new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hello everyone, I’ve only just started posting on here!

I’ve not missed a Glasto since 2002 and have been very lucky these last few years since Glasto has become the British cultural event of the year.

Hopefully I’ll get to meet a few of you if there is an efest group meet arranged and hopefully at the brothers bar!

Just now, CY 2019 said:

Hello everyone, I’ve only just started posting on here!

I’ve not missed a Glasto since 2002 and have been very lucky these last few years since Glasto has become the British cultural event of the year.

Hopefully I’ll get to meet a few of you if there is an efest group meet arranged and hopefully at the brothers bar!

welcome ... the meet has been at the ridge and furrow bar the last few years ... on the wed ... hopefully see you there :) 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome ... the meet has been at the ridge and furrow bar the last few years ... on the wed ... hopefully see you there :) 

Definitely!

I doing it solo this year for the first time ever so will hopefully meet a few people who I can meet up with over the course of the festival !

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, eFestivals said:

Welcome to the madness. :)

As a gentle introduction for any new people, feel free to introduce yourself here before you dive right in.

Hi, I’ve got glasto tickets and literally just realised I’ve missed the camper and tickets....arghhhh!!

Anyone know when the resale date is and what the chances are of getting one?!

STRESSSSSSD

10 minutes ago, Debz007 said:

Hi, I’ve got glasto tickets and literally just realised I’ve missed the camper and tickets....arghhhh!!

Anyone know when the resale date is and what the chances are of getting one?!

STRESSSSSSD

dont worry plenty of time to get these yet ... they may appear in dribs and drabs before  but there should be more back on sale in April time ... Welcome :) 

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker, like almost 19 years, but first time poster.  YAY!  Finally!

Originally from Glasgow but living in Toronto now.  Went to Glasto in 97 and 2000 and tbh thought those days were behind me.  Through some wacky life circumstances ended up getting tickets for my wife and I (she's never been) in 2017.  Couldn't believe how much it had changed, but loved it.  Missed out last year and realised just how much we needed it in our life.  Got tickets for next year, so super excited to get back to the fields.  

Feel like I spend half my life on this forum, so time to get involved.

Cheers!

Edited by TorontoScot

15 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Hi Everyone!

Originally from Glasgow but living in Toronto now.  Went to Glasto in 97 and 2000 and tbh thought those days were behind me.  Through some wacky life circumstances ended up getting tickets for my wife and I (she's never been) in 2017.  Couldn't believe how much it had changed, but for the better.  Missed out last year and realised just how much we needed it in our life.  Got tickets for next year, so super excited to get back to the fields.  

Cheers!

welcome ... as long as the other half of life is productive its all fine .... im sure many on here think they are on here too much ... but cant help it .... even the ones that think they have escaped seem to loiter or return :) .... enjoy CF 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 6:20 PM, TorontoScot said:

Hi Everyone!

Originally from Glasgow but living in Toronto now.  Went to Glasto in 97 and 2000 and tbh thought those days were behind me.  Through some wacky life circumstances ended up getting tickets for my wife and I (she's never been) in 2017.  Couldn't believe how much it had changed, but loved it.  Missed out last year and realised just how much we needed it in our life.  Got tickets for next year, so super excited to get back to the fields.  

Cheers!

Welcome! There’s quite a colony of Scots on here. Most recent argument has been about rolls!  Please tell me you havnt started calling them buns! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Welcome! There’s quite a colony of Scots on here. Most recent argument has been about rolls!  Please tell me you havnt started calling them buns! 

Cheers Chris!  I'd never stoop so low as to call them buns, because they're obviously......baps?  Right? 😂😂.  Although it's always a breakfast roll from the greasy spoon, but a floury bap fey the posh bakery.  Have you ever came across anywhere onsite that does a breakfast roll with haggis/black pudding?  We usually just end up taking some macsweens and cooking it up, but would love to know if there's anywhere that does a coronary in a bun/roll/bap/ at glasto.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TorontoScot said:

Cheers Chris!  I'd never stoop so low as to call them buns, because they're obviously......baps?  Right? 😂😂.  Although it's always a breakfast roll from the greasy spoon, but a floury bap fey the posh bakery.  Have you ever came across anywhere onsite that does a breakfast roll with haggis/black pudding?  We usually just end up taking some macsweens and cooking it up, but would love to know if there's anywhere that does a coronary in a bun/roll/bap/ at glasto.

Never seen, or wanted haggis but I am sure black pudding is available but not in a roll! That’s a cultural think peculiar to us along with square slice sausage! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Been lurking for about a year now, 2019 was my first time on the farm but now I'm itching to go every time! 

Was one of the unlucky few that put the card details in, confirmed and the page hung until it sold out for 2020 so the threads I've been lurking every day are the Volunteering 2020 and Resale Club 🥺 Prior to last years festival I was reading state of the ground, bargains and what have you done to get ready... threads daily - thanks all who contributed as it helped me have such an amazing first experience!

12 minutes ago, rhi293 said:

Hi guys!

Been lurking for about a year now, 2019 was my first time on the farm but now I'm itching to go every time! 

Was one of the unlucky few that put the card details in, confirmed and the page hung until it sold out for 2020 so the threads I've been lurking every day are the Volunteering 2020 and Resale Club 🥺 Prior to last years festival I was reading state of the ground, bargains and what have you done to get ready... threads daily - thanks all who contributed as it helped me have such an amazing first experience!

welcome to the forum ... and the massive help of those particular  threads at the moment to many of us ... glad you enjoyed 2019 and fingers crossed for some 2020 luck ...CF 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

im looking forward to my 1st trip to Glastonbury next year. I’ll be 50 next year, and I’m going with my son - who will be nearly 18. We are both music daft, and also just plain daft.

thanks for putting all the information in here - it’s invaluable. I spent many years going to t in the park but can’t wait for my 1st visit to Glastonbury.

cheers,

blakey

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blakester said:

Hi everyone,

im looking forward to my 1st trip to Glastonbury next year. I’ll be 50 next year, and I’m going with my son - who will be nearly 18. We are both music daft, and also just plain daft.

thanks for putting all the information in here - it’s invaluable. I spent many years going to t in the park but can’t wait for my 1st visit to Glastonbury.

cheers,

blakey

@blakesteryou and your son are going to have a fantastic time..! it will be mind blowing. I took my daughters to their first Glastonbury when they were 18 and 15 (11 years ago), this year is the first since then that we havent got tickets  A bit sick for ourselves, but i love to read about newbie families..

Make sure you read all the info off the main site, Tort's guides and of course ask questions on here...

Have fun.!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blakester said:

Hi everyone,

cheers,

blakey

Your mind will be blown :) enjoy and welcome 

• Like 1

Hi folks

My name is Peter from Melbourne Australia. I am coming to Glasto 2020 with my kids. They will be camping with their mates on site and I was thinking of staying in Pikton and commuttingiby car each day. There are some reasonably priced Airbnbs in town.

Does anyone have any experience of commuting each day?

Cheers

Peter

11 minutes ago, Peter Smith said:

Hi folks

My name is Peter from Melbourne Australia. I am coming to Glasto 2020 with my kids. They will be camping with their mates on site and I was thinking of staying in Pikton and commuttingiby car each day. There are some reasonably priced Airbnbs in town.

Does anyone have any experience of commuting each day?

Cheers

Peter

By commuting I reckon you'd miss 90% of the fun at the world's best festival.  I don't know how your kids would feel about having dad around.  I'd discuss camping with them.  Although your tent will be near theirs you probably won't see them much as there is so much to do and people tend to go their separate ways.  If that's not a goer then I'd think about camping solo.  There are lots of solo camping groups on this forum and you'd meet up and make some good mates.

• Like 1

Morning

Like so many others I am a first time poster and very long time lurker. This forum has been an invaluable source of information and your enthusiasm for all things Glastonbury has been a welcome distraction from work over the years! This year will be my wife and I's 11th consecutive festival and our second with a toddler in tow. Over the years our group has fluctuated between 4-15 people, with parents, grandparents, siblings friends etc all getting involved at some point. We are all terrified that one year the ticket gods will forget about us but for now we have this summer to look forward to, so plenty of hours browsing the forums ahead!