Lineup 2018

7 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Noticed there's another nightlife stage at Leeds this year. Says it's hidden in the woods, I know it's "hidden" but any ideas on where this could be with Relentless Stage already being in the woods?

Nice to see they're making more of an effort with Piccadilly Party this year with DJ sets announced already.

Is it definitely a new one and not just rebranding of the Relentless stage? It says Relentless are still a sponsor on the R&L website but I can't see how they'd fit a second stage in

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Is it definitely a new one and not just rebranding of the Relentless stage? It says Relentless are still a sponsor on the R&L website but I can't see how they'd fit a second stage in

They easily could. They could have this new stage down where Relentless was when they first launched it in 2013, which was down sort of between Orange and Purple. 

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

They easily could. They could have this new stage down where Relentless was when they first launched it in 2013, which was down sort of between Orange and Purple. 

The website says:

Thursday night at Leeds will see the Relentless Stage play host to an all-star, top secret line up – including huge special guest names that are guaranteed to please both OG and new gen grime and garage music fans.

Festival-goers on Friday will witness a DJ set from none other than the legendary Mike Skinner. Following his sell-out tour with his world-renowned group, The Streets – this is going to take the party in Yorkshire to the next level......Across the weekend, Boston Bun, Jax Jones, Icarus, Barely Legal, DJ Zinc and Wookie, the Godfather of UK garage, will also grace the stage. With performances brought exclusively to Leeds Festival by the energy drink, the Relentless Stage is one of the places to be for UK dance and urban music fans this summer.

So for a start Relentless is definitely still there.  It says 'follow the clues' for the Thursday but that refers to the line up, not the actual stage?

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Relentless is definitely still there, as they've announced DJs for that other than the Thursday (Kurupt FM).

Not sure how big of a deal this new stage will be/ what genres it will play.

I'm hoping with bands DJing Piccadilly as well as TPD TV, that different genres are played, as it's become quite charty at points the last few years.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, Stuielooie said:

I can't remember if someone posted a photo showing the Merch. They could play Saturday Reading and Sunday Leeds.

On 7/23/2018 at 12:54 PM, dentalplan said:

His?

Completely forgot about that. I didn't think anyone believed it though. Like, how would nobody have posted a picture online?

Apologies, I never found time to put the picture up and forgot about it entirely. Here they are, bought the top at the merchandise stand in Parklike in June. I equally don't understand how this hasn't already popped up online but there we go, must have been available at Lovebox recently too. The dates add up with Saturday Reading and Sunday Leeds too...

IQ+Mp4RrS9S7XQO10i7yAQ.jpg

1Qth6s1QTJqVpUItep2vyg.jpg

• Like 2

can't see it being a secret set honestly just for the fact that i think N*E*R*D are gonna disappear again for ages after they finish touring this album. could just be a very late addition but i can't remember R&L announcing acts even remotely close to N*E*R*D's stature with just a month to the fest.

Just now, pepesilvia said:

can't see it being a secret set honestly just for the fact that i think N*E*R*D are gonna disappear again for ages after they finish touring this album. could just be a very late addition but i can't remember R&L announcing acts even remotely close to N*E*R*D's stature with just a month to the fest.

Yeah but where do you think they'll fit on the lineup? Can't see them being any lower than Radio 1 headline/3rd main, and doubt any of the acts in those places already will be bumped down any further. 

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah but where do you think they'll fit on the lineup? Can't see them being any lower than Radio 1 headline/3rd main, and doubt any of the acts in those places already will be bumped down any further. 

yeah i guessed either above or below sum 41, but honestly it does come across as quite weird no matter where you throw them.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I think secret set on the R1 stage whilst PATD are on makes most sense. So third down?

Or a secret set on the R1 around midday. Feel like brockhampton/sigrid/Rex etc. are getting pushed further and further down the lineup and I can't see them being much lower than they already are.

2 hours ago, boombox98 said:

Apologies, I never found time to put the picture up and forgot about it entirely. Here they are, bought the top at the merchandise stand in Parklike in June. I equally don't understand how this hasn't already popped up online but there we go, must have been available at Lovebox recently too. The dates add up with Saturday Reading and Sunday Leeds too...

IQ+Mp4RrS9S7XQO10i7yAQ.jpg

1Qth6s1QTJqVpUItep2vyg.jpg

Shaggfest lmoa.

Cheers for posting that up. That should be good.

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I think secret set on the R1 stage whilst PATD are on makes most sense. So third down?

Allows people to do Dua Lipa > N.E.R.D. > Kendrick which seems a decent run for people there to see Kendrick. Doubt many of them will be interested in PATD.

They just added one more act to that stage today, one that'll probably be about an hour long. There is still a space to be added on main, so I could see it being that given that I think they did something similar on the Pyramid quite a few years ago.

32 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Or a secret set on the R1 around midday. Feel like brockhampton/sigrid/Rex etc. are getting pushed further and further down the lineup and I can't see them being much lower than they already are.

True. I was also gonna add that it wouldn't serve the purpose of getting people into the arena early which seems to be part of the reason for the secret sets (I know QOTSA were on late at one site last year but didn't they do both on the Friday?).

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shaggfest lmoa.

Cheers for posting that up. That should be good.

They just added one more act to that stage today, one that'll probably be about an hour long. There is still a space to be added on main, so I could see it being that given that I think they did something similar on the Pyramid quite a few years ago.

Ah I completely forgot about the main stage not yet being full for that day. That definitely makes the most sense, in that case.

And yeah they did do similar on Pyramid cos weren't people expecting some massive surprise and then it ended up being N.E.R.D. who turned up late and then got booted off stage or something?