Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've got a 5 day camping and campervan ticket to sell, friend is getting married that weekend so can no longer go, will sell for exactly what I paid for them and will post them recorded delivery as soon as they arrive. £346.90 in total. 

21 hours ago, Fiona1111 said:

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've got a 5 day camping and campervan ticket to sell, friend is getting married that weekend so can no longer go, will sell for exactly what I paid for them and will post them recorded delivery as soon as they arrive. £346.90 in total. 

Not sure if you're aware but Download pretty much never sells out, with the lineup it has this year (which is good imo) it's not selling out this year either, so unless you have a friend or family member interested in going, I reckon it will be a real struggle for you to shift those at face value.

Might be able to flog the campervan ticket at the price you paid if those sell out nearer the time though. 

Your best bet with flogging the 5 day camping ticket is on Twickets. Twickets is the best re-sell site to flog tickets, but even so they still take 10 percent of the overall ticket price (they don't take this away from you, but add it on to whoever is buying) so say you put the ticket at £220, this would still cost whoever was buying it a total of £242 - so obviously no one is buying that. What you'll have to do is put the ticket at £190-195, which will put the overall price at just under face value from the Download site. 

Obviously this means you'll have to take a bit of a loss, but that's still a much better scenario then losing all o f the money. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

Evanescence under Alter Bridge would work. 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Evanescence / Airbourne / In Flames / Blue Oyster Cult / Sabaton / Fozzy / Kvelertak

That'd be a decent, 'classic/older' (terrible choice of words but I know what I mean :lol:)  day compared to the other two, I think. 

Edited by Andre91

On 14 December 2016 at 0:39 PM, dentalplan said:

I see Evanescence are doing a Czech festival at the start of July.

Sunday 3rd down? Probably still big enough to sub and they wouldn't be out of place on Saturday but ADTR still seem too strong a candidate there.

Looks like that headlining Graspop

image.jpg

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

the fact that Evanescence can still headline anything baffles me. this whole 'release an album, tour, fuck off for a few years, repeat' thing they seem to have going is really working in their favour

It depends how big they are in other places though. Editors have done nothing of note for years but still headline in Belgium.

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Pendulum (live), Alter Bridge, Good Charlotte, Mastodon, Knife Party, Gojira, La Pegatina, shame all announced for Nova Rock.

There is a small chance they are the sub to Biffy and ADTR are playing R&L but I'd be surprised if they weren't headlining there. Later in the year imo but there is only a few at max that Nova share with Reading.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

the fact that Evanescence can still headline anything baffles me. this whole 'release an album, tour, fuck off for a few years, repeat' thing they seem to have going is really working in their favour

Yeah I don't get it either. With, say, Linkin Park and System of a Down they seemed to have enough impact that you heard whenever they had an album out and stuff whereas Evanescence seemed big for a series of three or four singles over one year, never to be heard of again. But apparently they did enough then to guarantee the next two records (two fucking albums since!) hit no. 1 and sold out arenas and stuff. I filed them next to The Rasmus and Hoobastank as largely forgotten 2003 shit but whatever. :lol:

Headlining Graspop seems like they could easily turn down sub or third down but I dunno. I'm not on the edge of my seat to find out.

After last night, KoRn are on headliner form. If the next album does as well as this one has, then it's got to happen.

Actually, Copping said as much on the That's Not Metal podcast last week. When speaking about KoRn and Deftones he said that you can't rule them out headlining if they both bring out albums as good as their latest ones next time round. He said that if a band are selling out arenas and doing those numbers, that can't be ignored. I think that either of those bands could for sure; they're  absolute favourites with the DL audience.

Take KoRn for example, if they steer clear of the UK now for a couple of years and come back with a new album in 2019, there's your headliner. This tour will have done them wonders, I'm sure. I'm feeling a KoRn resurgence. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

After last night, KoRn are on headliner form. If the next album does as well as this one has, then it's got to happen.

Actually, Copping said as much on the That's Not Metal podcast last week. When speaking about KoRn and Deftones he said that you can't rule them out headlining if they both bring out albums as good as their latest ones next time round. He said that if a band are selling out arenas and doing those numbers, that can't be ignored. I think that either of those bands could for sure; they're  absolute favourites with the DL audience.

Take KoRn for example, if they steer clear of the UK now for a couple of years and come back with a new album in 2019, there's your headliner. This tour will have done them wonders, I'm sure. I'm feeling a KoRn resurgence. 

come on now - Korn and Deftones aren't going to headline. they may both be enjoying renewed success that they haven't had in some time but to think it's enough to bump them up to headliners after all these years is ridiculous. Copping has shown time and time again that he'll always go for the big bucks mega headliner over the underdog/risk so i guarantee they'll continue to return as subs until people stop giving a shit again in a few years

I'm not saying that I don't think Korn or Deftones "deserve" to headline or could/should have headlined if things had worked out differently. But you can't have Korn or Deftones headline Download now. They've spent the best part of a decade playing lower slots at Download, to suddenly elevate them to headliners now would be a huge risk considering you'd now be asking people to pay headliner money for them. There was a fair amount of backlash for Korn subbing this year, you could say they've dispelled that by doing well in arenas, but would they have done as well without Limp Bizkit as their support/co-headliner on that tour? I'm not so sure. 

I mean, yeah you could go with Korn headlining and Limp Bizkit subbing, which would be great for a lot of people, but again, you'd be charging big prices for a headliner and a sub that you could have seen play 3rd down and headline 2nd in 2013 for less money. 

• 3 weeks later...