Don't vote Tory

dimus

9 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Would you like a wager as to how far wrong you are ? We can set up a charity bet, or find a neutral moderator, whatever it takes to put you in your place sunshine. I'm going to make the biggest fool out of you, so much that you'll make Jezzas mate above, waterfalls, look like Carl Sagan. 

So what's it to be, stud, money where your mouth is, or being a keyboard warrior shithouse who can only resort to school ground insults? 

Now how on earth is that going to work?  Think about it?  Who on earth is a "neutral" moderator?

As for insults can you show me where I insulted anyone? 

Your insult, on the other hand,  can be found in your final paragraph :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

dawkins.jpg

Who on Earth is that outdated old Islamophobe who published a very popular, if not groundbreaking book in the mid-1970s, but whose gene-centric ideas have been superseded by a modern synthesis which takes into account genetic assimilation, environmental adaptation & species flexibility, amongst other things. Who is that old man? 

3 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

It wouldn't worry me in the least as I'm not a Tory. I don't think you've quite grasped that yet have you.

and you didnt grasp the point of my post it seems, tory or not if your going to dig up shit from the past do it for all (not just Jeremy corbyn) or do one, same principals should apply to all in a debate do you not understand that?  if it doesnt bother you to have such things dug up then why do people like you only ever mention stuff like that with regards to one man and one party? Pretty see-through mate to be honest. Yeah yeah it `doesnt bother you` if people apply the same morality policing to the tory party etc as they try to do to jeramy corbyn....you just never fucking do it....but it doesnt bother you! thats ok then lol

3 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

He couldn't grasp his own dick in a pissing contest.

When you find yours pal, im all for the competition. :P

10 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

and you didnt grasp the point of my post it seems, tory or not if your going to dig up shit from the past do it for all (not just Jeremy corbyn) or do one, same principals should apply to all in a debate do you not understand that?  if it doesnt bother you to have such things dug up then why do people like you only ever mention stuff like that with regards to one man and one party? Pretty see-through mate to be honest. Yeah yeah it `doesnt bother you` if people apply the same morality policing to the tory party etc as they try to do to jeramy corbyn....you just never fucking do it....but it doesnt bother you! thats ok then lol

Name the stage or field and I'll be there hitching up my kilt. :P

2 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Who on Earth is that outdated old Islamophobe who published a very popular, if not groundbreaking book in the mid-1970s, but whose gene-centric ideas have been superseded by a modern synthesis which takes into account genetic assimilation, environmental adaptation & species flexibility, amongst other things. Who is that old man? 

Nope, sorry I still don't know.

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

ANGER_Render.png

Just now, Ommadawn said:

ANGER_Render.png

ah the fall back position of anyone made to look a tit......`your to angry mate` `your to angry`.....no im not im laughing at you....you sound an absolute prat......care to tell me where in my post to you previously I called you a tory by the way as you were claiming? that was my whole point, you didnt even bother to read what you were replying to, made an assumption and looked a dick....so if we`re doing inside out memes im more like happy.jpg.bd7cbb5100f9568eade80ce5bae5a7a1.jpg

Right now....as your entire argument is laughable :P

12 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

You mind filling me in on Corbyn and the IRA then? My, perhaps naive and simplistic view was he was trying to talk to both sides to find a resolution? And that he helped work towards a peace treaty. Is that off the mark?

I was trying to make no point about Corbyn. I was making the point that shit defences of what gets said about Corbyn were being offered.

12 hours ago, zahidf said:

Sooooo you are saying Corbyn wasnt trying to reach a peace accord?

No, I was saying that those were really shit arguments against what gets said about Corbyn.

Comparing a lowly councillor with someone who wants to be PM is laughable. 

10 hours ago, Teddington said:

Coudln't disagree with you more on this, and this is the primary reason I am not voting Conservative (though there are a couple of others).

There is nothing more natural in the world than wanting to pass on things to your children, be that advice, morals or money (which can give both security and opportunity).  This, imo, is a Darwinian trait that goes way further than our current political leanings.

I don't disagree with the idea that parents want to do it (with money). It doesn't get to mean it's right.

But I'd like to point out it's no longer anything about parents wanting their kids to benefit from it. It's now (mostly) about gifting their retired and comfortable old age pensioners offspring with money they've no need of. It's a part of a reason why the oldies have all the money and youngsters can't get any.

Care to tell me why some people should get a freebie in life, rather than contribute their own efforts into society?

If we're ever to have anything resembling a meritocracy, where the efforts someone makes for themselves are what benefits them, then inheritance has to end.

Put simply (and in my sig): inheritance is the engine of inequality.

Sure, you could argue that the recipient gets the "prize" through an act of chance, but isn't that true with everything in life?

Their genes, the country they were born in, the relationship that their parents have with both each other and them.

Once you go down this route where do you draw the line?   Which bits of the above lottery do you seek to alter?  If only money what about the others?

Crap arguments. :lol:

We can't stop murders happening but it doesn't get to mean we say that makes murder OK..

Those others might not be able to be changed. Inheritance can be changed. 

Change what is wrong and can be changed.

Onto a more practical matter.

Two people earning the same money, sake of argument £40k a year.   One decides to live a frugal life, spends within their means, buys a house, makes shrewd investments, retires with a house paid off and enough money in the bank to reap the reward for their ealier sacrifices.

The other blows everything on fast cars, holidays, gadgets etc makes no provision for retirement.  Retires with zilch in the bank, and the state has to house/feed/provide benefits.

Why should person A be penalised for doing the right thing?  If anything they should be rewarded for saving the state money in their old age.

Person A is not penalised. Person A is dead. Person A has no need of it. :rolleyes:

If person A wanted his kids to have it, why hasn't he given it to his kids? :rolleyes:

Inheritance is nothing about provision for retirement. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Popped in to have a look at what is being said about your upcoming election.

Good to see religion and politics are debated in the same calm, level headed way in the UK as it is here in Australia.

Back to the music threads for me.

yes we are a passionate lot although I would never dip a toe in a religion thread that would get way too violent for me.  I must say that I have learnt quite a bit reading all the posts on here and good to know that more and more young people  (I'm assuming maybe wrongly that majority of the posters are under 30 )taking such a big interest in politics.

For far too long elections have not been focused enough for the younger generation to want to head out on polling day and rather than offspring just following in parents opinions they are questioning those decisions.

Passion is one thing and having someone debate their arguments in a non abusive manner and calling someone every 4 letter expletive as their view points differ is another.

I was always told if someone gets abusive their argument is lost 

Thankfully we can do this whether slinging cheap shots or having a good strong debate as some countries aren't so privileged 

14 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Popped in to have a look at what is being said about your upcoming election.

Good to see religion and politics are debated in the same calm, level headed way in the UK as it is here in Australia.

Back to the music threads for me.

I usually try to debate stuff in a calm level headed way, but I also am fine with people getting passionate and angry- I never get why passion is seen as a bad thing, like I said a few days ago it sometimes helps me understand a bit more about the impact of my words and how important an issue is for someone. Emotion is an important source of information!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I usually try to debate stuff in a calm level headed way, but I also am fine with people getting passionate and angry- I never get why passion is seen as a bad thing, like I said a few days ago it sometimes helps me understand a bit more about the impact of my words and how important an issue is for someone. Emotion is an important source of information!

passionate and angry is fine.

Being too angry to think is less fine. Not thinking at all not at all.

Edited by eFestivals

I was at Glastonbury last year when the Brexit bombshell hit, and will be there this year for the election.

In Australia, I have switched off from party politics, I just can no longer abide the bullshit, it really has hit new lows over here,

It may sound odd, but at least from afar, I would love to see someone like Corbyn here, someone who strikes me as a guy trying at least to rise above the polarities of party politics, and make a stand for human decency, win office.(maybe that's changed - I don't really keep up)

Anyway, I hope he gets in.