Download 2018

Hart Attack

There's quite a lot of good bands on this lineup, for me. Plini is a really good listen. The fourth stage is looking good this year, it never usually appeals to me, but there's quite a lot there I would happily see. Can't really say the same for stuff that'll be on early Main though. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Greta Van Fleet who are doing the classic rock thing WAY better than any of those middle of the road bands on the main stage (Whiskey Myers. Inglorious, The Struts, Monster Truck) are playing second stage. Their singer is 21 years old and sounds like Robert Plant more than Robert Plant does these days.

If they're on really early in the afternoon, they're gonna drag a huge crowd. Their first tour over here sold out instantly and it seems they're actually being marketed in earnest as the next big rock band unlike other classic rock soundalike dudes who made it big such as Rival Sons and Airbourne, plus they're not getting the piss taken out of them as much as Wolfmother received either. Maybe it's a conscious decision to book them on second and have them on main next year. :lol:

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think Boston Manor should be any higher than opening main tbh and Marmozets should play higher but I don’t think they will. Some has been shite like Dragonforce will be higher up than Marmozets will in 2018 and that’s insane. 

All three of the other stages are looking great with lots of exciting younger bands playing. Greta Van Fleet who are doing the classic rock thing WAY better than any of those middle of the road bands on the main stage (Whiskey Myers. Inglorious, The Struts, Monster Truck) are playing second stage. Their singer is 21 years old and sounds like Robert Plant more than Robert Plant does these days. They should be playing the Main Stage for sure. Bury Tomorrow who are one of the best live bands the UK has should be playing Main stage after playing the Zippo last time out. Milk Teeth should be opening main stage. Even Neck Deep, the biggest name in UK Pop Punk, at this time or any other time, should be getting a crack at the Main Stage. Baroness are exactly the kind of band who should be getting exposed to as many people as they can on the Main Stage instead of being stuck headlining fourth stage (especially after having to play second against Death Punch last year), not has-beens like Cradle of Filth playing the Main Stage in 2018. 

I understand there needs to be a mix of bands playing, that’s why you have returning favourites like Hatebreed playing, and Black Stone Cherry and Volbeat.

The lineup for the stage just seems like a massive step back this year. 

Yeah my mate loves Dragonforce but says they aren't big at all these days. I was set for GNR but £100 for the day has changed my mind, especially when I paid less last year and had a great view and I won't this time round. If BM and Marmozets were Saturday then I'd go but atm I'd be turning up about 7pm.

Bury Tomorrow and such like aren't really for me.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah my mate loves Dragonforce but says they aren't big at all these days. I was set for GNR but £100 for the day has changed my mind, especially when I paid less last year and had a great view and I won't this time round. If BM and Marmozets were Saturday then I'd go but atm I'd be turning up about 7pm.

Bury Tomorrow and such like aren't really for me.

I totally understand why someone wouldn’t be willing to pay £100 for he GNR day with that undercard. 

That’s totally fair about BT if that isn’t your kind of thing, but I could almost guarantee that given the option of watching them live or watching one of Whiskey Myers, The Temperance Movement or one of the other bores, you would at least appreciate how exciting BT are to watch. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I totally understand why someone wouldn’t be willing to pay £100 for he GNR day with that undercard. 

That’s totally fair about BT if that isn’t your kind of thing, but I could almost guarantee that given the option of watching them live or watching one of Whiskey Myers, The Temperance Movement or one of the other bores, you would at least appreciate how exciting BT are to watch. 

If I didn't hsve a ticket last year I would but I feel they are heavily doing it based on GNR selling out day tickets, they probably will but it won't be instant. 

I'm glad JEW aren't there as I want to see them and Download would make it a pain. Tbh I'll probably wait for Volbeat, Marmozets and Boston seperate tours, or be hopeful two of them will tour together...the latter two probs 

36 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Could NOFX be the third Avalanche headliner? Or is that slot too small given they headlined 2nd only a couple of years ago?

I think that’s a bit too much of a step down, even if they were a small second stage headliner. I’m going for While She Sleeps. Get Cancer Bats subbing them and that’d be a good time. 

18 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Would they have While She Sleeps against Avenged Sevenfold? Make more sense to have something pop punkier I think. 

Would they have something pop punkier against YMAS? 

If its WSS or someone like BFS I think they'd close the stage early, but without having to do that I think someone like Pennywise or Bad Religion would work as a slightly older alternative to the other three headliners.

2 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

https:///s/dl2018/?user=0cli8g.g8

Just seen this, not sure who made it and I know the timings are a bit optimistic but it's interesting to see who they decided to go with for each day.  

That main stage on Sundays the best stage of the weekend in my opinion. About 5 acts one after another that I’d like to see 

Boston Manor fourth down on that :lol: 

Babymetal are subbing Parkway anyway. 

Anyway, having studied the lineup, here’s what I’m really looking forward to across all stages. Obviously there will be clashes but these are all bands I would make a big effort to see. 

Main: A7X, BFMV, Volbeat, GNR, Marilyn Manson, Boston Manor, Marmozets, Hatebreed. 

Zippo: YMAS (if it’s TOYC), Parkway Drive, Babymetal, Alexisonfire, Bury Tomorrow, Greta Van Fleet, Meshuggah. 

Avalanche: Neck Deep, Employed To Serve, Jamie Lenman, Less Than Jake, Mayday Parade, Milk Teeth, Puppy, Stick To Your Guns, Stray From The Path, WSTR. 

Dogtooth: Thy Art Is Murder, Higher Power, Knocked Loose, Rolo Tomassi, Zeal & Ardor. 

49 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

https:///s/dl2018/?user=0cli8g.g8

Just seen this, not sure who made it and I know the timings are a bit optimistic but it's interesting to see who they decided to go with for each day.  

This clashfinder is the most unrealistic thing I've seen since that fake list I posted for the lolz. 

• Like 1

I'm in the process of convincing my mates to not go to this but instead try to go to Jera on Air  in the Netherlands instead. The line up there is killer for me as they've pretty much got the same bands me and my mates want to see anyway (baring one or two) and quite a few more I'd see there (Enter Shikari & Touche Amore, yes please) and it's £130 less.

We were talking about doing Amsterdam or Download anyway but with this we can have the best of both. Just have to finally convince them now :lol:

Shame really as I've always wanted to do a Download weekend but this really the weakest line up I've seen for me (can understand why other people are loving it though).

Edited by justanothername