Bands for 2017

eagles69

5 minutes ago, shoebox said:

I love BSP, really do. But a Woods headline slot would not constitute a "doozy" for me. They have played many times and I cannot see that their stock has risen to headliner status, not for a festival of EOTR's size anyway. They are also playing lower down the bill on many other festivals this summer, most of which I would consider to be smaller and/or less prestigious. 

so true. BSP not a woods headliner. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook commentary is suggesting Lambchop (pic of Millhouse/Millhouse Nixon/Nixon etc) but they're at GM so would be surprised if there was a duplicate. Other comments grasping at Simpsons associations as well 

Can't see BSP being big enough, but BPB.... now that would be a dream...

Nick Cave would be a coup too but unlikely :(

Connecting Lambchop to a picture of Milhouse is one of the biggest stretches going. Ridiculous suggestion. Might as well say "Well, Milhouse is quite young. So it must be Neil Young!"

I will be VERY surprised if EOTR share any of the bigger names on the Greenman line-up. I'm not expecting to see any of the first 5 rows of Greenman's line-up page at EOTR. 

I'm hoping for someone a bit surprising (in a good way).  While I'm sure FJM will be an excellent headliner, he wasn't a surprise at all.  And the organisers seem pretty confident we're going to be impressed, so maybe someone considered way too big for a festival of this size, or an act that doesn't usually play festivals, or an act that's split but getting back together...

Or maybe Simon has finally persuaded Tom Waits.

1 minute ago, dirty_dog said:

I thought Band of Horses where headlining?  certainly bigger than MDM

just ordered my tickets 

Nope BOH aren't headlining. In the video MDM and FJM were the only 2 referred as headliners, this was later confirmed on twitter. 

The MDM headliner slot seems to be partially banking on the new album being a hit, but he sold out 2 nights at the Brixton Accademy and the crowd he pulled when he was  on the garden stage was insane so he has a huge following among the EOTR crowd. I'd say he's currently a hotter property than BOH for sure. 

Edited by Yesiamaduck

No guessed it then, and what a great addition he is! Also well pleased with Japandroids, Waxahatchee, Daniel Romano and Blank Mass. Pond were great when they last played too. Pleased with this!

Bill Callahan, Slowdive, Moonlandingz, Japandroids, Pond, Baxter Dury, Waxahatchee, Moses Sumney, Timber Timbre, Alex Cameron, Daniel Romano, Blanck Mass, Allison Crutchfield and The Fizz, Aldous Harding, Mdou Moctar, PWR BTTM, Jonathan Toubin (DJ), Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Lowly, H. Hawkline, Lowtide, and Tides Of Man.