Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

53 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Yes, I’m wondering if I want quiet or family. 

You've been before, right? Any experience of either? What appeals to me is there looks to be a little wooded area in front of the Quiet Camping, which would actually make it quite quiet but without seeing it I can't tell. 

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

Yes, I’m wondering if I want quiet or family. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You've been before, right? Any experience of either? What appeals to me is there looks to be a little wooded area in front of the Quiet Camping, which would actually make it quite quiet but without seeing it I can't tell. 

I was wondering the same thing, though I expect "quiet" to actually mean "less noisy" and does it just mean that it's easier to hear people snoring? 

How noisy does the general camping get, is it different in different fields? 

I'll probably just make it up on the day.

I’ve not been before and am going with my 12 year old. Quiet camping usually means  quiet camping like the quiet carriage in a train. No music, no talking after dark, no parties etc. 

However Family camping is usually full of children that a) don’t get pissed and party, but they do cry at night and wake up noisily in the mornings. 

Like Losing My Hair says, ill just end up making up on the day - depending on my car parking position and available space. 

The greenman.net website has its own little forum and they are arranging a meet (newbies welcome apparently). Scroll right down to the bottom of the homepage to find the forum. I've recently joined (it takes a while) but I reckon a few people on there also post here.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Where and when are they meeting?

From the forum:

"So WHERE and WHEN? 

At there's a lot going on in the Far Out tent on the Thursday evening with the Lost Map birthday celebrations etc., we propose to meet there.

We'll be outside the END UP BAR, which is the bar adjacent to the Far Out tent, and we'll be somewhere near the corner of the bar furthest away from the tent itself.

Start time is 5pm, but don't worry if you're not set-up and roaming the site by then as we’ll be there for a few hours - so just pop along when you can." 

18 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

From the forum:

"So WHERE and WHEN? 

At there's a lot going on in the Far Out tent on the Thursday evening with the Lost Map birthday celebrations etc., we propose to meet there.

We'll be outside the END UP BAR, which is the bar adjacent to the Far Out tent, and we'll be somewhere near the corner of the bar furthest away from the tent itself.

Start time is 5pm, but don't worry if you're not set-up and roaming the site by then as we’ll be there for a few hours - so just pop along when you can." 

I'll aim to join you.  May have my now very faded Grumpyhack T shirt

Probably a bit cheeky to crash someone else's forum meet without at least posting there as well first, but it sounds like a good area for it if you wanted to do a separate Efests meet anyway. I always try to go to these things and then chicken out/get distracted but will try my best! A few bands I'm interested in seeing in that area so will be round there anyway.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Probably a bit cheeky to crash someone else's forum meet without at least posting there as well first, but it sounds like a good area for it if you wanted to do a separate Efests meet anyway.

I don't think you need to worry about that too much.  There's going to be folk like myself (and now yourself from what I read above) who belong/post to both forums, and there's no big problem about being in the same place/time. Just makes it easier not having to flit between 2 meet-ups. And I've seen there are a few GM newbies/singles who have been encouraged to come to the GM Forum meet-up, so same should apply for here as well.

20 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

According to Clashfinder he clashes with Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - life is just a bummer

Kevin Morby vs. RBCF would be just about my worst clash of this year's festivals for me. I've seen both of them a number of times, but that doesn't make it any easier.  Hopefully it works out that they don't clash.

2 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

I don't think you need to worry about that too much.  There's going to be folk like myself (and now yourself from what I read above) who belong/post to both forums, and there's no big problem about being in the same place/time. Just makes it easier not having to flit between 2 meet-ups. And I've seen there are a few GM newbies/singles who have been encouraged to come to the GM Forum meet-up, so same should apply for here as well.

Cool glad to hear it! Just didn't want to step on any toes being a newbie :) Everyone seems very friendly.

For those asking about quiet camping, the best place would be the settlers field although this is a long walk from the main orange car park. 

They've also been increasing the number of settlers year on year. When we first started doing it there was still loads of room when Thursday came around, now it gets reasonably full on the Monday.

It's always quiet there at night, although you can still hear the main stage.

I'll be there on the Monday so will try and remember to post set times then.

1 minute ago, benali said:

For those asking about quiet camping, the best place would be the settlers field although this is a long walk from the main orange car park. 

They've also been increasing the number of settlers year on year. When we first started doing it there was still loads of room when Thursday came around, now it gets reasonably full on the Monday.

It's always quiet there at night, although you can still hear the main stage.

I'll be there on the Monday so will try and remember to post set times then.

Ah I assumed settlers camping was just for settlers! Didn't realise that was another option. As others have said, will likely just play by ear on the day but good to know options.