Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I just don’t think he’d accept it. Or they’d have to pay a headline fee to get him, otherwise any old place would be having at him - much like Van.

Perhaps. But this is a man who last year played Bournemouth International Centre (capacity 4000) so any claims to headliner status need to be scrutinised. But it's a fair point - I wonder why despite all the touring he does, he stays away from the festival scene.

Maybe he could do a Liam style 'headliner in name only' thing and sub.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, galbani said:

Does it matter?

Look at the lineup. Think about the whole experience. Think about the cost and the hassle getting there.

Buy a ticket, go and enjoy.

Or don't.

It's a nice, relaxed, chilled out festival.

Does the heritage matter? Does any modern festival really have 'heritage'? The bottom line is they are commercial ventures and you buy a slice or you don't.

This

On 10/19/2018 at 9:34 AM, Henrik said:

IOW is by far the worst festival I've ever been to. Not much of an atmosphere at all. It's mostly elderly people who are quite happy to make a line of deckchairs 4 any good festivals around nowadays - I'm surprised IOW is still going tbh 

Ha, we love our deckchairs and a nice cuppa char as we listen to the funky sounds and lust over wimen.

i hope to see your there in the future.

24 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Could Fleetwood Mac return? They played 4 years ago now and they just announced a gig at Wembley same weekend as IOW so they are in the country? It's unlikely but just a thought

I would imagine IOW bust the bank booking them in 2015, so would be reluctant to do so again especially with the departure of Lindsey Buckingham.

my money would be on the Eagles headlining. 

4 hours ago, galbani said:

Yes. Never had a problem...

But not drinks - except a 500ml bottle of water, that they want to see the seal unbroken.

It is possible to sneak drinks in tho. Just need to be.... inventive.

A sacrificial can can work wonders, one easy to find can of beer distracts attention from anything else you have.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, galbani said:

Yes. Never had a problem...

But not drinks - except a 500ml bottle of water, that they want to see the seal unbroken.

It is possible to sneak drinks in tho. Just need to be.... inventive.

A sacrificial can can work wonders, one easy to find can of beer distracts attention from anything else you have.

4 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Do people think that Biffy Clyro could be a potential band to be there? I would love to see them and wondered what other people thought on the idea and odds? 

If they're on tour, its certainly possible. They were there in 2012 second below Pearl Jam and did the business. I'm sure they'd be welcome back.

When do we usually get an IOW announcement? Find it well hard to predict. Could see anyone headlining from Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Foals, Muse, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Eagles, Maroon 5 off the top of my head. Probs a load more if I thought about it, too.

P!nk maybe ruled out because of her Wembley dates? Maybe even Muse, too.

18 hours ago, maelzoid said:

If they're on tour, its certainly possible. They were there in 2012 second below Pearl Jam and did the business. I'm sure they'd be welcome back.

Co-headlined in 2014, too.

26 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

When do we usually get an IOW announcement? Find it well hard to predict. Could see anyone headlining from Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Foals, Muse, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Eagles, Maroon 5 off the top of my head. Probs a load more if I thought about it, too.

P!nk maybe ruled out because of her Wembley dates? Maybe even Muse, too.

Pretty sure the first one comes November to early December.

Yeah I think Muse, Eagles and Pink will be ruled out by stadium dates. Possibly Elton too, but they might make an exception to get him on the final tour. I read that Phil Collins is due to hit Europe again next summer but I'm not sure bout him playing this if he hasn't on the last couple of summers. Bon Jovi announcement should be next week so I reckon that'll be stadiums too.

Going fer Maroon 5, Flo & Foals and Elton at this point.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty sure the first one comes November to early December.

Yeah I think Muse, Eagles and Pink will be ruled out by stadium dates. Possibly Elton too, but they might make an exception to get him on the final tour. I read that Phil Collins is due to hit Europe again next summer but I'm not sure bout him playing this if he hasn't on the last couple of summers. Bon Jovi announcement should be next week so I reckon that'll be stadiums too.

Going fer Maroon 5, Flo & Foals and Elton at this point.

Ah yeah I completely forgot about Eagles doing Wembley, too.