Whats your piles looking like ?

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have a friend who, along with his siblings, was told to just stare in to the corner of a room for hours, while his mom cavorted with her husbands brother, or some such. It's rare that this bloke opens up, but he blew my mind with the tales of his childhood. Sorry if that sounds like a downer, it's just that your photo triggered that memory in my mind. You'll be pleased to know that he turned out to be a charming man. 

Surely a set up for this!

:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my cash and tickets and temporary tattoos pile that I am bringing to give out pile and my stuff pile(s) which includes a pile of socks of various heaviness but all smart wool socks- and my wellies in a compression sack. If you see someone at the Festival handing out these, it is most likely me. :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 7.10.10 PM.png

Edited by JacquelineS

5 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I have my cash and tickets and temporary tattoos pile that I am bringing to give out pile and my stuff pile(s) which includes a pile of socks of various heaviness but all smart wool socks- and my wellies in a compression sack. If you see someone at the Festival handing out these, it is most likely me. :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 7.10.10 PM.png

Hello Jacqueline S,

Nice idea to bring along and give away temporary tattoos. Have you created your own designs or have you bought the tattoos off the shelf? I bought some temporary tattoo printing paper years ago, but never got around to creating any tattoos. I think I know where that paper is, so might create a temporary tattoo for myself. Now to have a think about a design. That's got me thinking. Now look what you have done! :)

5 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Ooh I've got a nice pile at home that I'm going to pack tonight. I'll take some before/after photos :danced:

Hello MetaKate - There's another good idea - this thread needs some before and after photos. I've managed to get a few items together but am a long way off completing the pile. I'm crap at getting photos I have taken on to this site, but will give it a go. :)

57 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Jacqueline S,

Nice idea to bring along and give away temporary tattoos. Have you created your own designs or have you bought the tattoos off the shelf? I bought some temporary tattoo printing paper years ago, but never got around to creating any tattoos. I think I know where that paper is, so might create a temporary tattoo for myself. Now to have a think about a design. That's got me thinking. Now look what you have done! :)

Hi Yoghurt on a Stick, 

I bought them from a company here in Canada that makes promotional Temporary Tattoos for companies and schools. The colourful maple leaf is an official logo of Canada 150.  Incidentally, I showed them to my Boss who then had me order a bunch with our Club logo to give out at Stampede.

P.S. These are actually only 1.5 x 1.5 inches big not the gargantuan size in the photo. 

23 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

Hi Yoghurt on a Stick, 

I bought them from a company here in Canada that makes promotional Temporary Tattoos for companies and schools. The colourful maple leaf is an official logo of Canada 150.  Incidentally, I showed them to my Boss who then had me order a bunch with our Club logo to give out at Stampede.

P.S. These are actually only 1.5 x 1.5 inches big not the gargantuan size in the photo. 

Thanks for the response. I'm still thinking about designs this end. I'd never have a real tattoo, but could  handle a temporary one.

I've got 2 going on, the mucky stuff in the garage, tents, chairs, boots, and then the clean stuff in the spare room, sleeping bag, pillow, clothes.  Crates of cider are already in Pilton!

On holiday next week so getting prepared early this year, just need to get food stuff and I'm done.

I one pile currently which consists of booze and porridge pots.

I did get my rucksack down at the weekend so that's currently in the spare room. I'll start my clothes piles this week sometime.

Tent, sleeping bags, camp bed all at the parents so shall collect that at the weekend in readiness to drop at my mates house to all be put in his caravan ready.

Hopefully my other sort of piles don't turn up :lol:

My "before" pile. I have taken everything I need and put it in one big pile on top of the bag it'll all be going in. I leave tomorrow so this will need to be handled today. Obviously I will also be taking a tent and wellies but my tent is waiting for my in the UK and unfortunately I had to wear my wellies yesterday.  

I still have so much to do and only 24hours to do it.

I DON'T KNOW IF I'M STRESSED OR EXCITED :pardon:

rot_90575dcf-bbd5-4487-9e8b-55f05cae9f17.jpg

Edited by MetaKate

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How are you taking the fireplace ? :) ^^

Oh you can't see but I have a carrying case for it with straps. It's a bit difficult when you put it on your back because I'm only short but if I really lean forward I can make some progress. Too bad it's an essential for me. Absolutely cannot live without it. 

(The throw pillows and the guitar:( are staying home as well) 

Done a repack since the new annoucement. Used the opportunity for some piles pics. Going by coach so having to travel light but still means a fair bit of gear.

All the stuff piled ready to go.

IMG_1110.thumb.JPG.0b3c0b76a92dbe6aff4b5cac258534bb.JPG

In bags ready for transport, the big bag will be separated into two handsize carry bags for balance purposes once I'm through the gate.

IMG_1111.thumb.JPG.8f4404a0eb4ce5342e15b36984b70c5f.JPG

As promised an "after" photo. I'm currently waiting in the airport to go to London and then Croatia! My bag is heavy af so there's a lot of things that need to be removed before glasto (I.e. toiletries, bathing suits) but the majority of it will be seeing glasto. I just need to add in some snacks alcohol and my tent and I'm all set. 

IT'S HAPPENING :sungum::sungum::sungum:

rot_7eabfb8b-4a89-45b6-9223-2c38d9d354ad.jpg

Chucked the 20 cans of Red Bull Zero and 40 cans of M&S cocktails in the boot of my car today. My pile is starting to get a hell of a lot more organised.

Also got some ziplock bags to start putting clothes, as well as loose bits and pieces in. Always a good shout as everything stays clean in the tent. Anything in a zip lock bag is good to go, anything in the dustbin liner is ready to go back to the car.

This year my mate has been stupid and paid for off-site showers and hair styling facilities... So she's volunteered herself to nip back via the car (we're aiming for the orange car parks on Tues evening), to drop off any dirty stuff and to pick up booze.