BIG, big decision made. 2016 was 21 & 50 combined... It's time to hang up my Glastonbury gladrags.

beodeejay

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Haha I think I'm going to start role-playing just to mess with certain people's minds.....Start talking about moshing and pits see how many people freak out :P

Or you could just use loads of ellipses with more than three dots and a liberal sprinkling of `quotation marks`.

You've got nobody fooled, you crazy penguin!

I blame these gap years - take 2015 it was my 30th Anniversary of actual festivals but it was my 36th Anniversary from when I first started going and I only worked out the details after the festival so I missed celebrating

or perhaps I should start counting from 1981 { the very first year it was named Glastonbury Festival } in which case it would have been in 2016

I just give up trying to work out which year is a major Anniversary

all I know is I would never have managed to attend each year if it was not for the WBC.

I just keep on trucking even although I am 63.

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

Is this like when someone says they're quitting Facebook and then 3 months later they are back on Facebook? 

hahaha. :P

possibly - just venting a bit, and trying to convince myself my decision is final.

But one last visit, before the fallow year is tempting....   and then there is the big 2020 party...   ;)

4 minutes ago, beodeejay said:

hahaha. :P

possibly - just venting a bit, and trying to convince myself my decision is final.

But one last visit, before the fallow year is tempting....   and then there is the big 2020 party...   ;)

You're convincing nobody, let alone yourself! 

See you at the cider bus! 

Hard to choose best years as they're all lovely in different ways, but I loved the very hot year (2010?), and 2003 (took daughter for first time as 2 year old - that was a magical year).

I found last year really tough going. But still had a great time. Was gutted not to get our tickets last October and still not convinced I'll get them in the re-sale ... I do love it there though :wub:

23 hours ago, cidy said:

The hardest part is lugging my stuff in every year always take enough drink etc as like to do it on the cheap so to speak.

Thats always a mistake imo. Bring the extra few quid and drink from the bars. Bring a little bit with you for gigs obviously!

Most people I know who've stopped going or threatened to have cited "lugging all my stuff" as one of the reasons. You don't need to bring much.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Thats always a mistake imo. Bring the extra few quid and drink from the bars. Bring a little bit with you for gigs obviously!

Most people I know who've stopped going or threatened to have cited "lugging all my stuff" as one of the reasons. You don't need to bring much.

I don't take that much booze in with me anymore, few spirits decanted into plastic glasses and that's it. I treat the festival as a holiday and save up for it, if I want a pint I'll buy one.

Cans always go warm and crap anyway.

There was a moment last year, after sitting in traffic for approximately 12 hours (only to catch a glimpse of the fireworks from the car park) then traipsing for good knows how long through the car park, then through all the mud to get to the gate (must have taken an hour from the car, as with all your gear it was a genuine struggle to put one foot in front of the other and stay upright) that I turned to my wife and said... it's time to have a Kid!

it was a genuine low point when I questioned if I could do it again. Then you get there and forget all about it.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There was a moment last year, after sitting in traffic for approximately 12 hours (only to catch a glimpse of the fireworks from the car park) then traipsing for good knows how long through the car park, then through all the mud to get to the gate (must have taken an hour from the car, as with all your gear it was a genuine struggle to put one foot in front of the other and stay upright) that I turned to my wife and said... it's time to have Kid A!

...he did prayeth unto our Lord Eavi. And lo, in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen it was so. And on the Wednesday he rested.