Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VCK

Best line-up of the 2010s?

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, thelaughingsausage said:

Image result for reading 2012 lineup poster

can't believe no one has mentioned 2012 - seriously look at that beauty.

 

Aye it's pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal favourite was 2010- first time I saw Weezer, Arcade Fire, Libertines, Blink, Phoenix and you had plenty of bands lower down the lineup that would go on to higher slots- Maccabees, Mumfords, Two Door, Biffy, Foals to name a few. 

Also, 2010 was just after I'd handed in my masters dissertation, so I remember it for being in a very happy mood! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My picks from the lineup from 2010 to 2017. And no, I really don't have anything better to do :lol:.

Main: Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Biffy Clyro, Deftones, NOFX, Bring Me The Horizon, Drenge, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Architects
NME: Limp Bizkit, Run The Jewels, Major Lazer
Dance: Netsky
Lock-Up / Pit: Jimmy Eat World
FR: Django Django 

Main: Metallica, Florence + The Machine, Foals, Enter Shikari, The Hives, Modest Mouse, Marmozets, Clutch, Babymetal
NME: Pendulum, CHVRCHES, Tame Impala
Dance: Metronomy
Lock-Up / Pit: Bad Religion
FR: Feeder

Main: Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Friendly Fires, Editors, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles of Death Metal, Thrice, The Story So Far
NME: Justice, The Streets, Death From Above 1979
Dance: Knife Party 
Lock-Up / Pit: Refused 
FR: British Sea Power 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

My picks from the lineup from 2010 to 2017. And no, I really don't have anything better to do :lol:.

Main: Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Biffy Clyro, Deftones, NOFX, Bring Me The Horizon, Drenge, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Architects
NME: Limp Bizkit, Run The Jewels, Major Lazer
Dance: Netsky
Lock-Up / Pit: Jimmy Eat World
FR: Django Django 

Main: Metallica, Florence + The Machine, Foals, Enter Shikari, The Hives, Modest Mouse, Marmozets, Clutch, Babymetal
NME: Pendulum, CHVRCHES, Tame Impala
Dance: Metronomy
Lock-Up / Pit: Bad Religion
FR: Feeder

Main: Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Friendly Fires, Editors, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles of Death Metal, Thrice, The Story So Far
NME: Justice, The Streets, Death From Above 1979
Dance: Knife Party 
Lock-Up / Pit: Refused 
FR: British Sea Power 
 

I know this was just for fun, but if it is a live Pendulum show then this lineup would be physically impossible as 2 members of Pendulum are the same people who make up Knife Party, so they wouldn't be able to do Reading And Leeds (as their sets would clash one day)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2017 at 4:53 PM, thelaughingsausage said:

Image result for reading 2012 lineup poster

can't believe no one has mentioned 2012 - seriously look at that beauty.

 

any lineup with Kasabian at the top of it is automatically struggling to be anything other than shit but the NME Stage is eye-catching, Justice topping it whereas within three years tops R&L had changed their strategy to the extent they'd never consider booking a band like that at all. Also highlights how bloody long the Courteeners have been stagnating in similar positions at UK fests, and the same story for good old Two Door Cinema Club, subbing the NME in front of a huge crowd as 'the next big thing' back then only to still be playing basically the same slots five years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2017 at 3:37 PM, JSmurphy said:

My picks from the lineup from 2010 to 2017. And no, I really don't have anything better to do :lol:.

Main: Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Biffy Clyro, Deftones, NOFX, Bring Me The Horizon, Drenge, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Architects
NME: Limp Bizkit, Run The Jewels, Major Lazer
Dance: Netsky
Lock-Up / Pit: Jimmy Eat World
FR: Django Django 

Main: Metallica, Florence + The Machine, Foals, Enter Shikari, The Hives, Modest Mouse, Marmozets, Clutch, Babymetal
NME: Pendulum, CHVRCHES, Tame Impala
Dance: Metronomy
Lock-Up / Pit: Bad Religion
FR: Feeder

Main: Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Friendly Fires, Editors, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles of Death Metal, Thrice, The Story So Far
NME: Justice, The Streets, Death From Above 1979
Dance: Knife Party 
Lock-Up / Pit: Refused 
FR: British Sea Power 
 

Queens + Paramore, Foos, Metallica

NIN and SOAD subs

Offspring, Deftones, Korn 3rds

2013 was best year btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aware this is a bit old but just looked through the lineups and this is what I'd say:

2010 > 2013 > 2011 > 2015 > 2012 > 2016 > 2014 > 2017

Out of transparency I've been to Leeds 14, 15, 16 and volunteered 17.

Also looking back at the 2011 lineup, the Saturday main stage almost looks as if it could be a Glastonbury Pyramid Stage lineup. If you take out Jimmy Eat World, the run of Seasick Steve > Two Door Cinema Club > Madness > The National > Pulp > The Strokes wouldn't look out of place at Glastonbury, maybe just a little unvaried. Certainly not something that you'd see at R&L nowadays really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken inspiration from what @JSmurphy did and created my best lineup from 2010 - 2017 too. I hope you're all having as much fun on New Years Eve as me.

Friday

Main: Guns n Roses, System of a Down, Biffy Clyro, Boy Better Know, Bring Me The Horizon, Gogol Bordello, Drenge, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls
NME: LCD Soundsystem, A$AP Rocky, Run the Jewels, Graham Coxon, Metronomy, Peace, Mura Masa, Declan McKenna, Kodaline, The Magic Gang, Gerard Way

 

Saturday

Main: The Strokes, Florence & the Machine, The National, Enter Shikari, Madness, Two Door Cinema Club, Seasick Steve, FIDLAR, Babymetal
NME: Pendulum, Nas, Tame Impala, Loyle Carner, Wolf Alice, Palma Violets, Odd Future, Royal Blood, Cabbage, Everything Everything, Blaenavon

 

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, Jamie T, Giggs, Limp Bizkit, Don Broco, Vant, Band of Horses, Pulled Apart By Horses
NME: Justice, The Streets, Foals, Jamie xx, Schoolboy Q, Wiley, Cage the Elephant, Jungle, The Neighbourhood, Basement, The Wytches

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Vant? Honestly?

haha looking through the Sunday lineups over the years I realised there's really not been anything for me on the main stage, after Giggs on my lineup its really just picking the best of a bad bunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

haha looking through the Sunday lineups over the years I realised there's really not been anything for me on the main stage, after Giggs on my lineup its really just picking the best of a bad bunch

Oh I hadn’t clocked that it was day specific. Nah I just thought you might have been joking cos we were all dumbfounded that Vant were third up the main stage this year but yeah if they’re the only one you like fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh I hadn’t clocked that it was day specific. Nah I just thought you might have been joking cos we were all dumbfounded that Vant were third up the main stage this year but yeah if they’re the only one you like fair enough.

yeah I tried to put every act in a spot they've actually played over the last 7 years specific to stage and day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

yeah I tried to put every act in a spot they've actually played over the last 7 years specific to stage and day

That's fair enough. It's a cool idea. I did one just now, which may achieve nothing except to show my age...

(I did it based on Leeds clashfinders which I realise might confuse the process as days changed somewhere along the years, also took advantage of Leeds' coheadliners)

 

Main: Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails, Interpol, The Cribs, The Maccabees, Modest Mouse, Eagles of Death Metal, Band of Skulls, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Walkmen
NME: Phoenix, The Streets, Death From Above 1979, Schoolboy Q, Mark Lanegan Band, The Joy Formidable, Tribes, Pond, Fucked Up, Wavves, Rolo Tomassi

Main: The Cure, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Deftones, Crystal Castles, Palma Violets*, Blood Red Shoes, Deap Vally, Mariachi El Bronx*
NME: Klaxons, We Are Scientists, Foals, Band of Horses, Metronomy, The Drums, The Hives, Parquet Courts, La Dispute, Red Fang, Future of the Left

Main: Pulp, The Strokes, The National, White Lies, The Shins, Gogol Bordello, Seasick Steve*, Fidlar, Los Campesinos!
NME: LCD Soundsystem, Nas, Tame Impala, Die Antwoord, Yeasayer, The Kills, Spector*, Girls, Funeral Party, Surfer Blood, DZ Deathrays

*- best of a poor array of choices

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main: The Cure / Queens of the Stone Age / Vampire Weekend / Deftones / Jimmy Eat World / Gogol Bordello / Blood Red Shoes / Cancer Bats / Frank Turner
NME: LCD Soundsystem / Phoenix / Run the Jewels / Warpaint / Metronomy / Peace / The Hives / Drenge / Miles Kane / ? / Future of the Left

Main: Arcade Fire / Pulp / The National / The Cribs / Madness / Modest Mouse / Skindred / Mystery Jets / Los Campesinos!
NME: At the Drive-In / Nas / Tame Impala / Serj Tankian / Wolf Alice / The Kills / Odd Future / Whitney / Yuck / Everything Everything / DZ Deathrays

Main: Muse (Origin of Symmetry set) / Nine Inch Nails / Weezer / A$AP Rocky / Editors / The Gaslight Anthem / Eagles of Death Metal / Band of Skulls / Pulled Apart by Horses
NME: Justice / The Streets / Foals / Savages / Mark Lanegan Band / Schoolboy Q / Tribes / Ghostpoet / Local Natives / The Joy Formidable / The Wytches

No one good has played that '?' slot in 7 years smh (or the slot above it).

NIN vs Kendrick Lamar was stupid hard. Lemme do it again once this year's lineup is announced and I can have Kendrick in Muse's slot.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blink-182, Muse, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Blink-182, The Libertines, Biffy Clyro/Fall Out Boy, Muse

The Sunday terrible and past it slot. Looks like the people predicting Foos Sunday and Kendrick Saturday were right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Blink-182, Muse, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Blink-182, The Libertines, Biffy Clyro/Fall Out Boy, Muse

The Sunday terrible and past it slot. Looks like the people predicting Foos Sunday and Kendrick Saturday were right.

Pretty much why I played it so I could have Pulp headline Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Blink-182, Muse, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Blink-182, The Libertines, Biffy Clyro/Fall Out Boy, Muse

The Sunday terrible and past it slot. Looks like the people predicting Foos Sunday and Kendrick Saturday were right.

all 2017 headliners would've been perfect candidates for the terrible and past it slot :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like having a go at this, because I really don't have anything else better to do on New Year's Eve tbh:

Friday:

Main: Guns 'N' Roses, Paramore, Biffy Clyro, Enter Shikari, Rise Against, Lower Than Atlantis, Nothing But Thieves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, JUDAS

NME: You Me At Six, A$AP Rocky, Run The Jewels, Bastille, The Internet, Don Broco, Two Door Cinema Club, Declan McKenna, Miles Kane, The Magic Gang, Pulled Apart By Horses

Saturday:

Main: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Chase & Status, Dizzee Rascal, Foster The People, Slaves,OFWGKTA,Skindred,FIDLAR, Sundara Karma

NME: Flume, Glass Animals, Tame Impala, Loyle Carner, Everything Everything, Cage The Elephant, Modestep, Royal Blood, Cabbage, InHeaven, Blaenavon

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters,Kendrick Lamar, Jamie T,Cypress Hill,Editors, Papa Roach, VANT, Tonight Alive, The Xcerts

NME: Deadmau5, The Streets, Foals, Jamie XX, Schoolboy Q, Wiley, Clean Bandit, Jungle,Spring King, Basement, Black Foxxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty much why I played it so I could have Pulp headline Sunday.

Well it's the day you've got Arcade Fire init cos it'd be the Friday at Leeds, but aye when I saw you'd done that I wished I had :lol: Tbf personally I'd obvs take that OoS set but in general it's a shite bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I feel like having a go at this, because I really don't have anything else better to do on New Year's Eve tbh:

Friday:

Main: Guns 'N' Roses, Paramore, Biffy Clyro, Enter Shikari, Rise Against, Lower Than Atlantis, Nothing But Thieves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, JUDAS

NME: You Me At Six, A$AP Rocky, Run The Jewels, Bastille, The Internet, Don Broco, Two Door Cinema Club, Declan McKenna, Miles Kane, The Magic Gang, Pulled Apart By Horses

Saturday:

Main: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Chase & Status, Dizzee Rascal, Foster The People, Slaves,OFWGKTA,Skindred,FIDLAR, Sundara Karma

NME: Flume, Glass Animals, Tame Impala, Loyle Carner, Everything Everything, Cage The Elephant, Modestep, Royal Blood, Cabbage, InHeaven, Blaenavon

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters,Kendrick Lamar, Jamie T,Cypress Hill,Editors, Papa Roach, VANT, Tonight Alive, The Xcerts

NME: Deadmau5, The Streets, Foals, Jamie XX, Schoolboy Q, Wiley, Clean Bandit, Jungle,Spring King, Basement, Black Foxxes

Wow this is worse than an actual limeup.

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.