Lineup 2018

Something else to take away from that Firefly announcement is that Rudimental are around next summer too. Don't think they will get booked for R&L but I guess they're another potential NME headliner?

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Yeah I believe so, maybe the Twitter legends have been right all along :D

Oh I had no doubt that they'll be around this summer, just doubtful that they'll be at R&L.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Chemical Brothers, Annie Mac and Craig David top 3 acts for Boardmasters. Any relevancy to R&L?

They still have 2 headliners to announce, Annie Mac and Craig David are subs. Annie Mac is still a possibility as ever, could be on either NME or Dance stage.

4 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

quite surprised about Royal Blood being so low 

First major thing I noticed, maybe this is the first suggestion we might be overestimating how other festivals see them in terms of size. 

Arctic monkeys are teasing more stuff on their instagram apparently, absolutely buzzing

Edit: Thought this was Dover in the UK oops, yeah they're not as popular in the US in comparison to here

Edited by MIchael_scarn

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

First major thing I noticed, maybe this is the first suggestion we might be overestimating how other festivals see them in terms of size. 

Nah we haven't, they're way bigger in the UK than US. They've got acts higher on their lineup i.e. SZA and Logic who would be lower than Royal Blood at R&L.

Edit: Just seen your edit, never mind

Still don't think it's incredibly likely, but just hit me that Rudimental could be a possible sub for Kendrick. Can't really gauge how big they are these days, if that spot would be too big for them or if NME headline is too small.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Still don't think it's incredibly likely, but just hit me that Rudimental could be a possible sub for Kendrick. Can't really gauge how big they are these days, if that spot would be too big for them or if NME headline is too small.

Definitely not that big imo. Plus of all the dnb acts, they'd be best suited to Zombie V (we'd be more likely to get Chase & Status or Pendulum)

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Definitely not that big imo. Plus of all the dnb acts, they'd be best suited to Zombie V (we'd be more likely to get Chase & Status or Pendulum)

Aye you're probably right that they're more suited elsewhere, but just quickly checked and their debut album went 2x platinum and their last album went gold, not to mention all the massive singles they've had. It's been a while since they've released anything though so people might have massively lost interest in them, but I'd say that's a similar size to Bastille who subbed last year. Could be the sort of act that no one here would predict them to be big/relevant enough to sub, but R&L book them anyway.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Think they played V last year. Agree they’re not likely tho.

Still don’t get why Kygo is only an NME headliner despite nearly selling out The O2 while we’re prying open a coffin to have Rudimental sub. :lol:

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Think they played V last year. Agree they’re not likely tho.

Still don’t get why Kygo is only an NME headliner despite nearly selling out The O2 while we’re prying open a coffin to have Rudimental sub. :lol:

I'm still surprised about Kygo tbh considering how badly his second album flopped.....