West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Aren't they for an early Pyramid slot next? Isn't that how these things work?

They have Hookworms and Jane Weaver among others supporting on the Manchester leg of their tour. Some bang for yer buck right there.

Im not sure they'd be a pyramid act unless they were early on. Not sure if that would work.

Yeah all for £22. Cannot complain at all.

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The second Goat album didn't really catch fire though, did it? Seemed to stall their moment more than anything.

I don't know anything about Goat, but they'e playing at EOTR, so i ought to give them a go. Anything to look out for, either good or bad?

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I don't know anything about Goat, but they'e playing at EOTR, so i ought to give them a go. Anything to look out for, either good or bad?

Probably the most well known (loosely) track.

Check out World Music, the first album. Great mix of Psychadelia and well - "world music". 

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

They've only done two albums, world music and commune . Both great imo. 

Not listened to world music in ages. Gonna rectify that now. 

ah, ok, that's manageable, thought there might have been a huge back caalogue to negotiate.

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You're right but I dunno why. It's as good as the first. And they've got the chops live too. 

I absolutely agree. To some people there may have been a novelty factor due to the outfits.

They toured Australia with King Gizzard. That is a gig line up I'd love to see. 

On 7/13/2016 at 3:18 PM, PiratePete said:

If they haven't been mentioned already, Goldfrapp! 

Based on their recent facebook post, it seems as though they're recording new material at the moment. So all being well, they should have an album out in time for festival season next year... 

On 7/13/2016 at 1:39 PM, sime said:

I got downvoted for this post. Whoever did it, please own up as I would love to know why.

I hereby grass up Badlands (seems unnecessary).

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Aren't they for an early Pyramid slot next? Isn't that how these things work?

They have Hookworms and Jane Weaver among others supporting on the Manchester leg of their tour. Some bang for yer buck right there.

Probably the best value for money I've ever got from a gig ticket. Jane Weaver's not exactly a rarity by any stretch, but she's consistently great live, as are Goat and Hookworms. That's going to be a brilliant night.

Just now, Badlands said:

It wasn't done intentionally. Beef with neither the poster nor the acts mentioned. I'll rectify.

Downvoting Amy though for being such a bad, bad grass!

I've helped you right a wrong here! Really you should be canonising me or naming your first born after me or something.

No gratitude with some people, I often wonder why I bother with my relentless altruism and devotion to better the lives of my fellow human.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've helped you right a wrong here! Really you should be canonising me or naming your first born after me or something.

No gratitude with some people, I often wonder why I bother with my relentless altruism and devotion to better the lives of my fellow human.

2 downvotes. I forgot that you didn't even have the cajones to @ me in it. I stumbled on it by accident.

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

2 downvotes. I forgot that you didn't even have the cajones to @ me in it. I stumbled on it by accident.

@badlands, tags don't work for me. You did not "stumble on it", I summoned you with my magicks. The take-home message here is that I'm infallible and you have lots of room for personal growth. Pardon me for caring and trying to facilitate that growth.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Players, please.

You're ignoring the fascinating subject of T-Spall's massive hip hop face.

I'm thinking the theme tune to AufWiederesehen Pet, or even better the closing song (Thats livin' all right) could only have been improved with a rap in the middle a la World in Motion / I'm Free.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Players, please.

You're ignoring the fascinating subject of T-Spall's massive hip hop face.

I don't know what you were on about because I went back to the tent to cry about Brexit instead of watching Vince Staples.