Non-essential essentials

MetaKate

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I always take olay daily facials when travelling (soap infused wipes) as they really make you feel clean even if you only have a bit of cold water. But I wonder if you can diy this by wetting a new flannel in distilled water and rubbing soap on it.. dry it out and reanimate in water at the festival?

I also love those lemony hot flannels you get at Indian restaurants, thinking that putting a wet flannel in a food bag and dunking it in hot water would be a great diy option on grubby festival mornings. 

2 hours ago, Filthy_Luck said:

Wasn't a 100% sure where to post this (wouldn't say its a bargain or essential) but these draw on glow in dark t-shirts look pretty cool! Has anyone used these before? Look like they could be fun!

https://www.illuminatedapparel.co.uk/?gclid=CNTh29jE9tMCFcKfGwod65oE_g

I'd say this is essential... essential that I don't bring one

3 hours ago, Filthy_Luck said:

Wasn't a 100% sure where to post this (wouldn't say its a bargain or essential) but these draw on glow in dark t-shirts look pretty cool! Has anyone used these before? Look like they could be fun!

https://www.illuminatedapparel.co.uk/?gclid=CNTh29jE9tMCFcKfGwod65oE_g

I think I read somewhere that the glow only lasts for a few minutes before you have to redo it... Could end up being forgotten after the third mojito 

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I think I read somewhere that the glow only lasts for a few minutes before you have to redo it... Could end up being forgotten after the third mojito 

Yeah was my concern after fully checking out the site. Sure there are plenty of other (probably cheaper) options out there glowing/making people smile! Thanks. 

Started buying all sorts for essential crap I don't really need:

• EL Wire (just because I like stuff like that)
  • Travel Johns (Really are essential for 1st thing in the morning when its muddy out and the toilet queue is a mile long)
  • £1 shop ground sheet (Old one fell apart in last years mud after about 5 years service) 
  • Space blankets (Sure I still have some from last year i didn't use)
  • Vitamin supplements (To help with the morning after but will probably forget to take)
  • Big bag of mini marshmallows (Amazing when you are suffering munchies)
Edited by I am Jon

49 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Started buying all sorts for essential crap I don't really need:

• EL Wire (just because I like stuff like that)
  • Travel Johns (Really are essential for 1st thing in the morning when its muddy out and the toilet queue is a mile long)
  • £1 shop ground sheet (Old one fell apart in last years mud after about 5 years service) 
  • Space blankets (Sure I still have some from last year i didn't use)
  • Vitamin supplements (To help with the morning after but will probably forget to take)
  • Big bag of mini marshmallows (Amazing when you are suffering munchies)

Its essential to buy new space blankets every year, and then never use them.

Anyone got any experience of glow in the dark face paints to use for those late night raves? My friends and I are going to dress up in as much neon/fluorescent stuff as poss but not sure if glow in the dark stuff like these paints - https://www.amazon.co.uk/UV-Glow-Neon-Paint-Tubes/dp/B00OJ3DT4I/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1495040172&sr=1-5&keywords=glow+in+the+dark+face+paint

are correct? They only work if there is UV light. Is there enough of that at Glasto for them to work all the time in the tents and SE corner/Arcadia etc? Any thoughts would be appreciated :D

48 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I've not used that brand that you posted but www.paintglow.com do a neon uv glow body paints so they would be neon glow in the day then uv when uv...

They found it in tubes and pens which would be easier to pattern/write/whatever

I've got loads of their glitter stuff because it's hypoallergenic so no itchy rash and it's waterproof but comes off with baby wipes so winwin. 

Hope this helps 

www.paintglow.com

Edit again: they do specific glow in the dark ones too so doesn't even need uv!

Nice one cheers! It looks perfect for the sort of stuff we want to do. From your exp does it last long during the day/night if you're partying and raving etc?

18 minutes ago, MrTambourineManc said:

I'm thinking of taking a new hat this year. This Henry VIII one takes my fancy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiffys-24472-Henry-VIII-Size/dp/B00TUZ0EDE

That's a good hat. I like it a lot.

I've bought two novelty hats because I couldn't decide.

s-l140.jpgs-l140.jpg

The communist one is much better quality (and was more expensive!), but I don't like the way it sits on my head. I'll probably take both and lose both before Thursday.

3 minutes ago, Untz said:

s-l140.jpgs-l140.jpg

The communist one is much better quality (and was more expensive!), but I don't like the way it sits on my head. I'll probably take both and lose both before Thursday.

My mate has worn that green Communist one for about the last 5 Glasto's. It's a good one. Don't know how he hasn't lost it - last year he managed to lose his wellies and day bag pissed on the first night!

2 minutes ago, MrTambourineManc said:

My mate has worn that green Communist one for about the last 5 Glasto's. It's a good one. Don't know how he hasn't lost it - last year he managed to lose his wellies and day bag pissed on the first night!

Oh man, the amount of stuff I've lost on the first night. Particularly glasses/sunglasses.

I actually had the same hat (similar to the marine one posted above) for 6 festivals before I had to throw it away so there is some hope.

15 hours ago, Untz said:

s-l140.jpgs-l140.jpg

where'd you get the hats from?

• 3 weeks later...