Summer of terror

Dave_c

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Me too, a quick look in our bags and that was it! That was about midday both days. I could have sneaked gin in with me!! 

Were you at the Southampton one? Maybe the Oxford one was more strict. Yeah me too, we were annoyed seeing as it took 40 mins to get served at the bar!

A group of evil, evil people who stand against everything that we as music lovers and festival goers stand for, leaving a trail of devastation, misery, destruction and pain in their midst. If we don't stand up to them then our way of life as we know it will never be the same again.

But don't worry if you can't catch the 1975 on their "Summer of Terror" tour, they'll be doing their own arena tour in the new year.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

For the first time ever all crew have to provide photo ID on entry. I thought that it was so crew tickets couldn't be sold on. 

Turns out it is an anti terrorism measure!

From what I've heard that's surely going to throw a spanner in the works for the generic names on some of the crew tickets. 

Think about it, though.

The most likely time for an attack to happen is during the Syrian National Orchestra set.  

I mean, who's really going to be checking them that thoroughly and there are all sorts of hiding places on the bus.  And it's not like they're that we'll known. They could be anyone with their hats pulled low.

Then, once they're through the security cordon, there's nothing stopping an assault on innocent civilians.

And  before you know it, when the guards are down - Boom! - the unimaginable has happened and there are casualties everywhere

Or Alex James just might not fancy coming to perform with them.

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Think about it, though.

The most likely time for an attack to happen is during the Syrian National Orchestra set.  

I mean, who's really going to be checking them that thoroughly and there are all sorts of hiding places on the bus.  And it's not like they're that we'll known. They could be anyone with their hats pulled low.

Then, once they're through the security cordon, there's nothing stopping an assault on innocent civilians.

And  before you know it, when the guards are down - Boom! - the unimaginable has happened and there are casualties everywhere

Whoa there....what's the implication here....that a group of people who have fled conflict in their own country, and who have come together to exhibit a shared passion for music, are to be treated with suspicion and regarded as potential terrorists?

Not sure I'm comfortable with it if that's the case..... 

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Think about it, though.

god I hope your taking the piss in an ironic way......

I personally dont think glastonbury or any festival would be a good target....these people want to inflict lots of casulties in a short space of time....they want to control a situation and because of that are most likly to target indoor venues or areas where they know people are going to be trapped easily........ a massive great farm with a huge amount of land to run away over huge amount of places to hide etc would not be at the top of their list hopefully!

On 30/05/2016 at 9:03 PM, FolkMeRight said:

Hello I'm Mr ISIS. First I had to register my photograph. Then I had to go through that Sunday morning in October when I managed to get through to the booking page one minute before they sold out! So relieved I managed to get my ticket! Then I paid my balance in April and now I am planning my attack. Bomb in the sleeping bag probably.

Mr ISIS, 

Got to say that's pretty ballsy of you to let your plans known to everyone, or is it just an unfortunate surname?

Not to worry though because surely Adele will be the biggest audience, which makes it the biggest target, which makes me safe - just hope they don't cancel the rest of the festival.

Edited by cowmadiddy

4 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Not sure your average terrorist who has a complete disregard for their life and the lives of others will care too much about having a ticket or not.

You reckon the 9/11 hijackers got on those planes without tickets then?

5 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surely people have seen gonzo post things before??? Waterfalls i think is fairly new round here, but parsonjack I'm surprised you can't see the sarcasm inherent in his posts. 

Sarcasm? That was a 'pull back and reveal'

http://gu.com/p/2x72q

Albeit not a very good one.