Summer of terror

Dave_c

5 hours ago, DeanoL said:

You reckon the 9/11 hijackers got on those planes without tickets then?

In that instance the ticket was pretty integral to the plan. 

Walking up to the gates at the Stade De france, Glastonbury, a gig, numerous other major events or public places a ticket is less important. 

You can get to the gates unchallenged, you can scale the fence armed with a twix not sure the gates equipped to deal with AK 47 weilding nutters, nor should they be. 

I just think it's far less of a requirement for someone hell bent on causing death and destruction to have a ticket. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

True. I suppose if a gang of nutters just walk up to the gates and start mowing everyone down the ticket becomes irrelevant. 

They'll have to mow down people who look like them in order to use their tickets though. Seems an extreme way to get in if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They'll have to mow down people who look like them in order to use their tickets though. Seems an extreme way to get in if you ask me.

No I mean they could shoot their way inside the festival. Shooting everyone guarding the gates, security etc on their way in. No ticket required. 

Obviously an extreme scenario and one that has only just popped into my paranoia addled brain. 

Edited by Skoo

I think it's highly unlikely that anything of this nature will happen at the festival, though there is of course always a risk. The reports earlier this month were clearly an attempt by hacks to create some clickbait articles.

However, in terms of people wishing to commit such acts gaining access, there have been previous reports of people working at venues, principally during the Paris attack, being involved in allowing access so I hardly think lack of a ticket would prove much of an issue for them in the circumstances.

Ultimately, as people have said above, if we are to avoid doing the things which are normal in our society, such as festivals, attending sporting events and gigs, then we are pandering these people's ideology which is of course exactly what they want.

2 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

I think it's highly unlikely that anything of this nature will happen at the festival, though there is of course always a risk. The reports earlier this month were clearly an attempt by hacks to create some clickbait articles.

However, in terms of people wishing to commit such acts gaining access, there have been previous reports of people working at venues, principally during the Paris attack, being involved in allowing access so I hardly think lack of a ticket would prove much of an issue for them in the circumstances.

Ultimately, as people have said above, if we are to avoid doing the things which are normal in our society, such as festivals, attending sporting events and gigs, then we are pandering these people's ideology which is of course exactly what they want.

wise words.

3 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

there have been previous reports of people working at venues, principally during the Paris attack, being involved in allowing access so I hardly think lack of a ticket would prove much of an issue for them in the circumstances.

When you say reports, you mean like this?  http://canadajournal.net/entertainment/jesse-hughes-eagles-death-metal-singers-conservative-comments-draws-fire-fans-48272-2016/

The scenarios some of you have discussed are a bit silly.  If someone wanted to do such a thing, why not just do it at an open air gig within a city? 

No ticket registration, no half day journeys which may involve passing police vehicles, just drive to Hyde Park.  Honestly, you'd make crap jihadis imho :P 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

When you say reports, you mean like this?  http://canadajournal.net/entertainment/jesse-hughes-eagles-death-metal-singers-conservative-comments-draws-fire-fans-48272-2016/

The scenarios some of you have discussed are a bit silly.  If someone wanted to do such a thing, why not just do it at an open air gig within a city? 

No ticket registration, no half day journeys which may involve passing police vehicles, just drive to Hyde Park.  Honestly, you'd make crap jihadis imho :P 

You seem to know an awful lot about it....

fbi-tip.jpg

10 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

In that instance the ticket was pretty integral to the plan. 

Walking up to the gates at the Stade De france, Glastonbury, a gig, numerous other major events or public places a ticket is less important. 

You can get to the gates unchallenged, you can scale the fence armed with a twix not sure the gates equipped to deal with AK 47 weilding nutters, nor should they be. 

I just think it's far less of a requirement for someone hell bent on causing death and destruction to have a ticket. 

Did they actually get in the Stade De France or were they turned away?

So far attacks have been far more effective in enclosed areas, so I'm not sure that a 900 acre site would be high on their list of priorities.