Bjork

Al2006

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

She is, LAWN, but she's also dependent on a really good sound system, such is the delicacy and complexity of her (live) material.

So it's a massive YES from me, but it has to be on West Holts. If they could reproduce the clarity and depth of sound that we got for James Blake last year it could be completely epic...

I'd miss Radiohead for that.

Ben

WH's lush PA would be very nice, and definitely the ideal choice, but the sound and venue of the Manchester International Festival show in 2015 were both shit and she still brought the house down. Still, West Holts up against Foos and somebody megabig on the Other would be ideal, the amount of rubberneckers talking at both the shows I've been to was infuriating. Why does she attract so many fucking posers? The creepy men competing to should "I love you" the loudest can stay well away as well.

Vulnicura tracks are unbelievable live, and despite her amazing back catalogue and having only seen Vulnicura shows, I really hope they're still the order of business. It's 2 years since it came out, so it's now ok for us all to accept it's her best album, yes?

I'd love to hear some Medulla tracks reworked for a live setting, I can imagine Who Is It being incredible if she dropped it late in the set on the last night. Ideal situation is 60% Vulnicura stuff at the beginning, 40% hits at the end, pretty much how she did it at the MIF.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

WH's lush PA would be very nice, and definitely the ideal choice, but the sound and venue of the Manchester International Festival show in 2015 were both shit and she still brought the house down. Still, West Holts up against Foos and somebody megabig on the Other would be ideal, the amount of rubberneckers talking at both the shows I've been to was infuriating. Why does she attract so many fucking posers? The creepy men competing to should "I love you" the loudest can stay well away as well.

Vulnicura tracks are unbelievable live, and despite her amazing back catalogue and having only seen Vulnicura shows, I really hope they're still the order of business. It's 2 years since it came out, so it's now ok for us all to accept it's her best album, yes?

I'd love to hear some Medulla tracks reworked for a live setting, I can imagine Who Is It being incredible if she dropped it late in the set on the last night. Ideal situation is 60% Vulnicura stuff at the beginning, 40% hits at the end, pretty much how she did it at the MIF.

That would do me fine. Best record? Hmmm. Not sure, despite thinking it's great. Vespertine and Medúlla will always be hard to top. And Homogenic is pretty wonderful too. Argh!

And yes, Who Is It? live is bloody brilliant. One of my (the?) all time favourite Björk songs.

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would do me fine. Best record? Hmmm. Not sure, despite thinking it's great. Vespertine and Medúlla will always be hard to top. And Homogenic is pretty wonderful too. Argh!

And yes, Who Is It? live is bloody brilliant. One of my (the?) all time favourite Björk songs.

Ben

It has to be said Ben, you're a man of great taste, I don't know anybody who rates Medulla apart from me. Vulnicura, Homogenic, Vespertine and Medulla are all perfect. Then Debut, Biophillia and Post are all stone cold classics as well.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Career spanning set or gtfo, Gudmundsdottir.  No Joga No Gonzo.

How about this?

Stonemilker
Lionsong
History of Touches
Black Lake
Family
Notget
-Intermission-
Aurora
Pagan Poetry
Jóga
Army Of Me
Hyperballad
Bachelorette
Quicksand
Mouth Mantra
- Encore -
The Anchor Song
Pluto

Most recent setlist on setlist.fm, with three substitutions to get Hyperballad, Army Of Me and Pagan Poetry in there for the oiks.

• 1 month later...

I'm still hanging onto the slim prospect of the Guðmundsdóttir at the G this year....

2 shows in Mexico at the end of this month and the Fuji Rock festival in Japan in July is all she's announced so far this year. No other UK/ European festivals have her which is disconcerting and promising at the same time (although I'm leaning towards the former).

Rumours page has her listed as a (R) for a DJ set? Any news @eFestivals