Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

30 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

WIEAYB has next to no chance of being played at Glasto I think, though it is a promising sign for the arena shows they'll be playing either side. 

Aye I'd love it to pop up at at least one of the shows I go to. Looking promising that I'll get to see a fair few of the big hitters I've been hoping for! (But, as always, the Glasto set is the one that counts :P )

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yup, we're back in business 

Great setlist but no Let Down, no HTDC, which simply have to be played on the Pyramid. They also played GUTG when the alternatives on the printed setlist were Exit Music and Glass Eyes, ridiculous. WIEAYB though, love that song.

Edited by ericlered

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Scenes when one weekend is an absolute bangerfest and the second is a total snoozer. 

Ha a la Reading/Leeds 2009 (I went to Leeds unfortunately).

That said, last years festival sets seemed to be a lot more similar to each other than usual. I think both Coachella weekends will be fairly similar bar a few songs, and if they are we can probably assume it will be a decent predictor for Glasto. 

Just now, arcade fireman said:

That said, last years festival sets seemed to be a lot more similar to each other than usual. I think both Coachella weekends will be fairly similar bar a few songs, and if they are we can probably assume it will be a decent predictor for Glasto. 

Leeds was ace, but then I saw Reading's setlist and couldn't help but feel deflated over my first Radiohead show. Those bastards.

But aye you're right they seem to have nailed down what people want from their festival sets after the underwhelming ones that came with TKOL tour so I'm sure it'll vary from being great to absolutely astounding and nothing less (setlist wise - the performance itself could be a total dud. Who knows?)

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Whaat! The Leeds setlist was way better. Nice Dream, A Wolf at the Door, Just.

I sold my ticket for Reading. I was young and foolish. 

It's all part of the fun with Radiohead though init. 

I think the Glasto set will be heavy on OKC and if that's the case I feel fairly certain Let Down will be played. It become a regular last year when they brought it in and it's had a good showing so far.

And there it is, finally - Where I End and You Begin. Yes. Manchester night 1 please.

I loved the Leeds setlist, and it was a great performance, but the crowd definitely would have liked a few more bangers. Probably why they changed it up for Reading.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yup, we're back in business 

1 hour ago, ericlered said:

Great setlist but no Let Down, no HTDC, which simply have to be played on the Pyramid. They also played GUTG when the alternatives on the printed setlist were Exit Music and Glass Eyes, ridiculous. WIEAYB though, love that song.

In fact, if you could combine the best bits from the opening night in Miami and the best bits from last night you would almost have the ultimate Glasto setlist.

Just now, scaryclaireyfairy said:

2 of my least fav songs (House of Cards, Give Up The Ghost) are back in rotation.  This troubles me.

Tbh I think both are too low key/not particularly fan favourites to get played at Glastonbury. I like both but hard to get excited over either during a festival set.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just found the audio from Atlanta on Saturday.  And yeah, Burn The Witch hasn't exactly been transformed:

Comes late in the set now so I'm not too arsed. Still sounds a bit crap but hopefully it'll be surrounded by songs they do manage to nail.

Also makes me laugh that a lot of the crowd clearly didn't know what song was being played until he started to sing. Just goes to show how badly they've replicated the studio versions strings.

34 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/keyarena-seattle-wa-3be688dc.html

Not feeling this one at all. Still good, but probably the worst yet for me.

Also this thread dropped to page 3. C'mon, can't be having that 

I think that's on of the better ones! Still so baffled by the two opening songs, lack of Karma Police isn't nice, can't be leaving that off at Glastonbury 

29 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I think that's on of the better ones! Still so baffled by the two opening songs, lack of Karma Police isn't nice, can't be leaving that off at Glastonbury 

I'm just not sure on These Are My Twisted Words > The Gloaming. Seems like two wasted slots.

Karma Police will be at Glasto.

Yeah definitely an odd setlist last night. Lots I would be happy with for sure, but an odd mix of tunes. I'm not sure if there's anything more we can learn from these non-festival setlists so all eyes are on Coachella now.

Let Down seems almost nailed on at this point though.

37 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah definitely an odd setlist last night. Lots I would be happy with for sure, but an odd mix of tunes. I'm not sure if there's anything more we can learn from these non-festival setlists so all eyes are on Coachella now.

Let Down seems almost nailed on at this point though.

Hmmm they need to play it at a few more shows before I'm totally convinced. Still a chance they won't do it

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hmmm they need to play it at a few more shows before I'm totally convinced. Still a chance they won't do it

I'm expecting an OKC heavy set at Glastonbury and, if that's what we get, they'll almost certainly do Let Down (I hope).