Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Made a list yesterday evening of everything I want to see from the lineup. It's around 50 acts long. That's one hell of a lineup! :beach:

I thought that's crazy, but my list (only from Thursday to Saturday) already grew to 66, and I'm not done checking out the announced acts!

Take a deep breath:

Thursday:

1.       King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

2.       Aphex Twin

3.       Bon Iver

4.       Solange

5.       BadBadNotGood

6.       Death Grips

7.       Broken Social Scene

8.       The Black Angels

9.       The Afghan Whigs

10.   Tycho

11.   Kate Tempest

12.   Kevin Morby

13.   The Damned

14.   No Zu

15.   Alexandra Savior

16.   Romare

17.   Moscoman

18.   Joy Orbison

19.   VoX LoW

20.   Aurora Halal

21.   Cymbals Eat Guitars

22.   Bicep

23.   Ben UFO

24.   Henrik Schwartz

Friday:

25.   Run The Jewels

26.   Grandaddy

27.   Sleaford Mods

28.   Flying Lotus

29.   Mac DeMarco

30.   Wand

31.   Sampha

32.   Sinkane

33.   The xx

34.   Frank Ocean

35.   Priests

36.   Noga Erez

37.   Âme

38.   The Growlers

39.   Descendents

40.   Autarkic

41.   Dixon

42.   Whitney

43.   Kornél Kovács

44.   Michael Mayer

45.   Talaboman

46.   KiNK

Saturday:

47.   Arcade Fire

48.   !!!

49.   Metronomy

50.   Pond

51.   Japandroids

52.   King Krule

53.   Angel Olsen

54.   Skepta

55.   Junun

56.   Hamilton Leithauser

57.   Swet Shop Boys

58.   Joey Purp

59.   Againt Me!

60.   Preoccupations

61.   Kelly Lee Owens

62.   Lady Wray

63.   Recondite

64.   Weval

65.   John Talabot

66.   DJ Coco (Don't miss it!)

I do think we should expect some surprises in the lineup, but the poster is stacked at the moment, and I haven't even mentioned the rest of the week!

Of course there will be clashes and we'll have to prioritize, but that's what makes Primavera Sound so unique. The booking have done amazing work on this one.

49 minutes ago, Orens said:

I thought that's crazy, but my list (only from Thursday to Saturday) already grew to 66, and I'm not done checking out the announced acts!

Yeah it's ridiculous isn't it? My list is very similar to yours the quality is ridiculously good.

As an aside does anyone have any recommendations on where to start with these artists?

- The Afghan Whigs
- Miguel
- Pinegrove
- The Zombies
- Grace Jones
- King Gizzard
- The Magnetic Fields
- Grandaddy
- Teenage Fanclub
- Shellac

All recommendations appreciated! :)

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Yeah it's ridiculous isn't it? My list is very similar to yours the quality is ridiculously good.

As an aside does anyone have any recommendations on where to start with these artists?

- The Afghan Whigs
- Miguel
- Pinegrove
- The Zombies
- Grace Jones
- King Gizzard
- The Magnetic Fields
- Grandaddy
- Teenage Fanclub
- Shellac

All recommendations appreciated! :)

Gentlemen, Wildheart, Cardinal, Odyssey & Oracle, *shrug*, Nonagon Infinity, 69 Love Songs (tho it's a tall order), The Sophtware Slump, Bandwagonesque and probably 1000 Hurts.

I think those albums listed were my first tasters of those acts then I worked my way around their other stuff*. Tho with the Zombies I never really delved into their other stuff but I think they're touring O&O so it's a logical recommendation. :P

*Gizzard aside as I've been a fan for a while, but Nonagon has really been their breakthrough.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gentlemen, Wildheart, Cardinal, Odyssey & Oracle, *shrug*, Nonagon Infinity, 69 Love Songs (tho it's a tall order), The Sophtware Slump, Bandwagonesque and probably 1000 Hurts.

I think those albums listed were my first tasters of those acts then I worked my way around their other stuff*. Tho with the Zombies I never really delved into their other stuff but I think they're touring O&O so it's a logical recommendation. :P

*Gizzard aside as I've been a fan for a while, but Nonagon has really been their breakthrough.

Cheers! :) Playlist is being drafted currently!

Every time I see this getting a bump I think something else has been announced :'(

Although likewise in having a ridiculous amount of acts I want to see (and not even just stuff I have a casual interest in - stuff I REALLY want to see). Preparing to have my heart broken by some awful clashes. For me personally this lineup pisses all over every other announced festival tenfold, maybe too much so. Absolutely can't wait.

44 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

No chance, some illogical choices and plenty of wishful thinking. Aphex Twin will perform after Bon Iver, Slayer will probably clash with either and The Magnetic Fields are confirmed to play two Auditori concerts (Friday and Saturday), so won't perform on the festival's main stages.

48 minutes ago, paasy said:

Bon Iver playing 01:10? I doubt it

He could be in theory, James Blake and alt-J both started playing around 01:30 two years ago, but he will not follow Aphex Twin under any circumstances. AT will most likely either close the main stage or play the 2:50 Ray-Ban slot.