ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One hand it's a bit of a gamble as they're a long way from being a household name and probably unproven at attracting large crowds.

On the other hand, they should be providing grime with a large platform(s), and if it gets up the noses of died in the wool traditionalists then I'm all for it.

My read is the regular as clockwork foot on the scales for Sunday Pyramid headliner. 

Its my first time here, but here's a more recent set from BBK. Also they headlined wireless last year yes I know its "only wireless". But still a big festival in its own right & genre. 

I was surprised about them being announced as other stage headliners. But I'm personally buzzing about it!

Either way, as we all know - its Glastonbury! They'll be plenty more to go find and explore. I'm personally a little gutted that I never not want to see a headliner so I can go do that "headliners exploration"

41 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

why is she listed after the 3 most likely subs on the poster so? if she's going to sub, then the placing of one of The XX, The National and Biffy Clyro makes no sense.

A. She's bigger than those three.

B. She plays arenas, two of those do not.

C. Poster positioning at this stage means the square root of bugger all.

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Great booking tbh, even if I am cross The National aren't getting the golden Sunday Other headliner slot. We all like to neg on Glastonbury for not taking risks with the Pyramid headliners, but they do get quite creative with the undercard and it's worth pointing it out.

I'm probably not going to be there. I did enjoy Skepta a lot last year, and I'd probably go along if it was a Pyramid sub, but I like finishing the night at West Holts, and there's a high chance of Justice there. Don't know much about Grime, but it's a live genre really isn't it? I mostly listen to music in album format, I'm not going to sit there for 40 minutes with my headphones on listening to those same fast beats and flow. Grime doesn't do albums and production in the same way that other hip-hop does, so I don't listen to a lot of it.

At its core its a dance genre. The MCs get more attention than dnb/garage MCs, but ultimately they're doing the same job. Grime MCs have pushed themselves into the limelight a lot more, but lyrically it hasn't developed to the same standards as hip hop yet, but it isn't really trying to. I'm hoping there'll be more on offer from the instrumental side of grime, because beats > MCs imo. People like Sir Spyro, Oil Gang, Boylan, Plastician etc.

23 hours ago, Charm said:

I've never heard of them either so I had a look on YouTube and found this, the crowd looked like they were enjoying it so I'm sure it will be great for some but I can safely say I won't be there. 
Charm x

Ah yes thanks for this, you saved me a googleing!

As much as I'm sure I'd enjoy their lyrics and be able to relate to them in many, many ways, I'll doubtlessly be wandering around elsewhere spannered and happy (Cinematic Orchestra hopefully!)

......'tis why I love the place so much!

Edited by smudger

On 5 April 2017 at 4:16 PM, jyoung said:

The comments like this, hahahaha. So ignorant and boring. Poor really. God forbid a genre of music finally be celebrated by the mainstream media and have the recognition it deserves. Like the tunes or not, when people talk about it like this, it is just so off the mark, its embarrassing. 

I like Grime to an extent, i'm not slagging it off. I'm saying that there are a lot of people who like it because it's the in thing, and for that reason it would make sense that the bookers would think it would succeed.

As said a lot, it's weird for them to clash with Ed. Enjoy it while they can get booked that high up, I imagine that come 2019 it's unlikely to happen again. 

• 1 month later...