Car Parking

Mouseboy11

Sceptic here. I've a strong feeling it's an easy income booster as opposed to the wanting people getting coaches and the other blurb that's spouted out. And better than the alternative of raising ticket prices, although it does that by slight of hand. 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yup. A tenner raise. Previous raises have either been 0 or a fiver (since I first drove in 2009). Think a lot of it is down to neighbouring farmers trying to ransom the eavii. It's expensive but less than 6 quid a day if you get there Tues and leave Mon eve. 

Can just imagine people sat in their cars in the car park on the Monday not leaving because they've not had value for money from their car park ticket yet :)

I do think it's a big part of the incentive to get people to use public transport. It should also encourage people to car-share. One parking ticket between 4 (depending on the size of the car!) is £8.75 each, which only works out at approx £1.45 each a day.

I get the coach as I wouldn't be happy to drive home safely on the Monday (I'm not very good when it comes to fatigue and would be at serious risk of falling asleep at the wheel!), however the nearest coaches are an hour or two hours away so it does cost me a fair bit but it means I get there and back safely. I think overall the coach would still be cheaper than parking and petrol though, especially as I would have to travel alone unless I offered a car share, and even then I only have a small car so space would be very limited.

Off topic question regarding tickets, I already think I know the answer and know its probably been asked before. So sorry in advance thought I'd post it here instead of a whole new topic.

Im paying the full balance of a friends ticket as well as my own (not something I've done before) as they are currently away in Asia somewhere and will be coming straight to the festival from there. As the lead booker I assume their ticket as well as mine will come to my home address.

Edited by little_jim

2 minutes ago, little_jim said:

Off topic question regarding tickets, I already think I know the answer and know its problem been asked before. So sorry in advance thought I'd post it here instead of a whole new topic.

Im paying the full balance of a friends ticket as well as my own (not something I've done before) as they are currently away in Asia somewhere and will be coming straight to the festival from there. As the lead booker I assume their ticket as well as mine will come to my home address.

no it goes to their registered address. there is probably some way of changing it via Seetickets.

7 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

no it goes to their registered address. there is probably some way of changing it via Seetickets.

Tickets go to the lead bookers address. Certainly if they pay the balance. I get tickets to me for 2 different address registrations. 

2 minutes ago, whisty said:

Tickets go to the lead bookers address. Certainly if they pay the balance. I get tickets to me for 2 different address registrations. 

Cheers, I knew the answer just needed someone else to confirm it rather than assume and brick it days before the festival as only one ticket has arrived here.

44 minutes ago, whisty said:

Apologies - my mistake.  I've been lead booker but we all paid separately

from offy site -  "You can pay the balance for up to 6 tickets in one transaction, providing you have all paid a deposit and they are all the same ticket type. By grouping your balance payments together you will only pay one postage and packing fee. You will need to provide each of their registration numbers and postcodes in order to pay their balances".

Can anyone shed some light please? The only times I've driven down recently have been to park in the disabled area, traveling with different folk this year so will be parking in the common car park.  What's the process if you arrive for the car park opening at 9pm Tuesday? Previous years we've been held in a separate area till about 7am then parked for the weekend, is it the same story for public? 

£35 for 5 days of parking is a bargain. Go to Oxford or Brighton or London and see how long you get to park in a public car park for £35. It won't be 5 days, I can assure you.

If it's cheaper for you to travel by bus or train, why not do that, instead of bleating about the car park cost? Or is it really not cheaper on public transport......?

1 hour ago, Lou1983 said:

Perfect! Cheers scruffy! Were camping so will be great to get a space nice and choose to the entrance....Hopefully! 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily work like that - and it seems to change every year. You'll just be put in the car park they're filling up at that time. And it may not be the nearest first.

i personally prefer to be a bit further out, i was in the pink car park last time and when it came to Monday we drove straight out while others in the closer car parks where bumper to bumper and didn't seem to be going anywere.

It's not so bad having a big walk at the start of the week when your excited and happy about the forthcoming shenanigans but on Monday when your at deaths door and have the weight of the world on your shoulders the last thing i want is to be stuck in a 2 hour queue!!!

18 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Nobber. I sometimes don't leave while Monday evening if I need to have more kip or relieve my hangover. If i'm still there after two no point setting off till six due to rush hour. 

same here we stay until late afternoon as you end up doing is sitting in the carpark or road traffic, so might as well chill :)

22 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

i personally prefer to be a bit further out, i was in the pink car park last time and when it came to Monday we drove straight out while others in the closer car parks where bumper to bumper and didn't seem to be going anywere.

It's not so bad having a big walk at the start of the week when your excited and happy about the forthcoming shenanigans but on Monday when your at deaths door and have the weight of the world on your shoulders the last thing i want is to be stuck in a 2 hour queue!!!

20 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Nightmare carrying stuff back though, no?

I've done a mini trip out on the Sunday morning the last few years and shifted the car if necessary.  Means the load is a little lighter and I get to jump to the other side of the road in West car parks - so walk a bit further, but drive out no problem at all.

25 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Nightmare carrying stuff back though, no?

not really i made a trip back on the Saturday and left a bag of worn clothes, and all my drink was drunk.

so i only really had my tent, my airbed and my clothes. With the help of a crate truck/trolly and 2 big rucksacks it was easy enough*

*As easy as it can be on The dreaded monday

1 hour ago, gerardfenton18 said:

We're staying in Glastonbury on the Monday night (long drive to glasgow!) so don't plan on leaving till about 4pm should be fine by then 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily work like that - and it seems to change every year. You'll just be put in the car park they're filling up at that time. And it may not be the nearest first.

Right ok, will just have to go with the flow I suppose then, cheers for the info! 

lets face it , it's worth it.

I know it  I could get the coach , but i can barely fit all my gear in my car , it's an estate and there will be two of us the trolley takes up most room. So getting the coach is not viable. So I will pay the £35 between 2  it is £17.5 each.  That is not  bad at all and I get to come and go as I please