Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

big old circle around Susanne Sundfor

Agreed (was on holiday in Norway last week with the family and had her on the playlist in the car a lot).  Big circles also for Kevin Morby and RBCF (and running shoes on to get between them). Also Marlon Williams.  Of acts I've not seen, am probably looking forward to Follakzoid the most.

3 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Hi Benali, a lot of people (me included) will be very happy with all that.  Can I possibly extend you to posting the site map as GM don't seem to have put it up on the internet yet and I'd to check for any changes as I given directions to friends based on last year's map.

Here you go. Looks pretty similar to last year. They've tweaked a few things at the settlers box office which has moved the other side of the road bit towards the car park. Plus you can't cut through the campervan field anymore, it's all fenced off. 

IMG_20180813_170813.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Just nicked some ear plugs from work.... Told the daughter to start a clothing pile..... Thinking about making a downstairs camping pile this evening.... 

Started our pile last night. Bit of a challenge this year as we recently moved and our camping stuff is still in random locations all over the flat...

16 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Started mine last night too. If weather forecast is accurate (light rain Sunday morning otherwise dry) at least the heavy duty waterproofs, wellies etc can stay in the cupboard.

You're leaving the wellies behind completely? Braver than me! Mind you, I don't have much to wear that's between non-waterproof trainers and wellies as an alternative...

That rain keeps getting pushed back, pleasingly...

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're leaving the wellies behind completely? Braver than me! Mind you, I don't have much to wear that's between non-waterproof trainers and wellies as an alternative...

That rain keeps getting pushed back, pleasingly...

I hate wellies anyway so just taking walking boots. The problem with doing it solo and making the, probably ridiculous, decision to use the park & ride means that pretty much everything has to go in or be attached to my rucksack and wellies are just too much trouble.

11 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I hate wellies anyway so just taking walking boots. The problem with doing it solo and making the, probably ridiculous, decision to use the park & ride means that pretty much everything has to go in or be attached to my rucksack and wellies are just too much trouble.

I hear that - bloody hate wellies. Can't dance in them either!!

Fair enough. I don't own walking boots and I don't think my Converse are up to the job for rain so will have to bring mine. I always just interlock them and tie them to the top of rucksack (they do fall off a fair bit though). Mind you I've never hated them as much as most people seem to - mine are comfy!

Hopefully won't need them much anyway...

Cheers @benali for the set times! Happy Snail mail and Lemon twigs aren’t clashing, will probably miss the last 5/10 mins of Lemon twigs. 

Hoping to arrive around 2 on Thursday, should I expect big queues getting in? Also what are queues like for showers? Are there any food/drink vans in the campsites? ( Cheers to anyone who answered my last bunch on Questions) ! 

Always take wellies hopefully not needed but I actually like wearing them as whenever I do I’m at a festival ?

Right, I've made a list. Leaving packing to last think tomorrow when I've got more idea of the weather.

I'm going to leave the wellies in the car in case it gets really terrible, but hoping I can just do walking boots all weekend for 'dodgy ankle' purposes.