The end of the press conference would have been the time to make the big announcement if it hadn't fallen through though.

If Vampire Weekend were being bumped up to the headliner, they should have quietly done it yesterday IMO (like they did with the withdraws of Teenage Fanclub and H.E.R.). If they are going to pretend that POR are headline status, then they could have easily done it with Lauryn Hill as well (they could have called Perry Farrell H.E.R.'s replacement.

Hi, I've been there last year and come back this year and as this time I'll only be there for 4 days and saw most of the things I wanted in Madrid I thought maybe staying in a room close to metro station of line 8 the only one which work late and also easier to get from to the airport and found a place near Nuevos Ministerios which is the final stop of line 8 because it was quite bad last year with the buses and from there taxi or catch taxi from the venue but since I didn't use the metro on my way back I would like to know if someone did and can tell how was it? what was the schedule at night? and was it easy to enter or very crowded? did you hear anything about improvement this year?

tnx

Well everyone, 

Turns out there is a final surprise that we are waiting for from the main lineup. Separate from the talent competition. 

This is from Laza from the Spanish forum. 

Could be the missing Thursday headliner or a really good act to fill out the Friday. Who knows? 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Well everyone, 

Turns out there is a final surprise that we are waiting for from the main lineup. Separate from the talent competition. 

This is from Laza from the Spanish forum. 

Could be the missing Thursday headliner or a really good act to fill out the Friday. Who knows? 

Nos alive lurker here, hope this is a headliner

honestly, although I understand why it feels like a missing headliner on Thursday this is a very strong day so I prefer a good name for Friday. 

hope for Robert Plant who also can be headliner and maybe Elbow and Skunk Anansie that still have gap in tour those days and no date in Spain.