2019 Festival Move

Blank Expression

On 21/12/2016 at 3:33 PM, Tommy101 said:

I know that this is completely missing your point but MK is the least Glastonbury place in the world. No offence to any residents but the bowl is an artificial soulless hollow next to a soulless town. 

Back to your point I don't think that would work - R&L are very much a commercial outfit, benefit from economies of scale etc etc, having dual sites would very much detract from the Glastonbury USP in my opinion.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense. If they could separate themselves from the commerical side of it and convince the bands that they'd probably have a huge upsurge in album sales etc afterwards maybe? But then I guess other festivals would also be able to say this.

I don't know much about MK, but it sounds like a horrible place :lol:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

It's cows are arguably more famous than Worthy Farm's. 

Everyone allways goes on about the concrete cows but the concrete triceratops is the key player in the mk fabricated beast scene ( there is also a flat looking concrete rabbit as well)

1453726_ef00f5a3.jpg

4381503795_c432b229c9_m.jpg

Edited by rubenz

27 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Everyone allways goes on about the concrete cows but the concrete triceratops is the key player in the mk fabricated beast scene ( there is also a flat looking concrete rabbit as well)

1453726_ef00f5a3.jpg

Fuck me. It's Blackgang Chine on acid all over again!

I thought I was rid of the flashbacks!

13 hours ago, rubenz said:

1453726_ef00f5a3.jpg

A lot of boring cities seem to have a habit of creating fabricated beasts to make themselves appear more historic/interesting. The king of these is surely the Merlion of Singapore which looks like an ancient mythical creature from centuries old legends, but was actually created by the Singapore Tourist Board in the 1970s. It's now the emblem of arguably one of the most boring major cities on the planet....

SingOrch_Merlion_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Haven't heard anyone mention Blackgang Chine for absolutely ages haha! Used to love it there!

It's almost as shit as the IOW Festival. Although loved it as a kid. That and stuffing different coloured sand into a rubbish plastic lighthouse 'ornament' before being dragged round the Osbourne House Bore-off tour.  

Edited by Woffy

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 9:47 AM, Woffy said:

It's almost as shit as the IOW Festival. Although loved it as a kid. That and stuffing different coloured sand into a rubbish plastic lighthouse 'ornament' before being dragged round the Osbourne House Bore-off tour.  

Heh - its been many years since I've heard it mentioned too. In a way it was sort of my first ever enchanted 'theme park'-like experience which is sort of one of the things I like about Glasto - all those strings of lights going off into the distance and all those mad sculptures. Anyone remember the 'Mouth of Hell' kids slide thing there hidden amongst the bushes? Bit heavy for kids in a way but I loved that sort of thing. When I went as a kid in 1980 though its days were already numbered as a large section of it had already fallen down the erroding clifs. Its closed now isn't it? But I think that giant smuggler at the old entrance is still there?

On 24/12/2016 at 8:41 AM, arcade fireman said:

A lot of boring cities seem to have a habit of creating fabricated beasts to make themselves appear more historic/interesting. The king of these is surely the Merlion of Singapore which looks like an ancient mythical creature from centuries old legends, but was actually created by the Singapore Tourist Board in the 1970s. It's now the emblem of arguably one of the most boring major cities on the planet....

SingOrch_Merlion_1.jpg

Ay up. I won't have nobody slagging off the superlambanana