Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

13 hours ago, musky said:

Exit is in the middle of a city, and doesn't have the lack of infrastructure that Pilton does.

They're scanning tickets for crew this year, so it may mean that we'll see the same for the general public in the future. The people running Glastonbury aren't sitting around with their heads up their arses, completely ignorant to what happens at other festivals or the potential benefits of going over to a completely computer based system. But neither they nor the council is going to risk one massive f*ck up because the signal to one or more of the gates fails at some point.

And especially not because someone on the internet reckons it's a piece of piss.

In my opinion the barcode argument is irrelevant, all it can do is verify that a ticket is valid and not on a blacklist of cancelled tickets. The cornerstone of the Glastonbury system is the photo ID which validates the person, essentially it is a boimetric sytem using the best facial recognition there is, the human brain.

UPDATE:

Tickets have not turned up sadly but we have reported the tickets as stolen to the police now, it should not be our fault if our neighbour has "lost" them.

We will be going down Wednesday morning to the ticket office to attempt to get in, I really do wish it goes well as this past week has been a nightmare.

2 hours ago, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

Tickets have not turned up sadly but we have reported the tickets as stolen to the police now, it should not be our fault if our neighbour has "lost" them.

We will be going down Wednesday morning to the ticket office to attempt to get in, I really do wish it goes well as this past week has been a nightmare.

I really hope they let you in without too much trouble. Have a great festival x

3 minutes ago, Greenish said:

Best of luck for Wednesday morning .

My mum lost her pass-out and was able to get back in 20 min later after a little chat in the portacabin.  Stay friendly and you'll be just fine. X

I still hear mixed things about people trying to get in. Fingers crossed it goes ok for us.

48 minutes ago, Staitey said:

I still hear mixed things about people trying to get in. Fingers crossed it goes ok for us.

I don't think it's guaranteed you'll get in, as having worked on the gates I can say they definitely do turn people away. But I can also say that in my experience the enquiries cabin team do look at things on a case-by-case basis and have discretion to make decisions, whereas the temps answering E-Mails aren't in a position to do so. And that they do generally want to do the right thing - however the right thing can mean different things to different people so while I'd say your chances are better than 50%, there's still a possibility of disappointment and you should be prepared for that.

The problem is there's factors involved that may not be in your control.. So for example if the person you talk to has just dealt with multiple people that were obviously chancers and using some form of "wrong address" story, they'll obviously look at you a bit more cynically than they otherwise would have.

The best you can do is to take as much evidence as you can with you, and to be friendly/respectful to the person you deal with - remember that the situation that you're in isn't their fault, and they didn't set any of the policies. Take ownership of the problem - you realise and accept that the initial screw up was entirely yours, and you'd really appreciate it if they can help you solve it. Be honest. They can and will check things. While I can only imagine how upsetting and frustrating your situation is, annoying the person who has your fate in their hands can't possibly help things.

On 17/06/2016 at 9:15 PM, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

Take as much evidence as you can with you including your police ref number and any correspondence with them, it will back your case up so much. I wish you both the best of luck and will be thinking about you both on Wednesday morning.

Still really hoping your tickets magically appear in your neighbours kitchen draw or back at seetickets. If they weren't in the bin, they must be somewhere! Glastonbury miracles can happen. Hope you are busy getting ready for next weekend. Keep the faith it will all be ok X 

Wished both you and @LuluC good luck on her thread and then 6 hours later she posted that it was all sorted, so doing the same here in the hope it might have the same effect.......really hope you they turn up tomorrow or you get sorted on site. Fingers crossed and good luck.

On 13/06/2016 at 10:21 PM, Leggins said:

Who accumulates 10-15 mis-delivered letters that need returning to sender? I think it's happened to me once in my life where I had my neighbours letter come through the door and I just popped it through her letterbox. That's weird, no?

Happens all the time for me and I've lived in this house for 20 years.  I blame dropdowns on address lookup systems myself.  My neighbours on one side I must get one or two a month for.  A few years ago they were a victim of home invasion and the criminal injuries compensation people sent ALL their correspondence to my address, that summer it must have been 30 big A4 envelope sized, signed for items.  I signed for them and dropped them round.  I still get letters for 2 previous tenants who must be from the 90s.

I really hope this works out for the OP.  I'd be at the ticket office begging and pleading in this situation.  If I believed in praying I'd be doing it for you.  I don't so I'll give you a thought over my morning cuppa.  Very best of luck.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

Tickets have not turned up sadly but we have reported the tickets as stolen to the police now, it should not be our fault if our neighour has "lost" them.

But it is your fault your neighbour lost your tickets, who else is to blame ??

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

and second going down Wednesday is a good idea , it will give you time to get home so you can watch it on TV

• Downvote 1

Really hope you get in. Maybe print off this thread as you never know, all the discussion on it might help your case in some way. I'm clutching at straws with that idea but every little helps I guess.

Thanks for all the support. We can only try on Wednesday. You never know it could still turn up. We have printed everything off for proof and now it will all come down to the person we are talking to on the day.

We also need to buy another car parking ticket once there as they were also lost/stolen.