Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

Tickets all sorted for 2019 

My thoughts for 2019 (this is who I think will perform not who I would like to perform)

Thursday

Darkness

Squeeze

Friday

Florence and the Machine

Tears for Fears

Bananarama (Big Top)

Saturday

Coldplay

Catherine McGrath

Brian Wilson (Big Top)

Sunday

Muse

Streets

Simple Minds

Human League (Big Top)

Thoughts..............................................................................

• Downvote 1

On 8/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, davidfawcett said:

Tickets all sorted for 2019 

My thoughts for 2019 (this is who I think will perform not who I would like to perform)

Thursday

Darkness

Squeeze

Friday

Florence and the Machine

Tears for Fears

Bananarama (Big Top)

Saturday

Coldplay

Catherine McGrath

Brian Wilson (Big Top)

Sunday

Muse

Streets

Simple Minds

Human League (Big Top)

Thoughts..............................................................................

Coldplay won't be there next year as they are not touring till 2021 till the latest. Muse is a possibility because they are touring next year. I don't know about Florence and the machine.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AMBEV said:

Elton John is doing Cardiff on the Saturday. 

Killers did Swansea on the Saturday this year. 

#justsaying. 

did they also do Hove on the south coast near to IoW the week before? :P

For me, that rules Elton out, along with the fact there's going to be many more dates around the UK. IoW tries to swerve acts who have nearby competing shows.

Having said that, you might be right after all. Elton on his last tour is something quite different to other acts who might have competing shows.

So these are the acts I think could be there.

Bob Dylan (Headliner) - Its been 50 years since he was last there and John Giddings (festival organiser) tweeted about how cool it would be to have him there in 2019. 

Elton John (Headliner) - He's on his farewell tour and I can't see him Headlining Glastonbury so he's probably either going to headline here or British Summer Time in Hyde park.

Foals (Co Headliner) - They are most defiantly going to play one or two of the big British festivals this summer, of course Isle Of Wight could be a contender but if I had to put a bet on it I'd probably bet they are going to play TRNSMT in Glasgow or maybe sub-headline Glasto.

Florence & The Machine (Co Headliner) - She's going on tour in early 2019 and she would be perfect for Isle Of Wight. I can't see her doing Reading and Leeds or Glasto but she is also an option for latitude but that doesn't mean she couldn't perform at both (Like The Killers 2018)

Muse (Headliner) - I think muse have been rumoured for nearly every big festival in Britain but I think They're almost certainly going to be at Isle Of Wight, they haven't been there in a few years and they were made for Isle Of Wight fest.

Pet Shop Boys (Co Headliner) - I've seen a couple of rumours about Pet Shop Boys being there and they are the type of act to be there.

New Order (Sub Headliner or Thursday night Headliner)- Maybe I'm looking into it too much but on Instagram Isle Of Wight just posted a Photo of big top with the caption Blue Monday? a direct nod to the famous New Order song?

Snow Patrol (3rd from top) - They are defiantly going to be at one of the big festivals next year, and I can see it either being Isle Of Wight or TRNSMT.

Madness (3rd from top) - they're on tour next year and they're the type of act to be at Isle of Wight. It's also been a couple of years since they've been there.

The 1975 (Sub Headliner) - they're on Tour next year and they would defiantly bring in the younger crowd.

Dua lipa (4th From Top) - She might not be on tour next year but she would defiantly bring in the younger crowds and she's pretty much at here peak of popularity at the moment.

So with all this being said, I can see the line up being something like this

Thursday

New Order

Friday 

Bob Dylan

The 1975

Saturday

Florence + The Machine

Pet Shop Boys

Snow Patrol

Dua Lipa

Sunday

Muse

------------
Madness

Dua Lipa

For what it's worth here's my thoughts on 2019 and who won't (IMO) be appearing:

Elton - A Wembley headline show for the Farewell tour may be even his last ever Gig.

Artic Monkeys - Nailed on for Glasto

Phil Collins - Even though he is Gidding promoted last year would be have been a better bet ( can't see him touring into next summer)

Billy Joel - Think a BST if anything

Florence - a good shout but is she popular enough ?

Foos - Wont be touring next summer 

Fleetwood Mac - Been there done that ( Hello Glasto !)

Noel - Not headliner materal anymore

ELO - BST all the way

Def Leppard - Download HL

So that leaves a headling trio of ...

Pink and Muse

plus a Co Headlining  of 2 from Foals/Royal Blood/The XX/Snow Patrol/Biffy/1975/Catfish

Oh and of course Kasabian and James Walsh will be knocking around as usual !!

33 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

For what it's worth here's my thoughts on 2019 and who won't (IMO) be appearing:

Elton - A Wembley headline show for the Farewell tour may be even his last ever Gig.

Phil Collins - Even though he is Gidding promoted last year would be have been a better bet ( can't see him touring into next summer)

ELO - BST all the way

Pink and Muse

plus a Co Headlining  of 2 from Foals/Royal Blood/The XX/Snow Patrol/Biffy/1975/Catfish

Agree with most of that, although I'm not 100% sure where you've got pink from. I can't see Royal Blood co-headlining but I reckon they might be there. Kasabian will 100% not be there as they were Headlining this year.

I heard P!nk was rumoured for next year, this year whilst we were at the festival. I think her tour is in Europe next year. I think also Cher is over here next year s she is a possible depending on Glasto.

Think it will be either P!ink or Florence. Really hope Muse, Imagine Dragons and Phonics are there :-D 

On 9/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, countingcrow said:

ELO - BST all the way

Pink and Muse

Arctics are nowhere near for being nailed on. There are way bigger rumours for Glasto compared to Arctics. They could easily do R&L instead. I do believe they will do Glasto in the next few years (maybe 2019) but not nailed on at all. I'm hoping for them for Glasto but have to wait and see. 

Don't think I've predicted more than headliners for this for a few years. So here goes, with extreme prejudice:

Thu: James
Fri: MUSE, Lenny Kravitz, Hozier, Franz Ferdinand / BT: Plan B
Sat: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, FOALS, The Vaccines, Blondie / BT: Groove Armada
Sun: ELTON JOHN, George Ezra, Jess Glynne, Spandau Ballet / BT: Maximo Park

2 hours ago, AMBEV said:

Any one who says Noel isn’t a headliner is deluded.  Has the same if not more appeal as Liam.  Probably the same people that said depech mode should headline ?

Noel isn't headlining and at the top of his game there is only one festival that gave him the slot being T....and it was an awful decision. They probably decided to do it as being in Scotland there isn't as many big events around but he didn't even do any venue in Manchester as big as Liam did and I dare say he turned Glastonbury sub down too as I've no doubt that there was at least one year he's have been free to do it as he goes all the time....even if he did Friday so he could party Saturday and Sunday.

Right now Liam is streets ahead of Noel in sales, not saying that's always been the case been he's selling now he's doing Oasis stuff at fast at least as Noel did and he's not head up arsehole enough to now accept lower slots and realize what they can do for him.

The thing with Noel is that he crossed bills with Stereophonics a fair bit this year, who in addition to fare like Tramlines were also cropping up atop the bill at TRNSMT and Rize. Given they are - in principle - the like-for-like replacements for two of the UK's six biggest festival fixtures, I'd say that taking smaller headline gigs elsewhere doesn't necessarily rule you out of topping the bill elsewhere at a bigger event.

That being said, any festival that books Noel but not in the headline slot has likely got themselves an outrageously strong sub-headliner.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

The thing with Noel is that he crossed bills with Stereophonics a fair bit this year, who in addition to fare like Tramlines were also cropping up atop the bill at TRNSMT and Rize. Given they are - in principle - the like-for-like replacements for two of the UK's six biggest festival fixtures, I'd say that taking smaller headline gigs elsewhere doesn't necessarily rule you out of topping the bill elsewhere at a bigger event.

That being said, any festival that books Noel but not in the headline slot has likely got themselves an outrageously strong sub-headliner.

not sure I agree, he's not a headliner and if he's doing smaller festivals then he is a sub max at larger fests which his ego now doesn't seem to want to take. This is shown by the sheer amount of smaller one's he does as I can't see other fests not asking him to play but sub, he'll headline Tramlines but think Glasto should give him it or Reading. He knows he's not there for it anymore and never was solo but his ego stops him from accepting it, subbing Glasto could have done so much for him but he won't headline the weaker Rize day I doubt or sub Glasto provided Liam does next year as him doing it second isn't happening. Liam has already got higher at IOW by co-headlining it this year.

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

not sure I agree, he's not a headliner and if he's doing smaller festivals then he is a sub max at larger fests which his ego now doesn't seem to want to take. This is shown by the sheer amount of smaller one's he does as I can't see other fests not asking him to play but sub, he'll headline Tramlines but think Glasto should give him it or Reading. He knows he's not there for it anymore and never was solo but his ego stops him from accepting it, subbing Glasto could have done so much for him but he won't headline the weaker Rize day I doubt or sub Glasto provided Liam does next year as him doing it second isn't happening. Liam has already got higher at IOW by co-headlining it this year.

In all fairness on the IOW front, he subbed Springsteen. There aren't many bigger live pulls than Springsteen and Noel is a noted admirer. Could have easily been the lure of playing on the same bill as a hero that convinced him to accept.

Could the Sheeranator be in the mix for this? He's doing stadia in Leeds and Ipswich next summer, so geographically, IOW could be good for him. Glasto and R+L not happening for him in '19, so he may want to tick this one off and the fest has form in splashing the cash.

Not a fan myself, so kind of hoping not. Not enough stages at IOW to guarantee a good alternative to headliners I'm not into.